"For those curious about God" or "Aliens create placenta"

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 5:26 am » by Punjedi

Catchy title? Think you can read more than 10 words and not be bored because it doesn't have pictures or videos?

Care to see into the mind of a 36 year old Christian who also believe 911 was an inside job and Cydonia is an ancient martian outpost?

Then read on.....

To all the naysayers...

Go out, stand in a waterfall, or look over a precipice, or stare into the night sky and see all of it's wonder. I just spent most of yesterday up in Feather River valley and got to witness some very awe inspiring rapids and waterfalls. I challenge anyone to Google Earth for Feather River Highway near Belden, Ca and just follow the highway.

The pebbles in the cold clear water that I dug my hands into, and the amazing minerals and sediment that exist under the water is astounding. Some of the stuff you see just makes you wish you could travel back and time and see it's inception. The raging power and surge of energy from the rapids as they rush over massive granite boulders and fan out in all directions. Creating a cool mist that washes over you that ever so slightly spritzes away the heat from you face as it pummels your eardrums with it's massive and purposeful journey down the mountain.

Now look out upon this great vista, this vast gorgeous land and think to yourself.

Before we stepped foot for one second in that land was it still just as beautiful? Just as awe inspiring? Just as wonderful and humbling as it is now?

Once you do that, then try to imagine creating anything like that.

No, really.

Imagine trying to build and construct every aspect of every minute detail to keep it all working. How the bugs interact with the vegetation which shields the ground, which builds it's strength and big trees can take root, give oxygen, die, decay, provide homes for life during its existance and it's demise. How the glaciers melt creating streams which combine into rivers which feed our lakes and oceans, then evaporate and ascend only to collect, become heavy, and rain down onto the mountains, freeze, and the cycle begins anew. From mountain top to valley floor.

Now...

If you can do ALL of that, have it last for eons, and look as soul-wrenching and heart-stopping as it does

then you can try and dismiss the wonder and the absolute glory of God.

Describing feats of technoloy and engineering does not count as copying His work either.

Oh, and evolution? So some lightning hits a pond and now we have stealth jets.....?!

"Spontaneous generation has long been shown to be impossible (by Louis Pasteur in 1859). Numerous efforts to bring life from non-life (including the famous Miller-Urey experiment) have not succeeded"

SO again, we know we can DESTROY life, but we can't create it. We have NOTHING to do with the sperm or the egg, we don't create it, we merely house the vessel that produces it and then we are merely it's transport.

We can even inject sperm into a test-tube egg and start it's conception, but again, we did not CREATE the sperm or the egg. Plus, once the fertilized egg hits a certain maturity (very early on) then it cannot survive without some sort of biological host. Barring any sick government labs, we don't have that technology yet.

Now, when you slam God and make it easier for yourself to think that your internal actions aren't held accountable, maybe consider stepping out into the REAL world as you like to say.

It's easy to be on here or Utoob, or any other social sight and slam what you don't understand or haven't taken the time to listen to your true heart and soul.

The simple message is and always was "Love Christ, Love others, Love yourself" Anything beyond that, is manmade and a manipulatable (fake word) construct.

Lastly, for those that like to nitpick about "I live a good life, I don't steal, and I don't harm others" Good for you but I still ask who you give the glory to at the end of the day?

Because I can say this. You didn't make the sun come up, and I'll be pretty confident in saying that you didn't make the stars shine.

Besides, what's all this beauty for if there isn't an amazing and strange creature such as ourselves to take it all in? All He asks in return is a simple Thank You.

</end rant>
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 5:33 am » by Nihilgeist

punjedi wrote:Catchy title? Think you can read more than 10 words and not be bored because it doesn't have pictures or videos?

Care to see into the mind of a 36 year old Christian who also believe 911 was an inside job and Cydonia is an ancient martian outpost?

Then read on.....

To all the naysayers...

Go out, stand in a waterfall, or look over a precipice, or stare into the night sky and see all of it's wonder. I just spent most of yesterday up in Feather River valley and got to witness some very awe inspiring rapids and waterfalls. I challenge anyone to Google Earth for Feather River Highway near Belden, Ca and just follow the highway.

The pebbles in the cold clear water that I dug my hands into, and the amazing minerals and sediment that exist under the water is astounding. Some of the stuff you see just makes you wish you could travel back and time and see it's inception. The raging power and surge of energy from the rapids as they rush over massive granite boulders and fan out in all directions. Creating a cool mist that washes over you that ever so slightly spritzes away the heat from you face as it pummels your eardrums with it's massive and purposeful journey down the mountain.

Now look out upon this great vista, this vast gorgeous land and think to yourself.

Before we stepped foot for one second in that land was it still just as beautiful? Just as awe inspiring? Just as wonderful and humbling as it is now?

Once you do that, then try to imagine creating anything like that.

No, really.

Imagine trying to build and construct every aspect of every minute detail to keep it all working. How the bugs interact with the vegetation which shields the ground, which builds it's strength and big trees can take root, give oxygen, die, decay, provide homes for life during its existance and it's demise. How the glaciers melt creating streams which combine into rivers which feed our lakes and oceans, then evaporate and ascend only to collect, become heavy, and rain down onto the mountains, freeze, and the cycle begins anew. From mountain top to valley floor.

Now...

If you can do ALL of that, have it last for eons, and look as soul-wrenching and heart-stopping as it does

then you can try and dismiss the wonder and the absolute glory of God.

Describing feats of technoloy and engineering does not count as copying His work either.

Oh, and evolution? So some lightning hits a pond and now we have stealth jets.....?!

"Spontaneous generation has long been shown to be impossible (by Louis Pasteur in 1859). Numerous efforts to bring life from non-life (including the famous Miller-Urey experiment) have not succeeded"

SO again, we know we can DESTROY life, but we can't create it. We have NOTHING to do with the sperm or the egg, we don't create it, we merely house the vessel that produces it and then we are merely it's transport.

We can even inject sperm into a test-tube egg and start it's conception, but again, we did not CREATE the sperm or the egg. Plus, once the fertilized egg hits a certain maturity (very early on) then it cannot survive without some sort of biological host. Barring any sick government labs, we don't have that technology yet.

Now, when you slam God and make it easier for yourself to think that your internal actions aren't held accountable, maybe consider stepping out into the REAL world as you like to say.

It's easy to be on here or Utoob, or any other social sight and slam what you don't understand or haven't taken the time to listen to your true heart and soul.

The simple message is and always was "Love Christ, Love others, Love yourself" Anything beyond that, is manmade and a manipulatable (fake word) construct.

Lastly, for those that like to nitpick about "I live a good life, I don't steal, and I don't harm others" Good for you but I still ask who you give the glory to at the end of the day?

Because I can say this. You didn't make the sun come up, and I'll be pretty confident in saying that you didn't make the stars shine.

Besides, what's all this beauty for if there isn't an amazing and strange creature such as ourselves to take it all in? All He asks in return is a simple Thank You.

</end rant>

And for all that beauty and wonder and creation, there are a multitude of people that are born with defects and diseases that prevent them from experiencing it, including a family member of mine. They take medication to alleviate the constant pain that it brings, only to have the side effects of such medication further degredate their bodies and minds to the point of requiring more medication to combat the results of the side effects of the other medications, and so on and so forth.

Yes, your God is such an awesome god, to create life to experience life, only to prevent such life from experiencing life. Awesome indeed.
Five Finger Death Punch
"I'd rather you hate me, for everything I am than ever love me, for something that I'm not."

Lowsix wrote:Seriously dude..you're trash.
Always have been.

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 6:00 am » by Punjedi

I am sorry for your troubles yet I can't help but realize that you still mentioned things that could have been brought on just by our actions on this planet?

How many buffalo have Alzheimers? How many chickens have Autism? Yes I know that sounds a bit ridiculous but we have seen sickness change and mutate much in the way WE do. In other words, as we advance and grow and change, we still induce and introduce strange things into strange lands. Plague, Virus, and Cancer are all words for the same thing. Something is always attacking our body. Something is always trying to kill us or drive us crazy. Some have the luck to be in the right place, or the right time, or the right venue to not have to experience the horrible sickness and frailties that can befall us. I pray for every soul that encounters tragedy but I also glorify in His name when I see souls encounter joy.

I believe this universe was created as a stage, with us as very complex and very intriquing participants in this great play called Life. It has to have drama, it has to have suspense and mystery, it has to have happiness and joy, it ESPECIALLY has to have tragedy or there is nothing for the protagonist to go on.

In other words. If the guy didn't go down the scary hallway and get hacked, you wouldn't be sitting in that movie theatre hoping for just one kiss.

We are not INDIGENOUS to this planet. Look around. This Earth tries to kill us every chance it gets. Anything we ecnounter basically wants to eat us or drink us or just plain stomp us into bits.

Thinking along that line, I tend to believe that it's because THIS life on this challenging Earth is our trial. It's when we get to stand up against so many adveristies, use whatever means possible, and enjoy the short time we have before we go home.

I don't mean to sound preachy but even a person who is almost completely incapable of movement or speech or the ability to even care for his own wastes can still have the power to change the world....

If you don't believe that then I guess Stephen Hawkings is just some bum with a telescope.

--Josh
Nihil Sine Fide!

Initiate

PostMon May 17, 2010 6:10 am » by Captainkarizma

we are energy beings that are here to experience a different reality good or bad it really doesn't matter the survival instinct in every living thing is by design , fractal math, quantum physics. shows this is very probable. but as to a (GOD) I cannot with good conscience and being somewhat intelligent agree it was an all powerfull being that created our reality. I do however find it more satisfying to believe we create our reality so that we can experience life and its wonders that we cannot otherwise experience in our energy form (spirit) if you will. Think of what it would be like to live as a snail or a tree , space and time is relative soo to be something different than ourselves would be a totally different life experience , everything in our reality is ruled by one law and that is moderation , humans over populate the planet thus other speices must give way and go extinct. when our population decreases new speices will give rise.its not an equilibriam but moderation.
:robot: this is the captain speaking :badair:

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:13 am » by Punjedi

captainkarizma wrote:we are energy beings that are here to experience a different reality good or bad it really doesn't matter the survival instinct in every living thing is by design , fractal math, quantum physics. shows this is very probable. but as to a (GOD) I cannot with good conscience and being somewhat intelligent agree it was an all powerfull being that created our reality. I do however find it more satisfying to believe we create our reality so that we can experience life and its wonders that we cannot otherwise experience in our energy form (spirit) if you will. Think of what it would be like to live as a snail or a tree , space and time is relative soo to be something different than ourselves would be a totally different life experience , everything in our reality is ruled by one law and that is moderation , humans over populate the planet thus other speices must give way and go extinct. when our population decreases new speices will give rise.its not an equilibriam but moderation.

What's rather interesting is that I completely agree with you! Of course, save for one small point.

Can not one omnipotent presence that encompasses all energy and life not also give us , His most precious energy and form, the ability to create and shape the world around us as a collective?

I am sorry, I don't mean to sound preachy, really. I would much rather discuss the freefalling towers of shame or this lovely tidbit...

In Gulliver's Travels Jonathan Swift described the two moons of Mars, Phobos and Deimos, giving their exact size and speeds of rotation. He did this more than 100 years before either moon was discovered.

For those that hear these words like God, Bible, and Christ and just get angry and sickened at how we sheeple are so close-minded, let me say. I was right there. I was there for just about 27 years. I have said and even done some very nasty and callous things trying to debunk and refute Christ as I grew up.

Names have always changed, written interpretation have always been a muddled heap.

I struggled for years against Christ, I choose personally to follow that narrow path and I will never stand and say that it's the path everyone else sees. I think for each person they see and feel the energy as you say, (I just personally call it Spirit) a bit differently.

The only reason that I started this post was mainly...

1. I didn't want to overshadow someone elses thread with my rather winded response.

2. Just wanted to give an insight to my personal insight and beliefs.

I apologize for sounding at all demeaning as well. I use the terms you and we very generally, and ALWAYS include myself in any of the faults of humankind save my feeling of Christ.

I am only human. Thank God :)
Nihil Sine Fide!

Writer

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:21 am » by Toxsick

Jesus, (pun intended)

here we go, another "believer" who thinks "cant explain it, must be god."

I"m quite sure it was mystical, beautiful, maybe even magical, but that doesn't prove shit. I'm sorry but it doesn't. I can find the beauty in absolute silence, what does that prove?

Let me try to get something through the believers heads. We are NOT the be all end all of everything that has/does/or ever will exist. Just because WE don't know, WE can't figure it out, WE can't explain something DOES NOT mean it must be "God". That a human being can somehow decide for all of space, all of time, all of everything that what someone thinks is somehow always "gold" and must be true. That is ignorance beyond comprehension! It must be nice living in a place where the universe revolves around you and you somehow have the power to control it at the same time. UN F'N BELIEVABLE PEOPLE!!
"If I never disappoint you, how can I surprise you?"

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:25 am » by Punjedi

Such anger. sheesh.

Obviously didn't read a word of what I wrote. Saw the title and wanted to bash.

Nice. Feel better now? Awesome.
Nihil Sine Fide!

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:25 am » by Dukettt

World is great! Some flowes there some animal crap there and all between. Why just not let everyone believe what they want and not push your own dogma. Be the one who lets people be and just enjoy your own warm feeling you get knowing your own truth. If you start pushing it to strangers it gets corrupted. We have seen this everyday it just creates friction. It would really make things simpler for everyone if no religion is discussed between strangers, ever. Religion discussion should stay between friends and family or in the places of worship.
------------------------------
canubis wrote:
a hill goes up not digs itself into a grave newbie.. lol i made the word LOL in 95 on ms CHAT orels ill be saying ROFLMAO fkn n00b

Conspirator

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:30 am » by Punjedi

Wow, anyone actually reading what I wrote?

Nope, didn't think so.

I agree with just about everything everyone says, I merely posted this to show my PERSONAL belief. You didn't have to read it, but if your going to comment then you should.

If I follow your textbook criticism of wackos, then I would shun all alien thoughts right? I wouldn't think for a second there was an other culture or another possibility of the truth right?

I go on what I am given. I have lived in Alaska, Colorado, New Jersey, Kansas, and, Massachusettes. Worked many cool and wonderful jobs. Survived some pretty friggin horrible ordeals, so no.

Don't ever assume that I am some mindless monkey that didn't do his homework about science and faith together before coming to this obviously VERY touchy subject.

It wasn't easy to decide to post this but being as God is just as much in the book of theories as anything else, I felt it appropriate.
Nihil Sine Fide!

Writer

PostMon May 17, 2010 7:37 am » by Toxsick

punjedi wrote:Such anger. sheesh.

Obviously didn't read a word of what I wrote. Saw the title and wanted to bash.

Nice. Feel better now? Awesome.

No, I did not just read the title and feel like going on a bashing spree. I read your post. You were lost in the marvelous beauty of nature and couldn't help but think that god obviously did all of it. I was refuting that. Granted I admit I wasn't the nicest when I said what i said, but I was blunt. Sometimes the truth hurts.

btw, do you deny what i said in my original post? And yes, I do feel a little better because I feel i said what needed to be said, but now i'm also fired up at the same time. How about you? You god on and tried to "spread the word". Do you feel better now? you did "your part" of trying to prove god exists? Handshakes all around at the church next week. HURRAY!
"If I never disappoint you, how can I surprise you?"

Next