Four In Five Want Bankers Prosecuted

Do You Want Guilty Bankers Prosecuted?

1. Yes- to the maximum degree.
78%
2. Yes- just enough to let them know we mean business.
11%
3. Not Sure- maybe they're not at fault.
No votes
4. No. Just replace them with people we can trust.
No votes
5. No. Just tell them we forgive their misdeeds.
11%

Total votes : 9
Conspirator

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 11:10 pm » by Mushroom

The bankers should be regulated by the police, not the FSA. Do the police and CPS really need the FSA to confirm that this is corruption and fraud before they act? ... It's ludicrous really.

Not only do I think that bankers should face criminal charges for fraud and corruption, I think that this proposal should be extended to the Government and the police force... Which leaves one slight problem, who will enforce the policies? or who will pass new laws criminalizing these activities to begin with..

I see another long drawn-out 'Leveson Enquiry' at the tax payers expense and no real change in the way that any of our institutions are run.

No matter what the little man wants.. it's the big boys who call the shots...and there's nothing we can do about it

The One in Five minority will be the winners i suspect :(

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 11:29 pm » by Seahawk

Ugly truth, Shroom.

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 1:39 pm » by Mushroom

LONDON (Reuters) - Barclays Plc Chief Executive Bob Diamond quit on Tuesday under a barrage of fire from politicians, the highest-profile casualty of an interest rate-rigging scandal that spans more than a dozen major banks across the world.

"The external pressure placed on Barclays has reached a level that risks damaging the franchise - I cannot let that happen," Diamond said in a statement six days after Britain's third-largest bank was fined nearly half a billion dollars for its part in manipulating a global benchmark interest rate.

Diamond's resignation was effective immediately. Outgoing chairman Marcus Agius will lead the search for a new CEO, despite having announced his own imminent departure a day earlier, declaring that "the buck stops with me".

Despite sending a long letter to staff on Monday that showed his resolve to continue, Diamond decided to quit later that day after Prime Minister David Cameron and Chancellor George Osborne announced a parliamentary inquiry into the scandal, a person familiar with the matter said.

I suppose quitting is better than facing criminal prosecution... I wonder what his golden handshake will be?

Diamond will still appear on Wednesday before the parliamentary committee probing the scandal, with Agius appearing on Thursday. The inquiry will report by the end of the year and influence the government's financial sector reforms.

Not really any surprises then.. The main reforms will probably be to introduce an higher level of encryption algorithms on the banks email system and to open a scape-goat department which will ensure that no more CEO's have to endure the public scorn and treatment that ol' Bob has had to cope with.

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 11:36 pm » by Mushroom

Here's the golden handshake... The guy deserves it for taking one for the team!
Bob Diamond could be entitled to a pay-off of between £20 and £30 million it emerged this afternoon despite being forced to resign of chief executive of Barclays over the rate rigging scandal.

Read the full article here: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 05494.html

Within minutes of Mr Diamond’s decision being officially announced the Chancellor George Osborne went on the radio to welcome the news as “the right decision for Barclays (and) the right decision for the country”.

Yeah.. this is justice ... pffft!

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 04, 2012 4:36 am » by Mydogma

Bob Diamond could be entitled to a pay-off of between £20 and £30 million it emerged this afternoon despite being forced to resign of chief executive of Barclays over the rate rigging scandal.

thats beyond a shitty joke...any cop with an ounce of guts would walk in and arrest him...or thousands of people sand outside his estate waiving placquerds for citizens arrest...scum like that and the rest of the board of directtors should be handcuffed and all computers siezed...they would do that for us for a 5000 buck scam...diamond is a sapsucking scab leach...he does not deserve to sit on a yatch...
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostWed Jul 04, 2012 5:50 am » by Hurtswhenipee

4 out of 5 Dentists surveyed recomended Sugarless Gum to their patients that chew gum! What did the 5th asshole say "ya chew all the sugar laden gum you want"
So the 5th guy/gal here must be a banker or related WTF. :hell:
ImageImage
9/11 was an inside job! Question everything.

Previous