Four In Five Want Bankers Prosecuted

Do You Want Guilty Bankers Prosecuted?

1. Yes- to the maximum degree.
78%
2. Yes- just enough to let them know we mean business.
11%
3. Not Sure- maybe they're not at fault.
No votes
4. No. Just replace them with people we can trust.
No votes
5. No. Just tell them we forgive their misdeeds.
11%

Total votes : 9
Conspirator

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 8:02 pm » by Flecktarn

Four out of five people want individuals to be prosecuted when banks break the law, according to a new survey.
Research by consumer watchdog Which? also showed that two-thirds of people believe the Governent will not act in their best interests when implementing banking reform.
And only one in five think the Financial Services Authority is effective in regulating UK banks.
The watchdog is calling on the Government to ensure criminal prosecutions can be brought against individuals - up to boardroom level - who have presided over corrupt practices.
The organisation also wants the process of ring-fencing retail banking from investment banking to be fast-tracked.
Their push comes as the banking industry is engulfed in a new scandal following revelations about rate-fixing at Barclays.
Meanwhile, Sky News' city editor Mark Kleinman has revealed George Osborne is to publish a consultation paper about clawing back bank directors' pay.
Which? chief executive Peter Vicary-Smith said: "Consumers are clearly fed up with one banking scandal after another.
"Banks and bankers will continue to be seen as untouchable unless individuals are held to account for their actions and the culture of banking is changed for good.
"The fines handed down to banks are not a deterrent. Last week Barclays was fined less than £60m in the UK, compared to £231m in the US, and has paid out £2bn in compensation and settlements in the last three years, but that seems to have little effect.
"The Government needs to change the rules so that criminal prosecutions can be brought against individuals if banks have flouted the rules.
"We also want the banking sector referred to the Competition Commission immediately. More competition is essential to force a change in the culture of British banking."
The survey was conducted by YouGov and involved 1,035 adults.

i want them to suffer ,,the robbing bastards :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell:
ImageImage

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 8:20 pm » by Seahawk

I added a poll, Fleck. That okay? Let me know if you wanna change it in any way. :flop: :cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm » by The57ironman

.....you can educate the ignorant...but there's no fk'n helping the stupid.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 10:04 pm » by Flecktarn

all ok with me
thanks hawk :cheers: :cheers:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 10:13 pm » by Evildweeb

Four out of five eh?

Well no one polled me, so I'll throw in my two cents and let's make it FIVE OUT OF FIVE!

:flop:

:cheers:

:banana:

Beer acquisition continues up to the point of some form of saturation and is driven on a course directed by the path of least resistance to the fridge

Initiate

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 10:26 pm » by 2020

Hey, who is gonna get these fucks in a court? no-one! they are some of the biggest cash donors to the Conservative Party in power in the UK.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 10:29 pm » by Constabul

5 out of 5 people want ice water in hell, doesn't mean it will happen tho.

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 10:30 pm » by Seahawk

And to both parties in the U.S. Seems like a F*cked proposition, eh?

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 10:48 pm » by Cia212

Seahawk100 wrote:And to both parties in the U.S. Seems like a F*cked proposition, eh?

The politicians who refuse their money don't get votes - mostly because they also vow to cut government handouts. The problem, then, is with the American people. There are too many people who are too reliant on the government for too many reasons. Those who get the handouts feel entitled to it, those who pay are pissed.

I think it's about time to restart a secession discussion...this time for the right reasons.

Super Moderator

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 10:56 pm » by The57ironman

Cia212 wrote: it's about time to restart a secession discussion...this time for the right reasons.

...i agree.....it's about time...

there'll be hell to pay , but ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do... :mrcool:

.....you can educate the ignorant...but there's no fk'n helping the stupid.

Next