Fox News Viewers Know Less Than People Who Don't Watch Any N

Initiate

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 9:20 am » by Serendipity

Faux News
Fox Noise
:vomit:
Ever wonder why tey started putting "Fair and Balanced" right next to their logo? :lol:

Utter Fucking Tripe 85% of the time.

One thing I will say though, in all fairness, they do have more content than most of the other networks. Connections has its perks..They carry more stories than a lot of folks so iI do use them for that, but damn..them guys can spin some nasty yarns eh? :hell: :bang; :lol:
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 9:28 am » by Constabul

serendipity wrote:Faux News
Fox Noise
:vomit:
Ever wonder why tey started putting "Fair and Balanced" right next to their logo? :lol:

Utter Fucking Tripe 85% of the time.

One thing I will say though, in all fairness, they do have more content than most of the other networks. Connections has its perks..They carry more stories than a lot of folks so iI do use them for that, but damn..them guys can spin some nasty yarns eh? :hell: :bang; :lol:

yup, taking them on face value to me, is no different then taking the huffington post, cnn , or msnbc on face value, they are all owned by someone, in most cases that someone is the same person, or works for the same interests.

But hey, playing orchestrated sides against one another keeps it real..
Real simple.

Tho all ye liberal types can keep reading such articles and feel, " we are smarter then them" due to a poll in New Jersey telling us so ... LoL

Initiate

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 9:34 am » by Middleman

The written word is notoriously bad at conveying the more subtle forms of humor, which is why we have smilies...which you only used on the part attacking Huffpo.

So you really thought their story was well done? So well done that you bothered slating them again in a later post?

That shit is hilarious. :D

Initiate

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 9:37 am » by Serendipity

yup, taking them on face value to me, is no different then taking the huffington post, cnn , or msnbc on face value, they are all owned by someone, in most cases that someone is the same person, or works for the same interests.

Real simple.

True. :flop:
I go to every news source I can find. I read between the lines and get the news from all sides. I would be called a 'liberal' I guess :roll: ..but i can't watch msnbc without rolling my eyes and cringing as well. I wish the 'liberal' side would not stoop to colored journalism and just leave that to the masters, but they justify it in the name of tit for tat. And i would not be surprised at all if they all served the same interest. The greatest ploy for control is to offer people a 'choice'.
:cheers:
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 9:38 am » by Constabul

middleman wrote:The written word is notoriously bad at conveying the more subtle forms of humor, which is why we have smilies...which you only used on the part attacking Huffpo.

So you really thought their story was well done? So well done that you bothered slating them again in a later post?

That shit is hilarious. :D

Initiate

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 9:41 am » by Middleman

Did you mean that ironically? It's getting harder to tell with every post.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 9:46 am » by Chronicnerd

Wow,
Let's see...
First off the study has to do with *primarily MUSLIM* countries. While I think being concerned about the middle East is important, I also think we need to focus a little on the issues at hand here at home. I can't tell you how many of the younger folks found in the OWS crowd couldn't even define what "credit" really was or how the Fed Reserve creates "money" ( other than saying the default idiot statement of "they print it").

So, information like:
Among other topics, New Jerseyans were asked about the outcome of the uprisings in
North Africa and the Middle East this past year. While 53% of New Jerseyans know that
Egyptians were successful in overthrowing the government of Hosni Mubarak, 21% say
that the uprisings were unsuccessful, and 26% admit they don’t know. Also, 48% know
that the Syrian uprising has thus far been unsuccessful, while 36% say they don’t know,
and 16% say the Syrians have already toppled their government.
But the real finding is that the results depend on what media sources people turn to for
their news. For example, people who watch Fox News, the most popular of the 24-hour
cable news networks, are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their
government than those who watch no news at all (after controlling for other news
sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors). Fox News watchers
are also 6-points less likely to know that Syrians have not yet overthrown their
government than those who watch no news.

Above is a quote from their "research"... the fact that people don't know this... I would *LOVE* to see what MSNBC viewers scored...

But it gets better...never mind this:
http://www.thewrap.com/media/article/fox-news-wins-2010-cable-news-ratings-war-23505

Or this:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-tops-cnn-msnbc-hln-in-prime-time-friday/
The margin of error for a sample of 612 randomly selected respondents is

And never mind that they only asked 612 people in New Jersey...and of those 612 people the *majority* of them watched Fox News...oh yeah...Fox has been *crushing* the other news channles...so..uh...yeah..that means that since the *majority* of Americans who watch cable news watch Fox News...and they poll people...and they find the *majority* of them don't know that much about the middle East....so they *MUST* be getting dumber by watching Fox News....not that we don't have people thrashing the streets or any form of major economic collapse...or Iran about to Nuke Israel..or a million other issues around the world...but it *MUST* be that if you watch Fox News you get stupid!

Or the fact that 64% of those people watched Fox News...or that 54% of them couldn't identify Romney or Cain as Republicans...or that 74% of them read the local news papers...hey...reading makes you dumb...its true! Go read their *official* report...done in New Jersey...with 612 people...because after all:
Since there are 300 MILLION people in the US that is a whole 0.00000204 of a percent!!!

So it MUST be true! We all know sampling 612 people from New Jersey is a perfectly valid way to determine that Fox News makes you stupid.... because if you don't know what is going on in Egypt...then you *must* be dumb...

Regarding the polls...the Republican "poll" leaders have changed only....what like 10 times in the past 4 months? Who didn't know *exactly* where the polls stood?!

Second issue with this "poll" is that it was only done in New Jersey...which was done

I welcome the economic collapse... and can't wait until the majority of the idiots can't pay their electric bills... it will be 100% an assured way to cull out the idiots...

Enjoy your knew overlords you dolts...

Sheeple sheeple...everywhere...

And yes...I watch Fox News...and I feel even dumber now...it could be having to stoop to your idiotic brain wave levels....or maybe it is Fox News....not sure yet..but boy those statistics *sure* do make sense to me!

Either case, you can be rest assured that us stupid folk have the numbers when it comes to voting:
http://articles.businessinsider.com/2010-11-03/entertainment/29965639_1_cnn-and-msnbc-fox-news-channel-midterm-election

You might be careful with this link... it could make you dumb!
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/11/dont-hear-george-soros-ties-30-major-news-organizations/

Oh hey! Its our buddy and Pal!! George Soros...and he has all sorts of ties to Huffington post....

But...what do I know...I must just be getting dumber as I type this...

:bang;
I think the IQ level of this site is failing....and the sheeple have most definitely settled in...

Oh yeah...and never mind that they fail to mention...How the people who watch no news at all...know more...I guess they just absorb it as they watch their fav TV show...

You know...those whole 612 people of the 300,000,000 people in the US....
Makes perfect sense...
Mad Cow has settled in...

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 10:02 am » by Constabul

serendipity wrote:

Real simple.

True. :flop:
I go to every news source I can find. I read between the lines and get the news from all sides. I would be called a 'liberal' I guess :roll: ..but i can't watch msnbc without rolling my eyes and cringing as well. I wish the 'liberal' side would not stoop to colored journalism and just leave that to the masters, but they justify it in the name of tit for tat. And i would not be surprised at all if they all served the same interest. The greatest ploy for control is to offer people a 'choice'.
:cheers:

One can see the control of the media with the powers that be from as early as the days of Harry Anslinger, in the demonetization of Hemp, dealing with prohibition and how it has carry threw to present day, with the war on drugs.
Also in the release of information, in dealings with world war II. Propaganda has been a useful tool of the government for generations. Which is further aggravated by the philosophic stances of Liberal vs conservative, or Rep. vs Dem. when a underlying unifying factor exists, which is being American.
The media sources tho, being under the direction of the government couldn't possibly lie to you, or spin stories to have you at others throats in the realm of ideology vs the government that carries it out. That would be preposterous.

But that sort of connection(being american) is divided by the media portrayal of so and so vs so and so. Even more so special interests have hijacked different parties as to be synonymous with that affiliation. Which is a misnomer. Race vs Race, sexuality vs religion, religion vs choice. All the while the government overspends, makes draconian laws, and we point the finger at one another.
Yes this article makes sense in the insanity we have allowed to build up around us.
The only ones at fault are, Ourselves.

middleman wrote:Did you mean that ironically? It's getting harder to tell with every post.

How obtuse are you?
How bout, start from the beginning, and read it all again. Then just stop, and think.
Not about what you think about what was written, but think about what was written.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 10:18 am » by Chronicnerd

chronicnerd wrote:Wow,
Let's see...
First off the study has to do with *primarily MUSLIM* countries. While I think being concerned about the middle East is important, I also think we need to focus a little on the issues at hand here at home. I can't tell you how many of the younger folks found in the OWS crowd couldn't even define what "credit" really was or how the Fed Reserve creates "money" ( other than saying the default idiot statement of "they print it").

So, information like:
Among other topics, New Jerseyans were asked about the outcome of the uprisings in
North Africa and the Middle East this past year. While 53% of New Jerseyans know that
Egyptians were successful in overthrowing the government of Hosni Mubarak, 21% say
that the uprisings were unsuccessful, and 26% admit they don’t know. Also, 48% know
that the Syrian uprising has thus far been unsuccessful, while 36% say they don’t know,
and 16% say the Syrians have already toppled their government.
But the real finding is that the results depend on what media sources people turn to for
their news. For example, people who watch Fox News, the most popular of the 24-hour
cable news networks, are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their
government than those who watch no news at all (after controlling for other news
sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors). Fox News watchers
are also 6-points less likely to know that Syrians have not yet overthrown their
government than those who watch no news.

Above is a quote from their "research"... the fact that people don't know this... I would *LOVE* to see what MSNBC viewers scored...

But it gets better...never mind this:
http://www.thewrap.com/media/article/fox-news-wins-2010-cable-news-ratings-war-23505

Or this:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-tops-cnn-msnbc-hln-in-prime-time-friday/
The margin of error for a sample of 612 randomly selected respondents is

And never mind that they only asked 612 people in New Jersey...and of those 612 people the *majority* of them watched Fox News...oh yeah...Fox has been *crushing* the other news channles...so..uh...yeah..that means that since the *majority* of Americans who watch cable news watch Fox News...and they poll people...and they find the *majority* of them don't know that much about the middle East....so they *MUST* be getting dumber by watching Fox News....not that we don't have people thrashing the streets or any form of major economic collapse...or Iran about to Nuke Israel..or a million other issues around the world...but it *MUST* be that if you watch Fox News you get stupid!

Or the fact that 64% of those people watched Fox News...or that 54% of them couldn't identify Romney or Cain as Republicans...or that 74% of them read the local news papers...hey...reading makes you dumb...its true! Go read their *official* report...done in New Jersey...with 612 people...because after all:
Since there are 300 MILLION people in the US that is a whole 0.00000204 of a percent!!!

So it MUST be true! We all know sampling 612 people from New Jersey is a perfectly valid way to determine that Fox News makes you stupid.... because if you don't know what is going on in Egypt...then you *must* be dumb...

Regarding the polls...the Republican "poll" leaders have changed only....what like 10 times in the past 4 months? Who didn't know *exactly* where the polls stood?!

Second issue with this "poll" is that it was only done in New Jersey...which was done

I welcome the economic collapse... and can't wait until the majority of the idiots can't pay their electric bills... it will be 100% an assured way to cull out the idiots...

Enjoy your knew overlords you dolts...

Sheeple sheeple...everywhere...

And yes...I watch Fox News...and I feel even dumber now...it could be having to stoop to your idiotic brain wave levels....or maybe it is Fox News....not sure yet..but boy those statistics *sure* do make sense to me!

Either case, you can be rest assured that us stupid folk have the numbers when it comes to voting:
http://articles.businessinsider.com/2010-11-03/entertainment/29965639_1_cnn-and-msnbc-fox-news-channel-midterm-election

You might be careful with this link... it could make you dumb!
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/11/dont-hear-george-soros-ties-30-major-news-organizations/

Oh hey! Its our buddy and Pal!! George Soros...and he has all sorts of ties to Huffington post....

But...what do I know...I must just be getting dumber as I type this...

:bang;
I think the IQ level of this site is failing....and the sheeple have most definitely settled in...

Oh yeah...and never mind that they fail to mention...How the people who watch no news at all...know more...I guess they just absorb it as they watch their fav TV show...

You know...those whole 612 people of the 300,000,000 people in the US....
Makes perfect sense...

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 am » by Cia212

chronicnerd wrote:You know...those whole 612 people of the 300,000,000 people in the US....
Makes perfect sense...

In fairness, the poll is only for NJ residents. But the required number of people to make the poll random should be 784, not 612. That number doesn't fluctuate much for a sample population, the only significant differences would be the confidence level (usually 95% or 99%) and the margin of error (in this case it's stated to be 3.5%). So the confidence level the pollster used was probably 93% - doesn't sound like much, but it questions the statistical significance of their findings.

PreviousNext