Fox News Viewers Know Less Than People Who Don't Watch Any N

Initiate

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 10:42 am » by Serendipity

Mad cow?...Mad cow?!?...if I was a cow I'd be pissed!

:mrgreen:
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Initiate

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 11:48 am » by Middleman

constabul wrote:
How obtuse are you?
How bout, start from the beginning, and read it all again. Then just stop, and think.
Not about what you think about what was written, but think about what was written.

Condescending, much?

Everything you said that made sense, you subsequently disavowed as "humor".

I still can't work out whether you think the Huffpo piece reported accurately on the findings of the study. Was that legitimate criticism or satire?

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 pm » by Spock

@ ChronicNerd :flop:

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 12:21 pm » by Harbin

Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm » by Constabul

middleman wrote:
constabul wrote:
How obtuse are you?
How bout, start from the beginning, and read it all again. Then just stop, and think.
Not about what you think about what was written, but think about what was written.

Condescending, much?
Everything you said that made sense, you subsequently disavowed as "humor".

I still can't work out whether you think the Huffpo piece reported accurately on the findings of the study. Was that legitimate criticism or satire?

middleman wrote:Because if it happens outside the US, it's not worth knowing, right Cunstabol?

Have i been afforded the respect to act otherwise? you are surprised by this?

I see humor in many things, such as someone taking a poll made by a liberal publication, making a hit piece against their competition, as serious. Quite humorous indeed, which speaks volumes for those believing or supporting the finding of said poll.

No, i do not, nor did not find them to be accurate. Others have broken down the aspects of such. But I personally put no stock in Polling data, which has been and can be skewed to present anything someone wishes. I can only assume if you read my other posts you might understand what my position is in regards to media outlets in general.

satire, criticism, geographical puns, and the gauge of ones intelligence/smarts by current events in the middle east, as the barometer. Is a fucking joke.

But some gullible people will read it an go " yup, them damn neocons, getting dumber and dumber for watchen them there on fox news, You wanna mocca frappichino delight with your huffington posts insider edition."

the shit is laughable.
I haven't said fox is the best, or that i even watch fox, what i have said that lookin at what is presented, it belongs in the hoax/disinfo section. Because it is just that.

But, if you wanna poll a bunch of randoms with in the range of 600+ about certain questions, and cross ref those findings on which ones watch fox, and deem "Yup this proves it,and reflects them all!"
Then be ready to be called stupid and retarded..

if you can't figure it out from here, i might would suggest additional home schooling.
have fun with that.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 4:52 pm » by Chronicnerd

spock wrote:@ ChronicNerd :flop:

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 5:08 pm » by Kinninigan

Fox news reporter yelled at by producers for shapeshifting...sometimes watching fox news is fun :alien51: :alien51: :alien51: :alien51: :alien51: :alien51:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan
http://www.disclose.tv/user/kinninigan/

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 5:22 pm » by Mydogma

Yep proof u can't learn from a baboon
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Initiate

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 5:44 pm » by Serendipity

Just in case anyone is feeling like claiming that shit is real you can see her dress "shapeshifting" along with the rest of the video shot...obvious digital artifact. :dunno:
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 pm » by Chronicnerd

chronicnerd wrote:Wow,
Let's see...
First off the study has to do with *primarily MUSLIM* countries. While I think being concerned about the middle East is important, I also think we need to focus a little on the issues at hand here at home. I can't tell you how many of the younger folks found in the OWS crowd couldn't even define what "credit" really was or how the Fed Reserve creates "money" ( other than saying the default idiot statement of "they print it").

So, information like:
Among other topics, New Jerseyans were asked about the outcome of the uprisings in
North Africa and the Middle East this past year. While 53% of New Jerseyans know that
Egyptians were successful in overthrowing the government of Hosni Mubarak, 21% say
that the uprisings were unsuccessful, and 26% admit they don’t know. Also, 48% know
that the Syrian uprising has thus far been unsuccessful, while 36% say they don’t know,
and 16% say the Syrians have already toppled their government.
But the real finding is that the results depend on what media sources people turn to for
their news. For example, people who watch Fox News, the most popular of the 24-hour
cable news networks, are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their
government than those who watch no news at all (after controlling for other news
sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors). Fox News watchers
are also 6-points less likely to know that Syrians have not yet overthrown their
government than those who watch no news.

Above is a quote from their "research"... the fact that people don't know this... I would *LOVE* to see what MSNBC viewers scored...

But it gets better...never mind this:
http://www.thewrap.com/media/article/fox-news-wins-2010-cable-news-ratings-war-23505

Or this:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-tops-cnn-msnbc-hln-in-prime-time-friday/
The margin of error for a sample of 612 randomly selected respondents is

And never mind that they only asked 612 people in New Jersey...and of those 612 people the *majority* of them watched Fox News...oh yeah...Fox has been *crushing* the other news channles...so..uh...yeah..that means that since the *majority* of Americans who watch cable news watch Fox News...and they poll people...and they find the *majority* of them don't know that much about the middle East....so they *MUST* be getting dumber by watching Fox News....not that we don't have people thrashing the streets or any form of major economic collapse...or Iran about to Nuke Israel..or a million other issues around the world...but it *MUST* be that if you watch Fox News you get stupid!

Or the fact that 64% of those people watched Fox News...or that 54% of them couldn't identify Romney or Cain as Republicans...or that 74% of them read the local news papers...hey...reading makes you dumb...its true! Go read their *official* report...done in New Jersey...with 612 people...because after all:
Since there are 300 MILLION people in the US that is a whole 0.00000204 of a percent!!!

So it MUST be true! We all know sampling 612 people from New Jersey is a perfectly valid way to determine that Fox News makes you stupid.... because if you don't know what is going on in Egypt...then you *must* be dumb...

Regarding the polls...the Republican "poll" leaders have changed only....what like 10 times in the past 4 months? Who didn't know *exactly* where the polls stood?!

Second issue with this "poll" is that it was only done in New Jersey...which was done

I welcome the economic collapse... and can't wait until the majority of the idiots can't pay their electric bills... it will be 100% an assured way to cull out the idiots...

Enjoy your knew overlords you dolts...

Sheeple sheeple...everywhere...

And yes...I watch Fox News...and I feel even dumber now...it could be having to stoop to your idiotic brain wave levels....or maybe it is Fox News....not sure yet..but boy those statistics *sure* do make sense to me!

Either case, you can be rest assured that us stupid folk have the numbers when it comes to voting:
http://articles.businessinsider.com/2010-11-03/entertainment/29965639_1_cnn-and-msnbc-fox-news-channel-midterm-election

You might be careful with this link... it could make you dumb!
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/11/dont-hear-george-soros-ties-30-major-news-organizations/

Oh hey! Its our buddy and Pal!! George Soros...and he has all sorts of ties to Huffington post....

But...what do I know...I must just be getting dumber as I type this...

:bang;
I think the IQ level of this site is failing....and the sheeple have most definitely settled in...

Oh yeah...and never mind that they fail to mention...How the people who watch no news at all...know more...I guess they just absorb it as they watch their fav TV show...

You know...those whole 612 people of the 300,000,000 people in the US....
Makes perfect sense...
Mad Cow has settled in...

And back full circle to make sure the *real* facts about this post don't get lost in the disinfo crap that is apparently becoming a common trend...

Post something that defends the liberal progressive party, slams the conservatives in an immature way based on misinformation, and when someone posts the facts of the claims that pretty much discounts the claim...

Post information that is either:
vulgar
attacking
offensive
or just plain crazy...

Previous