Frightenening Truth, or Christian Fear-Mongering?

Writer

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 12:47 am » by Erin39

truthdefender wrote:
tuor10 wrote:Maybe if Christians understood that most of the bible is Pagan allegory things might be much clearer.
It is all a matter of interpretation and semantics.

Sources for such claims please. Here are mine:
Since the words in the Bible are now being Literally fulfilled, I believe the allegorical approach to interpretation is incorrect and thus being abandoned.

more-on-the-altered-bible-t45301.html

bibe-corrupted-here-s-your-proof-t37352.html

Truth...the bible isn't literally being fulfilled! Christians soooo want their way to be the right way that they will grasp at ANYTHING they can to make it seem as though they are right. The truth is Truth...YOU'RE bible is not right. You're bible is rewritten by those that want you to believe what THEY want you to believe, their form of control! You don't realize, or you're sooo brainwashed to believe you're Jesus...you're God...is loving when he's actually this hateful, MEAN soul who regrets making man. My God says LOVE one another, LOVE me. My God says he would NEVER give you anything but love, light and the TRUTH. My Jesus was a SIMPLE man like you or I. A SIMPLE person who JUST knew who he was. He KNEW his true self! And because he knew this, he was able to perform what you call miracles. I will never believe in your vengeful, hateful, MEAN S.O.B of a God. NEVER. I have no sins-and neither do you-to be forgiven for by him! You must ONLY forgive your self. That is your greatest gift you can give yourself. Original sin is not true!
Get with the program y'all! :yell: :hiho:

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 1:00 am » by Truthdefender

gnosticwanderer wrote:Why is it that I find bible quoters so pompous and full of themselves? Oh yeah, it's because they all assume WE don't know what to think until they come along and give us "revelations" purported to be from on high.... and if we question them, then we're going to "burn in hell for eternity"... ooooh
Let me throw out this tired old chestnut... THE BIBLE HAS BEEN REWRITTEN SO MANY TIMES THAT THE REAL MESSAGE OF THE CHRIST HAS BEEN TWISTED BY THE POWERS THAT WERE TO INSTILL FEAR AND OBEDIENCE IN THE MASSES.
Dogma is the control matrix of the male clergy....

Again, sources please. Mine have been listed. The ancient manuscripts of which there are literally tens of thousands are 98.5% identical in all respects. Please list your sources.
more-on-the-altered-bible-t45301.html
bibe-corrupted-here-s-your-proof-t37352.html

I apologize that you perceive this thread as pompous. However, the facts of prophetic fulfillment, and historical manuscripts support the Christian claim. Your opinions are only supported by the equivalent opinions of other men, propaganda, and an obvious distaste for a God that does not fit into the box you have placed Him.

Why is it that Christ cannot even be discussed without so much anger? That in it self should show you the day and age in which you live. Hate the Catholic church, or the panderers of the good folks money, that shouldn't turn you from a righteous curiosity about whether Jesus is who He claimed. And it shouldn't bring such disdain for you fellow man who wishes to share Him with you. Is it only "peace and love" when it is with folks of common interests?

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 1:05 am » by Truthdefender

rockapocalypse wrote:
tuor10 wrote:Maybe if Christians understood that most of the bible is Pagan allegory things might be much clearer.

Exactly. You don't have to dig very deep to find evidence supporting that very strongly. (I won't say "prove" for the sake of considering others' beliefs) Every religion or spiritual faith in history, farther back than the Greek, Norse, and Roman gods, has the same stories and myths as the bible, albeit altered slightly for the needs of whomever uses it for their own purposes. It's all been on DTV before.. thoroughly :flop: sorry, "truthdefender". Our own truths we've discovered and spread around here hold alot more water than yours, I'm afraid.

First, I am a senior to you here at DTV, even if only by a week. 2nd, do you see how you just blanketly defined this site as 'ours and yours' --us vs. them? You need to reevaluate your position sir. Lastly, truth by it's very definition is absolute. You may hold something as your truth, that doesn't mean it is not false.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 1:09 am » by Truthdefender

giusdude wrote:yawn......
couple of the residents prophet are fighting on who's right when it comes to the end of days date?
yawn again....
one is the virgin daughter of god. the other a doomsday predicter.
yawn for the last time.
both basing their theories and ideas on a book comissioned by a roman emperor and loosely based on a fairy tale/horror story of a jew false prophet that lived years before....
yup, the end of the days is near and the virgin prophet will lead us to endless love.

wake me up when it's time to enter paradise, will you?
cheers.

Sources, and the name of this emperor please! Let me enlighten myself so that you won't have to here me pesky preaching. Thanks

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 1:12 am » by Truthdefender

tuor10 wrote:
rockapocalypse wrote:

Exactly. You don't have to dig very deep to find evidence supporting that very strongly. (I won't say "prove" for the sake of considering others' beliefs) Every religion or spiritual faith in history, farther back than the Greek, Norse, and Roman gods, has the same stories and myths as the bible, albeit altered slightly for the needs of whomever uses it for their own purposes. It's all been on DTV before.. thoroughly :flop: sorry, "truthdefender". Our own truths we've discovered and spread around here hold alot more water than yours, I'm afraid.

You need only read the creation stories of every religion ever known to man to see that they all spin a similar yarn.
Fact is, faith and religion are universal so to speak, for they all convey the same rudimentary message: gods or god created earth and man.

Must be some truth to it then. Yet only the Bible includes not only stories of our past, but a detailed outline of our future.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 1:23 am » by Tuor10

truthdefender wrote:Must be some truth to it then. Yet only the Bible includes not only stories of our past, but a detailed outline of our future.

I will give you an quick example of how the ancient scriptures have been manipulated. The ancient translation of Genesis 1:2 states that god found earth flooded and desolate and made it anew for man - or words to that affect. The modern translation tells us that God made earth from scratch.
Make of that what you will, but I find the original translation very fascinating because it elucidates many things.

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 1:25 am » by Tuor10

truthdefender wrote:
giusdude wrote:yawn......
couple of the residents prophet are fighting on who's right when it comes to the end of days date?
yawn again....
one is the virgin daughter of god. the other a doomsday predicter.
yawn for the last time.
both basing their theories and ideas on a book comissioned by a roman emperor and loosely based on a fairy tale/horror story of a jew false prophet that lived years before....
yup, the end of the days is near and the virgin prophet will lead us to endless love.

wake me up when it's time to enter paradise, will you?
cheers.

Sources, and the name of this emperor please! Let me enlighten myself so that you won't have to here me pesky preaching. Thanks

This might help:

http://www.askwhy.co.uk/christianity/07 ... antine.php

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 1:28 am » by Eliakim

truthdefender wrote:I have no words for you Eli. I believe in another thread you claimed you were THE Son of Man, and the Spirit of Truth,

Correct and a lot more besides. Biblical scholars (that includes the 150 scholars from the Jesus seminar) agree that when Christ spoke about the 'Son of Man' to come he was not speaking about himself. The Essene Gospel of Peace also back that up.

truthdefender wrote: I have studied your twisted Judeo/Asrology/Numerology rants, it is you my dear queen who lacks understanding.

Astrology is in the bible and in the Dead Sea Scrolls that predate the bible.

In the beginning was the WORD is the most profound statement ever made because we live in a mathematical cosmos and numbers are part of its physics.

truthdefender wrote:1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 1 Timothy 4

1But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. 2 Peter 2

Yes the bible also tells you that the religious buildings e.g. Churches will burn in the flames. Religionists were clearly told not to build upon his foundations with building materials. Also the bible tells the Christians that there covenant with death is annulled.

As far Rev 19 is concerned.

“Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.”

Now the Church think the Royal Bride is the Church bit it isn't. Now read Micah chapter 4 regarding the LORD's plan for the last days and you will find her there again. You will also find her in Psalm 45, another prophecy fulfilled.

Now there is nothing in Rev 19 to indicate that "The Heavenly Warrior that Defeats the Beast" is Christ.

The term 'KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS' can be found in other cultures. In the mysticism of Judaism the white horse is the ACHARIT and it means the LAST, and that is the prophet that was promised to Moses. However, the Dead Sea Scrolls predict three different Messiahs, but yet, in a different text, Christ himself predicts that the person that his heavenly Father sends is three in one. He even gives the age that their work begins with the heavenly Father and when it will end. He also states again, that only the Father will know when they come and they will ask the Father to send them.

In Hindu mysticism the rider on the white horse is the LORD KALKI. The White Horse is found in all of the three philosophies. That is not surprising bearing in mind that the Hindu's, Christians and Jews are all having a problem with Islam.

Now the horse is symbolic of the soul that the LORD God Almighty rides, not his Son. The White Horse is called 'FAITHFUL and TRUE'. that's because Christ told his followers in the bible that a FAITHFUL servant would come to help them. They are TRUE because they are the Spirit of Truth. They also fulfill the promise to give glory to the teachings of Christ.

After New Jerusalem is built then you have Rev 22, then Jesus Christ says 'Behold, I am coming soon'. However, earlier in the book of Revelation he tells you that he has a new name and he gives it to the one that overcome and was placed on his throne.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV

Now to complicate matters further in the book of Daniel, it states that it will be the Ancient of Days that defeats the beast for the sake of the Saints.

Initiate

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 2:00 am » by Takemeillgo

truthdefender wrote:While most of you here will quickly write off any dire warnings whether from Christians or
some new doomsday author as fear-mongering, most of you also quickly defend the Mayan calendar or some wierd version of the new-age shift. It amazes me the many different 'theories' you all have adhered to, in order to down-play the prophetic word of the Bible (HAARP, NWO, mother earth, dimensional shift). And I am referring to those true prophecies taking place before our eyes, (Israel, mass animal deaths, lights in the skies, massive earthquakes, etc...) not those spouted off by our resident queen prophet. Most Americans have probably heard of the scared straight program--where juvenile delinquent kids are taken for tours of prison to try and scare them into acting right. Well as offensive as the lost might find it, the coming 'birth pains', and tribulation hour is just such a program from God for disobedient mankind. I pray we are as easy to reach as children

Food for thought:

"Why Are You Trying To Scare People?"
Quite often I get email messages from people who are irate over what they perceive as fear mongering on my part. They commonly ask me the same pointed question: "Why are you trying to scare people?" Of course, I've always been dumbfounded by this type of question. I tend to think the negative reactions are based on a rebellious rejection of the truth.

I've never really thought of Rapture Ready as a site that instills fear. On several occasions, I have tried to make the subject matter more palatable by adding a bit of lighthearted humor. One of my biggest concerns has always been whether I've been too flippant about serious, eternal matters.

In my travels, I've met a number of people who are repulsed by Bible prophecy they're genuinely bothered by the idea of the prophetic truth someday invading their world. Even the demonic angels that encountered Jesus were troubled by the knowledge that their time of freedom was limited.

"And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?" (Mat 8:29).

My interest in prophecy has been largely based on the realization that the rapture will someday take priority over all earthly things. I might plan to get married or enter a pie-eating contest next week. However, if the rapture comes today, my plans will be null and void.

I understand why some people are hostile to the truth, but still, it shouldn't matter what old Todd says or believes. The tribulation hour doesn't need my approval or help. God is the only one controlling the eternal schedule.

"And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power" (Acts 1:6-7).

The Future Is Scary
Many scholars apologize about the horrors detailed by prophecy. After frequently being labeled "prophets of doom," many end-time teachers now make a habit of saying that the world is not actually going to end. It's true that the Bible does say planet Earth will still be here at the conclusion of the seven-year tribulation hour...but it doesn't give mankind any guarantees.

We folks who work to draw the world's attention to prophecy are indeed prophets of doom. The Bible repeatedly warns of an approaching time of unimaginable wrath, so like it or not, doom is coming our way. During the tribulation, famine, natural disasters, war, and disease will create the greatest period of suffering in all of human history.

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Mat. 24:21).

The Bible doesn't say exactly what percentage of the world's population will perish, but it's clear from Scripture that the death rate will be very high. If you add up the judgments described in the Book of Revelation, at least two-thirds of the population will be wiped out. Jesus said if He didn't return at the end of the tribulation to end the fighting, no one would be saved.

"And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved" (Mark 13:20).

There is one simple reason the tribulation is going to be so horrific. God will be putting forth His best effort to get man's attention. Every time we read in Scripture that God has poured out His wrath on the earth, we also read the observation that man had refused to repent for his evil deeds. Some folks believe that most people left behind after the rapture will be barred from finding salvation. A quick check of the Bible, however, proves that the opportunity to repent and be saved is offered without any limitations.

"And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts" (Rev. 9:20-21).

Because deception will abound, most people will not respond to the warnings. Despite the devil doing his best to deceive man, many individuals will see the light and give their lives to Christ. The prophet, John, wrote that the number of people saved during the tribulation will be so large that no man will be able to number their ranks.

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands... These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb" (Rev. 7:9;14).

After the rapture, anyone contemplating becoming a believer will have to make a tough choice between life and death. He or she will have the option of submitting to Antichrist's rule or facing martyrdom. Those who decide to follow Antichrist will be compelled to receive a mark that will leave them eternally damned. Taking the martyrdom route will be no picnic. Many believers will survive to the end of the tribulation, but these will be few compared with the number of those who will give up their lives.

We should never try to take away from the magnitude of how dismal it will be for the people who will be trapped in the tribulation hour. Yet, even in earth's darkest hour, God's mercy will still be found. In most cases, mercy will not come in the form of deliverance. It will be manifested in the saints" ability to withstand the trials facing them.

No More Mr. Nice God
From day one, mankind has been entangled in a multitude of errors regarding the characteristics of God. A large portion of the population has refused to believe in a divine being. Of those people who do believe in a "Great I Am," many have a grievous misunderstanding of God's disdain for acts of disobedience.

I've met people who basically believe the Lord has no standards regarding sin. The average person you'd meet on the street will tell you, "Well, I've been a pretty good person most of my life."

I work on an Air Force base, and to get on base I need to show an ID card or have a military sticker on my car. Anyone lacking the proper authority is be turned away at the gate. Heaven will also have requirements for all people seeking to enter its gates.

The humble image of Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey, or sitting on a rock talking with children, seems to be permanently implanted in people's minds. But we need to become familiar with another image of Jesus: A Jesus with a rod of iron dispensing judgment on the nations. The Bible is full of ominous comments about God's sternness.

"And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" (Rev. 6:15-17)

I'm always telling people that one of the main reasons I continue to maintain Rapture Ready is that someday I'm going to have to go before the Lord of Lords and give an account of my life. I'm sure many of us have read some of the lighter references that show God's merciful side; however, we also read some rather strong words that describe how strictly our earthly deeds will be judged:

"Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men..." (2 Cor. 5:11).
"And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" (1 Pet. 4:18).

http://www.raptureready.com/rap21.html

seriously? it is time to wake up. so its jesus and god the other religions are wrong. I know for a fact what entity is the real Messiah it is the Leprechaun. On occasion he contacts me and because of my "integrity" he is using me as a vessel to spread his word. I will post soon as to his overall plan but I can tell you he is onboard with much of your gods hate. (you know homosexuals Muslims etc..)

Initiate

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 2:05 am » by Rockapocalypse

truthdefender wrote:
rockapocalypse wrote:

First, I am a senior to you here at DTV, even if only by a week. 2nd, do you see how you just blanketly defined this site as 'ours and yours' --us vs. them? You need to reevaluate your position sir. Lastly, truth by it's very definition is absolute. You may hold something as your truth, that doesn't mean it is not false.

I've been coming on DTV since 2007, and my position needs no reevaluation. the truth about your type of Christianity is blatant in how you parade it around and grasp for any shred of modern evidence to support your myths and pretend-land fables. that's the way it is
"Where should we be if no one tries to find out what lies beyond? Have you ever wanted to look beyond the clouds and stars and see what makes trees bud and darkness change to light? But people call you crazy when you talk like that.."

PreviousNext