Frightenening Truth, or Christian Fear-Mongering?

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 2:10 am » by Giusdude

tuor10 wrote:
truthdefender wrote:
giusdude wrote:yawn......
couple of the residents prophet are fighting on who's right when it comes to the end of days date?
yawn again....
one is the virgin daughter of god. the other a doomsday predicter.
yawn for the last time.
both basing their theories and ideas on a book comissioned by a roman emperor and loosely based on a fairy tale/horror story of a jew false prophet that lived years before....
yup, the end of the days is near and the virgin prophet will lead us to endless love.

wake me up when it's time to enter paradise, will you?
cheers.

Sources, and the name of this emperor please! Let me enlighten myself so that you won't have to here me pesky preaching. Thanks

This might help:

http://www.askwhy.co.uk/christianity/07 ... antine.php

thank you for saving me the trouble, man....

regardless, here's another link:
http://www.gotquestions.org/Constantine-Bible.html
as long as there's one idiot around wlling to believe bullshit, there will be a bullshitter

Initiate

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 3:13 am » by Nelusmc

I got tired of posting on these threads, but now I'm doin it I agree with the person that posted this topic. There are many things within the conspiracies that we read that coincide with what's written in scripture for it to have been written so long ago. To those don't believe sometimes a person chooses to write these things even if they know they will be rediculed but they write out of compassion not cockyness or arrogance. I'm not gonna write in scripture terms but I see the bible only as a direction guide persay. inorder for a person to obtain the supernatural spiritual awakening. O r in Jesus Christ term born again with his spirit. The bible in itself are the stories of many men who recieved that experience. For when someone humbles themselves and calls out to him and asks him to be ones savior a supernatural experience is what takes place. I'm gonna share this video it's a drama but this is very similar to what happens in the unseen realm or reality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA

Initiate

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 3:28 am » by Gonzo63

Cave ab homine unius libri.

Translation: Beware the man of one book.

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 6:20 am » by Truthdefender

tuor10 wrote:
truthdefender wrote:Must be some truth to it then. Yet only the Bible includes not only stories of our past, but a detailed outline of our future.

I will give you an quick example of how the ancient scriptures have been manipulated. The ancient translation of Genesis 1:2 states that god found earth flooded and desolate and made it anew for man - or words to that affect. The modern translation tells us that God made earth from scratch.
Make of that what you will, but I find the original translation very fascinating because it elucidates many things.

It's called the gap theory tour. Check it out. That may elucidate things for you further. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 7:26 am » by Truthdefender

@gius
That wasn't your refute was it? The got questions site. The council of Nicea is not a contraversy. You mean to tell me, you believe in aliens, the Illuminati, HAARP, and not something so simple as the spirit of God was in that room, deciding which books went in the finish product? That is a simple matter of faith, not a leap. The greatest conspiracy of all is right before your eyes! You are propagandized daily by science, entertainment, multiculturism, interfaith, aliens, new age thought---What do all of these 'fields' have in common? The ridicule of a belief in God, and Jesus. Why is it our children are being taught to be tolerant of Islam, and the media promotes it, yet the same schools and media, decry Christianity? The answer should be obvious to a thinking man.
Thanks for the link, been there. :cheers:
In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Previous