Frightenening Truth, or Christian Fear-Mongering?

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 31, 2011 11:21 pm » by Truthdefender

While most of you here will quickly write off any dire warnings whether from Christians or
some new doomsday author as fear-mongering, most of you also quickly defend the Mayan calendar or some wierd version of the new-age shift. It amazes me the many different 'theories' you all have adhered to, in order to down-play the prophetic word of the Bible (HAARP, NWO, mother earth, dimensional shift). And I am referring to those true prophecies taking place before our eyes, (Israel, mass animal deaths, lights in the skies, massive earthquakes, etc...) not those spouted off by our resident queen prophet. Most Americans have probably heard of the scared straight program--where juvenile delinquent kids are taken for tours of prison to try and scare them into acting right. Well as offensive as the lost might find it, the coming 'birth pains', and tribulation hour is just such a program from God for disobedient mankind. I pray we are as easy to reach as children

Food for thought:

"Why Are You Trying To Scare People?"
Quite often I get email messages from people who are irate over what they perceive as fear mongering on my part. They commonly ask me the same pointed question: "Why are you trying to scare people?" Of course, I've always been dumbfounded by this type of question. I tend to think the negative reactions are based on a rebellious rejection of the truth.

I've never really thought of Rapture Ready as a site that instills fear. On several occasions, I have tried to make the subject matter more palatable by adding a bit of lighthearted humor. One of my biggest concerns has always been whether I've been too flippant about serious, eternal matters.

In my travels, I've met a number of people who are repulsed by Bible prophecy they're genuinely bothered by the idea of the prophetic truth someday invading their world. Even the demonic angels that encountered Jesus were troubled by the knowledge that their time of freedom was limited.

"And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?" (Mat 8:29).

My interest in prophecy has been largely based on the realization that the rapture will someday take priority over all earthly things. I might plan to get married or enter a pie-eating contest next week. However, if the rapture comes today, my plans will be null and void.

I understand why some people are hostile to the truth, but still, it shouldn't matter what old Todd says or believes. The tribulation hour doesn't need my approval or help. God is the only one controlling the eternal schedule.

"And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power" (Acts 1:6-7).

The Future Is Scary
Many scholars apologize about the horrors detailed by prophecy. After frequently being labeled "prophets of doom," many end-time teachers now make a habit of saying that the world is not actually going to end. It's true that the Bible does say planet Earth will still be here at the conclusion of the seven-year tribulation hour...but it doesn't give mankind any guarantees.

We folks who work to draw the world's attention to prophecy are indeed prophets of doom. The Bible repeatedly warns of an approaching time of unimaginable wrath, so like it or not, doom is coming our way. During the tribulation, famine, natural disasters, war, and disease will create the greatest period of suffering in all of human history.

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Mat. 24:21).

The Bible doesn't say exactly what percentage of the world's population will perish, but it's clear from Scripture that the death rate will be very high. If you add up the judgments described in the Book of Revelation, at least two-thirds of the population will be wiped out. Jesus said if He didn't return at the end of the tribulation to end the fighting, no one would be saved.

"And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved" (Mark 13:20).

There is one simple reason the tribulation is going to be so horrific. God will be putting forth His best effort to get man's attention. Every time we read in Scripture that God has poured out His wrath on the earth, we also read the observation that man had refused to repent for his evil deeds. Some folks believe that most people left behind after the rapture will be barred from finding salvation. A quick check of the Bible, however, proves that the opportunity to repent and be saved is offered without any limitations.

"And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts" (Rev. 9:20-21).

Because deception will abound, most people will not respond to the warnings. Despite the devil doing his best to deceive man, many individuals will see the light and give their lives to Christ. The prophet, John, wrote that the number of people saved during the tribulation will be so large that no man will be able to number their ranks.

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands... These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb" (Rev. 7:9;14).

After the rapture, anyone contemplating becoming a believer will have to make a tough choice between life and death. He or she will have the option of submitting to Antichrist's rule or facing martyrdom. Those who decide to follow Antichrist will be compelled to receive a mark that will leave them eternally damned. Taking the martyrdom route will be no picnic. Many believers will survive to the end of the tribulation, but these will be few compared with the number of those who will give up their lives.

We should never try to take away from the magnitude of how dismal it will be for the people who will be trapped in the tribulation hour. Yet, even in earth's darkest hour, God's mercy will still be found. In most cases, mercy will not come in the form of deliverance. It will be manifested in the saints" ability to withstand the trials facing them.

No More Mr. Nice God
From day one, mankind has been entangled in a multitude of errors regarding the characteristics of God. A large portion of the population has refused to believe in a divine being. Of those people who do believe in a "Great I Am," many have a grievous misunderstanding of God's disdain for acts of disobedience.

I've met people who basically believe the Lord has no standards regarding sin. The average person you'd meet on the street will tell you, "Well, I've been a pretty good person most of my life."

I work on an Air Force base, and to get on base I need to show an ID card or have a military sticker on my car. Anyone lacking the proper authority is be turned away at the gate. Heaven will also have requirements for all people seeking to enter its gates.

The humble image of Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey, or sitting on a rock talking with children, seems to be permanently implanted in people's minds. But we need to become familiar with another image of Jesus: A Jesus with a rod of iron dispensing judgment on the nations. The Bible is full of ominous comments about God's sternness.

"And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" (Rev. 6:15-17)

I'm always telling people that one of the main reasons I continue to maintain Rapture Ready is that someday I'm going to have to go before the Lord of Lords and give an account of my life. I'm sure many of us have read some of the lighter references that show God's merciful side; however, we also read some rather strong words that describe how strictly our earthly deeds will be judged:

"Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men..." (2 Cor. 5:11).
"And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" (1 Pet. 4:18).

http://www.raptureready.com/rap21.html

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Initiate

PostThu Mar 31, 2011 11:23 pm » by Captainkarizma

Just a bunch of :bullshit:
sorry for being so blunt but thats just reality.
:robot: this is the captain speaking :badair:

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 31, 2011 11:37 pm » by Eliakim

truthdefender, I haven't met a Christian yet that truly understands the prophecies.

Yes, it is written that this time will be shortened for the sake of the elect? Why is that? Well Christ tells you that one comes before him to judge this generation. Christians ignore that completely, as he said about them 'Deaf, dumb and blind'. He also told his followers that the paraclete would come to help them. So he told them in many different ways and it can be found in many texts.

The book of revelation tells you that Christ doesn't come until after New Jerusalem is built, and the book clearly tells you all, who he gives his new name and the name of his city too.

There is a tremendous amount that we could be doing to bring truth to the world.

However, until people have the courage to face it head on, the more people will suffer.

Also people are required to align their will with the will of God, and that means a lot of people will have to move upwards and forwards with the divine plan together in harmony.

At this point in time its a waiting game until the people realize that they have no choice but to align their will.

At the moment the people think that they can do it alone without the one that God sent to help them.

So we wait and do what we can to inform people of the prophecies that have been fulfilled. None of which the prophet of Islam did or could ever do.

As we witness on this forum, people simply refuse to open their eyes and ears so that their hearts can understand the truth.

So you have groups of people all going their own way at the moment around and round in never ending circles. Islam and Orthodox Christians willing WW3, atheists won't even consider the positivity of the solution to the mess, because it includes the biblical prophecies that have largely been misunderstood by orthodoxy.

And the spiritual well, they all think love is going to cure everything. I've told them in the past it didn't stop Nazi Germany.

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 31, 2011 11:45 pm » by Truthdefender

eliakim wrote:truthdefender, I haven't met a Christian yet that truly understands the prophecies.

Yes, it is written that this time will be shortened for the sake of the elect? Why is that? Well Christ tells you comes before him to to judge this generation. Christians ignore that completely, as he said about them 'Deaf, dumb and blind'.

The book of revelation tells you that he doesn't come until after New Jerusalem is built and the book clearly tells you all who he gives his new name and the name of his city too.

There is a tremendous amount that we could be doing to bring truth to the world.

However, until people have the courage to face it head on, the more people will suffer.

Also people are required to align their will with the will of God, and that means a lot of people will have to move upwards and forwards with the divine plan together in harmony.

At this point in time its a waiting game until the people realize that they have no choice but to align their will.

At the moment the people think that they can do it alone without the one that God sent to help them.

So we wait and do what we can to inform people of the prophecies that have been fulfilled. None of which the prophet of Islam did or could ever do.

As we witness on this forum, people simply refuse to open their eyes and ears so that their hearts can understand the truth.

So you have groups of people all going their own way at the moment around and round in never ending circles. Islam and Orthodox Christians willing WW3, atheists won't even consider the positivity of the solution to the mess, because it includes the biblical prophecies that have largely been misunderstood by orthodoxy.

I have no words for you Eli. I believe in another thread you claimed you were THE Son of Man, and the Spirit of Truth, showing you are just as deceived as Muhammad, Muslims, and the new agers. I have studied your twisted Judeo/Asrology/Numerology rants, it is you my dear queen who lacks understanding.

1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 1 Timothy 4

1But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. 2 Peter 2

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 31, 2011 11:46 pm » by Tuor10

Maybe if Christians understood that most of the bible is Pagan allegory things might be much clearer.
It is all a matter of interpretation and semantics.

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 31, 2011 11:50 pm » by Truthdefender

captainkarizma wrote:Just a bunch of :bullshit:
sorry for being so blunt but thats just reality.

I know you see the world around you and think you perceive reality. Maybe it is the unseen world that is in actuallity the TRUE reality. This one will someday roll up like a scroll to reveal which paradigm we live in. Nice to see you again Capt.K, have a great day.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 31, 2011 11:54 pm » by Truthdefender

tuor10 wrote:Maybe if Christians understood that most of the bible is Pagan allegory things might be much clearer.

Sources for such claims please. Here are mine:
Since the words in the Bible are now being Literally fulfilled, I believe the allegorical approach to interpretation is incorrect and thus being abandoned.

more-on-the-altered-bible-t45301.html

bibe-corrupted-here-s-your-proof-t37352.html

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 31, 2011 11:59 pm » by Truthdefender

My dearest Eli, Jesus returns in Rev 19:11
11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

And then New Jerusalem, a city constructed with out human hands descends form the heavens!

Revelation 21
1 And I saw a New Heaven and a New Earth: for the first Heaven and the first Earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the Holy City, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of Heaven, prepared as a Bride adorned for her Husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of Heaven saying, Behold, the Tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said unto me, Write: for these words are True and Faithful.
6 And He said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the Water of Life freely.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 12:01 am » by Cia212

Fear or hope? I guess it depends if you see a lion or lamb.

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 12:05 am » by Tuor10

truthdefender wrote:
tuor10 wrote:Maybe if Christians understood that most of the bible is Pagan allegory things might be much clearer.

Sources for such claims please. Here are mine:
Since the words in the Bible are now being Literally fulfilled, I believe the allegorical approach to interpretation is incorrect and thus being abandoned.

more-on-the-altered-bible-t45301.html

bibe-corrupted-here-s-your-proof-t37352.html

The language in which the ancient scriptures were written in have, over time, altered as the evolution of language - and meaning in language - has altered. Thus it is logical to assume that the original meanings of words and texts have changed over the course of time. For example, the "chain of being" which was propagated by the Catholic church in order to keep the status quo in place was not part of the original scriptures, but through the manipulation of language meanings become altered to suit a particular ideological preference.
It seems to today that some within the Christian church who believe that judgment is at hand are using the same method of interpretation to validate their own particular brand of dogma.

Next