FROM THOSE WONDERFUL FOLKS WHO BROUGHT YOU THE INQUISITION!

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 2:53 pm » by Flecktarn

so your recommending no Resurrection?,or as i like to say come back gig :sunny:
ImageImage

Initiate

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 3:02 pm » by Lisko

demobe wrote:FROM THOSE WONDERFUL FOLKS WHO BROUGHT YOU THE INQUISITION!

"You believe that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

And you don�t understand why I have doubts?"

"What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!"
Pope Leo X (As attributed by John Bale, Bishop of Ossory, in The Pageant of Popes, p. 179, 1574)

"I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
~ Denis Diderot

All great truths begin as blasphemies.
~ George Bernard Shaw

You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.
~ [Usenet]

"The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all history."
-Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, Rohert A. Heinlein

"The same people that wrote the bible thought the world was flat. "
~ Unknown

"Any god that requires small minded bigots to speak for it, is not worth the breath it takes to pray." -- Jesper Myrfors

*Child Molestation scandals located HERE

Big Read :rtft:
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... sition.php

This is good but the best of it is"THE SAME PEOPLE THAT WROTE THE BIBLE THOUGHT THE WORLD WAS FLAT"

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 3:03 pm » by Aragajag

I hope you are well Fleck, a wee bit pissed atm and really expect ppl to be able to read my mind off of a few letters that I perceive to be in a sequence thats understandable.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 4:48 pm » by Flecktarn

:cheers: have a good one
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 6:39 pm » by Eldorado

This is good but the best of it is"THE SAME PEOPLE THAT WROTE THE BIBLE THOUGHT THE WORLD WAS FLAT"

I think they were arguing based on the transition of the map (flat) to the globe (round).......

This would have screwed up every standard method of calculating distance traveled and direction, and thousands of years of history and sailing the seas would have to be restructured into a new form of calculus.........an even more complex calculation method....perhaps this is the issue arising from the arguments.......kinda like on this website.....

Wonder ?? :headscratch: ??.....as I dont think they were as superstitious as we are being led to think they are......by the "evolutionary" trend of analysis. The thoughts were all there towards advancement of their species, but they lacked the tools and machines to be able to create the machines they were able to draw.....
“The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 7:21 pm » by Perronick

Science is the new religion, folks. Whoever dares to question the awsomness and usefullness of science and modern technology is considered some sort of retarded, subhuman creature from the abyss.

We only need a Science Vatican and we're all set.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 7:01 pm » by Truthdefender

lisko wrote:
demobe wrote:FROM THOSE WONDERFUL FOLKS WHO BROUGHT YOU THE INQUISITION!

"You believe that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

And you don�t understand why I have doubts?"

"What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!"
Pope Leo X (As attributed by John Bale, Bishop of Ossory, in The Pageant of Popes, p. 179, 1574)

"I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
~ Denis Diderot

All great truths begin as blasphemies.
~ George Bernard Shaw

You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.
~ [Usenet]

"The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all history."
-Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, Rohert A. Heinlein

"The same people that wrote the bible thought the world was flat. "
~ Unknown

"Any god that requires small minded bigots to speak for it, is not worth the breath it takes to pray." -- Jesper Myrfors

*Child Molestation scandals located HERE

Big Read :rtft:
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... sition.php

Isaiah 40:22
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Writer

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 11:37 pm » by Jimbobdaz

Isaiah 40:22
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,

there is a difference between a circle and a sphere! :)

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 5:03 pm » by Truthdefender

Not in the Hebrew it was written in. The word means a sphere. :)

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 7:46 pm » by SamueltheLion

truthdefender wrote:Not in the Hebrew it was written in. The word means a sphere. :)

i bet truthdefender is feeling mighty and epic, white warrior knight of the internet;

a bit like this really

but what about all the other replies, quotes, lines and so on? eh? ;)

do your duty "soldier of god" hahaha.

:wink:

sometimes i wish i cared enough to uncover all the bullshit and keep believing, but right now, i'm allergic to the stuff and steer clear, it all stinks! to "high heaven".

you have to just work it out for yourself.

and if you are not willing to, or if anyone else you know is not willing to work it out, then what they are looking for, is not a way to be themselves, or become spiritual, holy, patient, saintly, whatever, but a way to fit in and be accepted by the masses, which is often the opposite of spiritual; dominated by the flesh. dominated by fear.

just a pre-packaged "set of beliefs" they can subscribe to to "be accepted", but you know, there is a big fucking difference between being accepted, and "belonging", because, and these words don't matter, it's what's beneath them: Being accepted is superficial, belonging is the knowledge no matter what you do, you always have a place in humanity and stand within it, in integrity. no matter what you do (:

one of my favourite recent rant-lines is this

come on, appreciate the comedy (oh no, it's Z tool of Z devil!)

Cheers, Brothers! :cheers:

appreciate the comedy, a laugh a day is a way to take a load off your soul ^_^

I thought that was very poignant too, it's not so much the central message which must of us have an objection to, it is the HYPOCRISY, and the contradiction, if you are a priest, or say you stand for this, and then you act opposite to what you say you stand for, of course i want nothing to do with you, and of course, i find it difficult, reprehensible even, to submit to a power structure which is filled with such fools.

most of us are not driven away by the plain and simple message (when it is plain and simple), we are driven away by the delivery and the "followers" making fools of themselves.

so "GOD! Please, Protect me from your followers!"

It's so easy to become cynical at the moment, hah. :peep:

:flop:
Your faith will make you whole

PreviousNext