Frozen Mammoth Found Intact In Siberia.

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 12:55 am » by Iamthatiam

(RTTNews) - A young Woolly Mammoth, which appears to have been hunted and killed by humans, was recently found buried in Siberian ice near the Arctic Ocean.

"Yuka," as the discovering team has named the animal, was so well preserved by the ice that its thick strawberry-blond fur and foot pads are still intact.

The discovery came as part of a BBC/Discovery Channel-funded expedition. It is estimated Yuka was buried around 10,000 years ago and died between two and three years of age.

"This is the first relatively complete mammoth carcass - that is, a body with soft tissues preserved - to show evidence of human association," Daniel Fisher, curator and director of the University of Michigan's Museum of Paleontology, told Discovery News.

Fisher added that after being pursued by lions or some other carnivore, "Yuka then apparently fell, breaking one of the lower hind legs. At this point, humans may have moved in to control the carcass, butchering much of the animal and removing parts that they would use immediately."

:arrow: CREDIT

Upload to Disclose.tv

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 12:58 am » by Fatdogmendoza

iamthatiam wrote:(RTTNews) - A young Woolly Mammoth, which appears to have been hunted and killed by humans, was recently found buried in Siberian ice near the Arctic Ocean.

"Yuka," as the discovering team has named the animal, was so well preserved by the ice that its thick strawberry-blond fur and foot pads are still intact.

The discovery came as part of a BBC/Discovery Channel-funded expedition. It is estimated Yuka was buried around 10,000 years ago and died between two and three years of age.

"This is the first relatively complete mammoth carcass - that is, a body with soft tissues preserved - to show evidence of human association," Daniel Fisher, curator and director of the University of Michigan's Museum of Paleontology, told Discovery News.

Fisher added that after being pursued by lions or some other carnivore, "Yuka then apparently fell, breaking one of the lower hind legs. At this point, humans may have moved in to control the carcass, butchering much of the animal and removing parts that they would use immediately."

:arrow: CREDIT

Upload to Disclose.tv

I watched a really good documentary last week...BBC Horizon about the mammoth and that mammoth in particular.... If I can find it I will post it bro :flop: :flop:

EDIT: Found it bro

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:05 am » by Iamthatiam

Tnx, brother! :flop:

Saving now!

:cheers:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:09 am » by Niji666

Are they going to inflate it :alien51:

Good post :cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:19 am » by Iamthatiam

niji666 wrote:Are they going to inflate it :alien51:

Thnx, Nij :flop:

I was seeking the docu. FD found...this is why is cool posting something here, we can expand the reach of what we wanna know! :flop:

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:22 am » by Fatdogmendoza

iamthatiam wrote:

I was seeking the docu. FD found...this is why is cool posting something here, we can expand the reach of what we wanna know! :flop:

This is why it angers me when people come along and say that Dtv is a waste of time... I will admit that I have been educated and entertained and introduced to topics previously unknown to me before I came across this great community :flop: :flop: :cheers:

:hugging:

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 am » by Iamthatiam

fatdogmendoza wrote:
iamthatiam wrote:

This is why it angers me when people come along and say that Dtv is a waste of time... I will admit that I have been educated and entertained and introduced to topics previously unknown to me before I came across this great community :flop: :flop: :cheers:

They say it is a waste of time, yet, they still here....losers!

Despite of all the arguing and opposition, this place is one of my best daily choices, when I have some free time...Besides, arguing and being opposed keeps me sharpened to the real deal I must face almost at a daily basis! :twisted:

Santé, FD, my Brother :flop:

Last edited by Iamthatiam on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super Moderator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:38 am » by The57ironman

fatdogmendoza wrote:This is why it angers me when people come along and say that Dtv is a waste of time... I will admit that I have been educated and entertained and introduced to topics previously unknown to me before I came across this great community :flop: :flop: :cheers:

that's how i feel....great videos IAM and FATDOG... :flop:

.... so-called "free speech zones."..?...Image

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:00 am » by Niji666

Your right there's no shortage of entertainment and decent people round here
:cheers: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 4:40 am » by Constabul

:cheers: