fruit and veg is the secret to a good life

Master Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 9:43 pm » by Drjones

spock wrote:I'm going to attempt to come up with a good recipe for home made ice cream now that it's starting to warm up.

I want it to be healthy, so, I'll be using unsweetened Almond milk, liquid Stevia and vanilla as the base, then experiment with different fruits or coffee.

Good luck mate, you're 'on the right path'. :think: :)

Master Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 9:45 pm » by Drjones

g3n3sis wrote:Great thread, its true. Reading through journals, you find that a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals from every colour of vegetable and fruit will give you the best chance of a life of good health. Imagine what that diet looks like, its full of colour, is aesthetically pleasing and is like a party in your mouth - thats how food should be. Its supposed to enrich your life, not make you feel terrible like most processed food. The world needs a reformation of food culture and cultivation. A revolution in food means a revolution in consciousness. Its true that the food that you put in your body has a huge affect on your cognitive ability and emotional health. Dare I suggest its also the secret to long life? Makes sense doesn't it.

Brilliantly said, so true... especially.. :sunny:
''A revolution in food means a revolution in consciousness. Its true that the food that you put in your body has a huge affect on your cognitive ability and emotional health. Dare I suggest its also the secret to long life? Makes sense doesn't it.

Important to have the essential OILS aswell. I take a tablespoon of hemp oil daily, my no.1 and also high quality purified fish oil. Proteins are important, i like hemp protein and sprouted brown rice.

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 9:57 pm » by Seriouscitizen

Because of an older topic you posted, i started eating more alkalined foods, veggies and fruits .
I already ate everything organic. To switch from a dominate acid diet to a more alkaline one has givin me great energy!

I started off by changing my breakfast eating a organic banana every morning, and drinking a glass of water with a squeezed lemon and a tip tartaric acid. After that switching from milk chocolat to dark chocolat. And just eating more vegetables than meat or rice. More patatoes instead of pasta. Less or no coffee and if i do i balance it out by eating more fruits. And above all fresh juices and water.

It feels gooood!! So great thread thanks

Upload to Disclose.tv

Last edited by Seriouscitizen on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 9:59 pm » by SamueltheLion

this guy will need some

shit ache mushrooms ;)

oh and jones,

i thought you would like this

http://www.hungryforchange.tv/

"Yeah so when, when you decide to eat the right food, your body gets on board and says "i'mma show you wha' i can do too now! you been so gewd to mee!""

Upload to Disclose.tv

Your faith will make you whole

Initiate

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 12:27 am » by Neilglfc

richc wrote:
neilglfc wrote:I caught the end of a discussion the other day on tv about Asian vegetables at a fruit an veg Market. There was a certain vegetable that caught my eye and unfortunately due to the noise of my kids I missed what it was called. It was very similar to a cucumber only it's outer skin was bumpy. I just managed to catch that this was very good for diabetes. Not even sure if you ate it or made a tea with it. Anyone ?? Can you help

Still have an autoimmune illness but pine needle and Rose hip tea have kept me cold and flu free for over a year

Bitter Gourd ( Bitter Melon ) .?

RIK

cheers for that.thats the very thing right there
****** " From Smash Get Mash " ******

Initiate

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 am » by Baboogdi

drjones wrote:
baboogdi wrote:Good advice. I think we would all find that most of our health troubles are directly caused by the stuff we consume. I suggest you all do some reading about cooking oils. I've heard them referred to as 'engineered oils'. Johanna Budwig, the late cancer guru believed that these oils could not be used by the body and were the root of many serious, even fatal, diseases.

It is my understanding that ONLY coconut oil should be used for cooking. I think avocado oil is also permissable, that is if you believe in cooking your food in the first place, which i think is not necessary. I prefer to steam or boil. :)

Pressed oils are fine. I use olive, coconut oil, and butter. The chemically extracted oils are the problem. They use hexane to get the oil out. I agree with you on cooking and I imagine I'll try it before too long. We'll see.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Mar 05, 2012 7:51 pm » by Drjones

seriouscitizen wrote:Because of an older topic you posted, i started eating more alkalined foods, veggies and fruits .
I already ate everything organic. To switch from a dominate acid diet to a more alkaline one has givin me great energy!

I started off by changing my breakfast eating a organic banana every morning, and drinking a glass of water with a squeezed lemon and a tip tartaric acid. After that switching from milk chocolat to dark chocolat. And just eating more vegetables than meat or rice. More patatoes instead of pasta. Less or no coffee and if i do i balance it out by eating more fruits. And above all fresh juices and water.

It feels gooood!! So great thread thanks

Upload to Disclose.tv

Great, then GET YOURSELF A JUICER and get yourself on the juices, life transforming, consciousness elevatign stuff !! LIFE... :sunny:

People in my opinion should be avoiding stimulants, coffee etc they should be avoiding wheat and thus the gluten, i do not believe oats to be a problem, you can if you wish buy gluten free oats. People should definetely not consume ANY white refined sugar. Just eat fruits and vegetables, make smoothies, drink juices, eat some eggs for protein and some fish. Not essential but important if you are an avid 'extreme' exerciser like me. The raw foods and juice lifestyle has given me another level, so i am only naturally curious about what i can now accomplish in this one and only precious life and you should be too. If you are not like this then you have work to do. Being enthusiastic, curious and loving is NORMAL. This is the human being in it's optimal natural state. We are creatures of pure love. :pray:

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 06, 2012 12:36 am » by Nakchopoe

seriouscitizen wrote:Because of an older topic you posted, i started eating more alkalined foods, veggies and fruits.

Haha, I'm one of them too. Influenced by DTV and mostly Jonesy to start eating healthier and even eat less of stuff I've always thought not to be harmful.

Bread was one of the biggest ones. Never thought there to be any problem with bread and never felt any reactions to eating it.
Until I stopped eating it for a while and one day decided I'd eat some.
An hour after my 'bread consumption', I felt like I was heavily 'stoned' and sleepy and had a really hard time concentrating. It took me 1,5 hours to 'wake up' again.
The next day I had to try it again to make sure it wasn't caused by anything else. Ate it at another time, in other conditions, but about an hour later, I felt sleepy as hell. Like all my energy was drained towards the digestion of the bread. Then I got convinced that bread wasn't all that good as I used to think...

"You watch television to turn your brain off and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on."
- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Computer and Pixar

youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY

Master Conspirator

PostTue Mar 06, 2012 1:15 pm » by Drjones

nakchopoe wrote:
seriouscitizen wrote:Because of an older topic you posted, i started eating more alkalined foods, veggies and fruits.

Haha, I'm one of them too. Influenced by DTV and mostly Jonesy to start eating healthier and even eat less of stuff I've always thought not to be harmful.

Bread was one of the biggest ones. Never thought there to be any problem with bread and never felt any reactions to eating it.
Until I stopped eating it for a while and one day decided I'd eat some.
An hour after my 'bread consumption', I felt like I was heavily 'stoned' and sleepy and had a really hard time concentrating. It took me 1,5 hours to 'wake up' again.
The next day I had to try it again to make sure it wasn't caused by anything else. Ate it at another time, in other conditions, but about an hour later, I felt sleepy as hell. Like all my energy was drained towards the digestion of the bread. Then I got convinced that bread wasn't all that good as I used to think...

Wow, really ? Then guys you're doing YOURSELVES a favour having faith in my information and ESPECIALLY with regards to health. One of the best things any human being can do for themselves is to eliminate wheat gluten from their diet and to eliminate dairy and all refined sugars. Then in replace of this eat more fruit and alot more vegetables, especially the leafy greens. And on top of this ESSENTIAL is the cold pressed organic juices, again green is best but this stuff changes everything for you. I'm starting to clearly understand the connection wit gut health and brain health and overall vitality, when the gi tract is clear and functioning optimally, wow, you're entire body feels very light and your mind is so clear, you see beauty everywhere, even in the darkest fo places there exists beauty. The chakra system is REAL 100%, this divine flow of energy exists but in most people is blocked and disturbed. I can understand why this basic information cos that's what it is ...is largely kept from us, human beings in their optimal state would be uncontrollable, only 'god' directs. Three months on the juices will change anyone's life. :sunny:

Initiate

PostTue Mar 06, 2012 1:29 pm » by Chillitiger

I just picked up a juicer last. week. I have ordered some organic old strain vegie seeds and am in the process of creating my first aquaponics system to raise food and fish. For anyone who hasn't heard of aquaponics you can check out this link.
I think it will be the way of the future for self sustaining food source on small blocks.

http://www.backyardaquaponics.com

I have also cut down meat to one day a week (trying to give it up completely) and I am amazed at how much better my self esteem has been since I started doing this. I now lack a sense of guilt that I didn't even know I had. I feel more relaxed and clear headed.
Has anyone else experienced that when they gave up meat?
Yes i'll admit it.... I think Max Keiser is a LEGEND

PreviousNext