fruit and veg is the secret to a good life

Master Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 5:22 pm » by Drjones

Sounds simple, but how many of us actually live like this ? Apart from me and i am ALWAYS testifying to the amazing benefits of fresh fruits and vegetables and juices, preferably organic. :wink:

Smoking, drinking teens are the unhappiest of all.... and fruit and veg is the secret to a good life
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z1oA6FWpeo :rtft:
Teenagers who smoke, drink alcohol and eat junk food are significantly more likely to be unhappy than their clean- living counterparts, a study has found.

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 5:28 pm » by SamueltheLion

drjones wrote:Sounds simple, but how many of us actually live like this ? Apart from me and i am ALWAYS testifying to the amazing benefits of fresh fruits and vegetables and juices, preferably organic. :wink:

Smoking, drinking teens are the unhappiest of all.... and fruit and veg is the secret to a good life
Teenagers who smoke, drink alcohol and eat junk food are significantly more likely to be unhappy than their clean- living counterparts, a study has found.

yeah, it really is that simple, thanks for the thread.

I do eat pretty healthily, but I KNOW drinking milk & eating certain foods is bad for me,
making the switch from eating certain foods out of habit is hard though, you got any advice Doc?

I also believe we can all become intolerant to certain foods after eating/drinking too much of them, the body just says: hey, hold on a second, stop eating so much of that! and gives you visible signs via a bad reaction.
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 6:11 pm » by Bleever

drjones wrote:Sounds simple, but how many of us actually live like this ? Apart from me and i am ALWAYS testifying to the amazing benefits of fresh fruits and vegetables and juices, preferably organic. :wink:

Yes, fruit and veggies are great. I go to the Farmers market, or a place called Jon's market almost everyday. I also, go to a place called Mitsuwa, and get a lot of Japanese food. Right now I am into natto and ume...all things fermented and pickled. Mitsuwa market has the best shitake mushroom selection at the best prices. Yesterday, I boiled shitake mushrooms in a bonito broth and made a very pungent tea, it was amazing! On top of all this I am very big into fresh herbs and use them daily. Also, has anyone here got into "black garlic"? Man, I have been using this ingredient in a lot of dishes, mmmmm...good stuff...oh and you know me, i pray a lot too....
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Initiate

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 6:21 pm » by Baboogdi

Good advice. I think we would all find that most of our health troubles are directly caused by the stuff we consume. I suggest you all do some reading about cooking oils. I've heard them referred to as 'engineered oils'. Johanna Budwig, the late cancer guru believed that these oils could not be used by the body and were the root of many serious, even fatal, diseases.

Initiate

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 6:55 pm » by X-mog

Good day Jonsey.

You nailed it...

My ancient Chinese Secret...

Acquire a cheap juicer. If you know you're wealthy, acquire a whisper quiet one 'cause, god, the twenty dollar one I bought sounds like a small engine aircraft. lolz

COMBINE

4 Okanagan apples
2 Celery
2 Carrots

I did this for a few months several years ago when I wanted to feel better, and I truly believe in the power of vitamins now.

Vitamin levels in fruits and veggies will have higher concentrations in those which come to your table faster. This is one good reason to support the hundred mile diet which, as the name suggests, that you consume foods locally grown.

Super Moderator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 7:01 pm » by Spock

But to make the "Good Life" bearable, you need to throw in a little frozen yogurt too.

I have gotten on this kick now for a meal: orange juice, and I'll drop unsalted roasted peanuts in it. LOVE IT! But, it can rack up the calories.

Super Moderator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 7:03 pm » by Spock

I'm going to attempt to come up with a good recipe for home made ice cream now that it's starting to warm up.

I want it to be healthy, so, I'll be using unsweetened Almond milk, liquid Stevia and vanilla as the base, then experiment with different fruits or coffee.

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 7:05 pm » by Bleever

spock wrote:I'm going to attempt to come up with a good recipe for home made ice cream now that it's starting to warm up.

I want it to be healthy, so, I'll be using unsweetened Almond milk, liquid Stevia and vanilla as the base, then experiment with different fruits or coffee.

Sweet idea, literally...let me know how it turns out, would love to give the kids a better alternative as they are obsessed with ice cream.

Super Moderator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 7:08 pm » by Spock

Indeed - hopefully next weekend. It's 50 degrees today but that wind is sharp..

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 04, 2012 7:13 pm » by Bleever

81 and sunny here, taking the kids back to Venice beach (there is a huge cluster of giant brightly colored starfish at the breakwater, I think its mating season) after church today. Matter fact gotta get ready and get my day started. I hope you and everybody has a great HEALTHY day!!

Next