Funny thing about faith and belief...

Writer

PostTue Feb 22, 2011 1:56 pm » by Wackyal123

I love how so many people are happy to criticise religious people for believing in God, and happy to criticise people who belive what they are told by the government/scientists. And yet, a good portion of the time, these "critics" of the main theories themselves are putting faith in an idea/belief often purportrated by one or two videos that they have seen on youtube or here on disclose.tv.

I used to be guilty of such, in particular, being overly critical of people who believe in God.

I guess the point of this post is that we really don't know. None of the "whistleblower" video's are 100% solid evidence/proof of anything. In the same way that science is never 100% certain of its findings.

I come onto Disclose.tv hoping that someone has proof but the reality is, until I see it with my own eyes, I will not ever truly know. I can only surmise from reading books and watching videos as well as having seen a few weird things flying around in the skies that there are UFOs that are Alien controlled. I can't prove it, and in some respects, if I could, perhaps I'd lose interest.

I just get a bit tired of people coming on here to supposedly "disclose" but have nothing but a single video in which "a single guy" makes some claims. Supporters of John Lear fit into this category. Ok, so his dad created the learjet and he himself was a pilot but perhaps, just perhaps, he went off the deep end and too many mach3+ flights messed with his head. Who knows. I just think that as thinkers of the modern age, we shouldn't rule out anything BUT we shouldn't take one person's word for it. (Think David Wilcock... Did the world end? NO! (At least not as far as we can tell))

Does anyone agree with me or is it my imagination that people come on here with a single video and then stick up for a single individual without looking at the whole picture? Hmmm....

Initiate

PostTue Feb 22, 2011 2:11 pm » by Stratosfear

Some people may do that (single video or single guy) here, but I think there are many hear who are critical in their thinking and don't automatically believe everything posted. I think what annoys me the most is those who are convinved that their view is the absolute truth as if they have some exclusive insight into the machinations and views of some hypothetical Creator - you know the sort, those who think they are god's messenger and therefore everyone else is wrong; whether their belief is based on a two thousand year old book or some sort of personal experience.

Everything is down to personal opinion and interpretation. Perhaps the Truth can never be known (I'm not sure that it can) or perhaps there is no ultimate Truth (of the sort people are searching for) and there are no gods, spirits, demons, afterlife or anything like that and people search for a meaning because the alternative scares them. Who knows?

The other problem I have is with the state of technology these days I'm not entirely sure that I would believe any disclosure unless a spaceship or somesuch landed right in front of me.
Image "In the wardrobe of my soul ... in the section labelled 'Shirts'"

Initiate

PostTue Feb 22, 2011 2:34 pm » by Charashc

The problem is that we who belive in one God are funny, stupid and brainwashed, and those are comments made by people who believe in Annunaki, Quetzlcoatl, Nibiru, or "we evolved from monkeys" fairy tale.

That's the problem.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 22, 2011 2:35 pm » by Charashc

charashc wrote:The problem is that we who belive in one God are funny, stupid and brainwashed, and those are comments made by people who believe in Annunaki, Quetzlcoatl, Nibiru, or "we evolved from monkeys" fairy tale.

That's the problem.

It is actually a paradox.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 22, 2011 2:39 pm » by Stratosfear

charashc wrote:
charashc wrote:The problem is that we who belive in one God are funny, stupid and brainwashed, and those are comments made by people who believe in Annunaki, Quetzlcoatl, Nibiru, or "we evolved from monkeys" fairy tale.

That's the problem.

It is actually a paradox.

Human nature. We all have our own fairy tales we believe in.
Image "In the wardrobe of my soul ... in the section labelled 'Shirts'"

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 22, 2011 4:11 pm » by Santaownsyou

If all else fails, all you true believers could worship this guy.
Just don't forget to send your tithe to me for pointing out the true god to you.
If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and quacks like a duck it is probably just a tool of the conspiracy.