Future prophesies...

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 pm

PostTue May 19, 2009 4:13 pm » by Bettyboolean


dmtshaman wrote:The great Robert Anton Wilson wrote a very good book years ago titled Prometheus Rising in which he details his vision of the prophesied approaching transformation of man. It was a very positive message and I always love his work.
The preface to the book, though, was written by Israel Regardie, a man for whom I also have high regard (pun intended).
The basic message of the preface was that Regardie agreed with Wilson's premise, but he envisioned a much more painful transition than Wilson had imagined. His own feeling was that the phoenix (mankind) will indeed rise, but that it will arise literally from the ashes of the previous world.
Somehow that image has stuck with me.

heres a pdf of the book http://www.325collective.com/prometheus-rising.pdf
ImageImage

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:44 pm

PostTue May 19, 2009 4:25 pm » by Tobygrey


concrete wrote:
tobygrey wrote:
the past doesnt exist onley the present !


Actually. It does. The minute you remember something, that brings it into the present. Granted. It is your present, not mine.
My past is different than yours, but it still exists.
My future however is unknown, so is yours. No one can see what hasn't been. They can guess, thay can make lots of guesses. Then in some time from now. Some one can look into the past and say, 'LOOK HE/SHE GUESSED 10000 TIMES!!! THEY GOT ONE RIGHT!!!! THEY COULD SEE THE FUTURE!!!!'.



Anyone can see the future if they use a logical progresion. Not if they guess.

Anyway. If the past didn't exist, how do you exist?


ok im not saying your wrong but im just brainstorming here.

The past is the past it doesnt exist annymore, if you remember something its onley in your head not in real time so to speak, its hard to explain but if you say the past exists becouse whe are here is just wrong in my opinion, and if your right and the past does exist that will mean that timetravel is a real possibility.
And if thats the case the future has to exist otherwise we would seize to exist.

omg i hope you understand what im saying here becouse i cant type it down the way i have it in my head.

(i hope i dont sound stupid here) :nails:

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostTue May 19, 2009 5:26 pm » by Cornbread714


bettyboolean wrote:
dmtshaman wrote:The great Robert Anton Wilson wrote a very good book years ago titled Prometheus Rising in which he details his vision of the prophesied approaching transformation of man. It was a very positive message and I always love his work.
The preface to the book, though, was written by Israel Regardie, a man for whom I also have high regard (pun intended).
The basic message of the preface was that Regardie agreed with Wilson's premise, but he envisioned a much more painful transition than Wilson had imagined. His own feeling was that the phoenix (mankind) will indeed rise, but that it will arise literally from the ashes of the previous world.
Somehow that image has stuck with me.

heres a pdf of the book http://www.325collective.com/prometheus-rising.pdf


Betty, thanks for posting the link.
BTW, you quoted my quote as being DMTShaman's, but I'm sure that was accidental.

The weird thing is, even though Regardie, in essence, says what I remember, the passage that I thought I remembered isn't there, where he mentions a mixture becoming more agitated before it goes into solution, which was his analogy for the birth of the new era.
Strange that I remembered it so clearly and it's not there? (it was 20-something years ago when I read it...)

Oh well, I hope some of you read this book, even though it's a bit dated.
Even the skeptical mind should find it of interest. I'd love to hear people's thoughts.

*EDIT*
I've just re-read the first few pages and, man, now I remember how it grabbed me then just like it does now.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:53 pm

PostTue May 19, 2009 6:18 pm » by Bettyboolean


cornbread714 wrote:[etty, thanks for posting the link.
BTW, you quoted my quote as being DMTShaman's, but I'm sure that was accidental.

The weird thing is, even though Regardie, in essence, says what I remember, the passage that I thought I remembered isn't there, where he mentions a mixture becoming more agitated before it goes into solution, which was his analogy for the birth of the new era.
Strange that I remembered it so clearly and it's not there? (it was 20-something years ago when I read it...)

Oh well, I hope some of you read this book, even though it's a bit dated.
Even the skeptical mind should find it of interest. I'd love to hear people's thoughts.

*EDIT*
I've just re-read the first few pages and, man, now I remember how it grabbed me then just like it does now.


np :sunny: sorry about confusion over the quote thing :) . Im staring to read this again myself, fan of wilsons writings, particualrly the illuminatus trilogy . People interested in this may enjoy the comic book Promethea by alan moore as it draws heaviliy on wilsons ideas and deals with themes of apocalypse etc. Interesting your comment about the tricks memory plays on us and how it relates to the discussion of past presnt future going on in this thread - How real is the past we think we know so well?
ImageImage

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostTue May 19, 2009 6:22 pm » by Cornbread714


bettyboolean wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:[etty, thanks for posting the link.
BTW, you quoted my quote as being DMTShaman's, but I'm sure that was accidental.

The weird thing is, even though Regardie, in essence, says what I remember, the passage that I thought I remembered isn't there, where he mentions a mixture becoming more agitated before it goes into solution, which was his analogy for the birth of the new era.
Strange that I remembered it so clearly and it's not there? (it was 20-something years ago when I read it...)

Oh well, I hope some of you read this book, even though it's a bit dated.
Even the skeptical mind should find it of interest. I'd love to hear people's thoughts.

*EDIT*
I've just re-read the first few pages and, man, now I remember how it grabbed me then just like it does now.


np :sunny: sorry about confusion over the quote thing :) . Im staring to read this again myself, fan of wilsons writings, particualrly the illuminatus trilogy . People interested in this may enjoy the comic book Promethea by alan moore as it draws heaviliy on wilsons ideas and deals with themes of apocalypse etc. Interesting your comment about the tricks memory plays on us and how it relates to the discussion of past presnt future going on in this thread - How real is the past we think we know so well?


My wacky view is that the past is fluid like the future.
Our concepts of the past are changing all the time.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Writer
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 am

PostWed May 20, 2009 12:59 am » by Megavirus


clawspiracy wrote:When I was 18 I had a dream which I considered profound enough to write down...

I am stuck in traffic, and there are cars at a dead stop. On both sides of the road is a vast plain, grassy. Everyone is getting out of their cars and walking towards something. Dozens of planes and helicopters are flying overhead. I get out of my car and leave the door open.

At the end of the road a massive craft is hovering several miles above the road. It is massive, and completely bathed in light. As people from all walks of life are headed down the road, the bottom of the ship opens up, and slowly something comes down, also huge. The object is slowly lowered to the ground, and people are gasping... Although we've never seen the real thing, we all know what it is...

It's Noah's Arc.

Someone next to me says, "It's the end of the world...."

Then I woke up and wrote it down.


Wow I like your dream mostly because it makes sense to me, could it be that the Noah's ark is a meaning of people not believing Noah when he was building the ark till time came when heavy rain came and flooded all the people who did not believe him.

I had some future prophetic dreams and some visionary ones.
One dream was me running in a field that lead me to the edge of the forest where I bent down on my kneeze and cry'd out badly there was thoughts going threw my mind that all the true christians have vanished including my parents I felt lonely and unsure for my next step in life I started praying and recieved a holy spirit that gave me courage and faith to move on, I felt that I had a important task that I must accomplish walking away from where I was still crying heavly and right after that I wake up feeling wierd like having quick mood change from bieng extremely sad to feeling alright.
Right after that I go to sleep agian and I awake still in my dream with an angel by my side standing there pulling out a scroll and begans reading my future to come with a very gentle relaxing voice pleasant to the ears I look over to see what shes reading and it was wierd I knew what the writing meant but I couldn't read it, each letter could be a sentence or even a paragraph its not like any writing I ever seen, it was organized by things that will possibly aquire in my life that are good and if not done right will be inresult bad right underneath the good sentence.
After I woke up I realized I was in the same position and the right side when I was dreaming just there was no angel there anymore.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1154
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:16 am

PostWed May 20, 2009 8:37 am » by Clawspiracy


megavirus, that was a cool dream you had. I have always felt that certain dreams are not the product of our imagination or just brain play... But the collective consciousness of our race, both living and departed, in communication with other plains of existence.

Space is not clearly understood yet. There is more out there than we can reason in here.
It's a Clawspiracy...
Image

Initiate
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 3:20 pm

PostTue Sep 08, 2009 4:40 am » by Aireswing


I have had this dream a few times.. a very short dream.. but felt very very real..

There was fire all around.. where i was standing..
as i was looking around.. I seen a person down on there hands and knees, their back was turned to me and they had a sword in there hand..
As i stood there I watched this person.. down on their hands and knees..exausted and dirty..
When i called out to them.. they turned their face to me.. And I could not believe what I saw....

The person down on the ground with the sword in their hand was....ME!!
I was watching MYSELF..

talk about creepy.. I have had that dream a few times..


Previous

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook