Ga. Lawmaker Proposes Doing Away With Driver's Licenses

Initiate

PostTue Feb 01, 2011 6:34 am » by Relevant1

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/26675368/detail.html

this is such a great idea. and IMO to keep the drunks off the road, just have a breathalyzer installed in the car. Unemployment would go down since folks would have transportation to and from work.

thoughts?
"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and we meet at the bar!" - George Carlin

Initiate

PostTue Feb 01, 2011 6:40 am » by Samael

I always thought the driving test should be harder, too many morons on the road.
It should also come with a mechanical part of the test.
A car is a large and dangerous tool, and if one does not fully understand how to operate it, it can and often ends up deadly.
A Poison of, or A Remedy for
The end never justify the means.
eliakim wrote:In the top right hand corner where my Spirit unicorn used to appear

eliakim wrote: Abba spoke and he said he would cut off the penis of Islam.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 01, 2011 6:57 am » by Relevant1

samael wrote:I always thought the driving test should be harder, too many morons on the road.
A car is a large and dangerous tool, and if one does not fully understand how to operate it, it can and often ends up deadly.

I know the dangers first hand. There will always be stupid people on the road, but taking away someone's right to travel is ridiculous. if anything, a whole semester (maybe longer) of learning how to drive should be taught as a regular course. Definitely way too many teenagers and drunks on the rd. technology is a huge distraction too.
"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and we meet at the bar!" - George Carlin

Initiate

PostTue Feb 01, 2011 7:00 am » by Samael

Right to travel? No one said that, you got legs, walk. Cars are a luxury. Case closed there.
A Poison of, or A Remedy for
The end never justify the means.
eliakim wrote:In the top right hand corner where my Spirit unicorn used to appear

eliakim wrote: Abba spoke and he said he would cut off the penis of Islam.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 01, 2011 7:08 am » by Relevant1

samael wrote:Right to travel? No one said that, you got legs, walk. Cars are a luxury. Case closed there.

so people can't try to earn a living? some people don't live in walking distance, since we can chose to live where we want. a car is not a luxury, it's a mode of transportation. if cars were a luxury, only the elite or upper class would own them and they would be restricted to such. but any meth head with 2k (for a reliable one) in their pocket can buy one.

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 02, 2011 12:04 am » by Illuminated

This georgia guy rocks :clapper:

samael wrote:Right to travel? No one said that, you got legs, walk. Cars are a luxury. Case closed there.

facepalm gif.

there are supreme court rulings stating that cars are not inherently dangerous
and that you do have a right to travel freely & unicumbered while pursuing happiness
originally it was only commercial vehicles that were taxed & regulated because they were conducting commerce!
while regular people were just 'traveling' to & from

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-4o0lAmwY
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 02, 2011 12:06 am » by Epicfailure

I think you both should keep debating because you both raise excellent points!

Initiate

PostWed Feb 02, 2011 12:12 am » by Theyrecomming

samael wrote:I always thought the driving test should be harder, too many morons on the road.

Agreed!
Just last week a dumb mother fucker didnt look while he was turning on a 40mph road. Pulls right Infront of me with no time to react.Totaled my 30,000$ car, did nothing to his. :censored: :bang;
Hate half the people driving.
:)