Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Discussion Thread

Super Moderator

PostMon Apr 02, 2012 6:41 am » by Troll2rocks

SO IT BEGINS...

And it is magnificent, this show is about to go from amazing to classic. Forget LOST, this is what people will be talking about in 20 years (if there are still people, looking at you China).

So I thought I would create a thread to give your impressions and insights into this amazing show.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Watch the show, read the books, or listen to the audio books (read by Roy Dutrice) but whatever you do, do not miss out.

The production values and general talent involved with the making of this show (including the original writer creator George RR Martin) is staggering. This show could be released theatrically it is that kind of good. Everything from the ground up for series two is bigger better and has a significantly increased budget. Which is good news for everyone because the story goes from big to epic within the space of this series, and book three, which will be split into series three and four of Game of Thrones is absolutely staggeringly huge.

GAME OF THRONES

Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Writer

PostMon Apr 02, 2012 6:57 am » by Gignac

the new episode was good, the guy who played craster was cool, the onion knight looks like he will be played well. Cant wait to see harrenhall, joffs wedding, and battle of the blackwater. this will be a good season.

Super Moderator

PostMon Apr 02, 2012 7:04 am » by Troll2rocks

gignac wrote:the new episode was good, the guy who played craster was cool, the onion knight looks like he will be played well. Cant wait to see harrenhall, joffs wedding, and battle of the blackwater. this will be a good season.

Yeah I thought he was well cast, I was shocked at how they introduced Stanis, I expected him to be the opening scene as in the book. There are quite a few deviations from the book but all in service to the story so far, and so far so good. :cheers:

Blackwater will rock, judging from the quick glimpses in the promos.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 02, 2012 7:31 am » by Mediasorcerer

yeh, well how the bloody hell do i get to watch part bloody b then? the first 12 episodes were chit hot drama. :flop: chit hot. last episode i saw was dragon lady coming outta fire or somtin.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Writer

PostMon Apr 02, 2012 4:38 pm » by Gignac

well i guess george RR martin works closely with the producers of the show. the books are so long, you obviously have to edit some stuff. they changed asha greyjoys story and name a little bit. I guess this season will be book 2 and seasons 3-4 will be clash of kings. hopefully pushes him to write the books faster. the red wedding will be cool to see when the show gets to that point

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 02, 2012 4:41 pm » by Tuor10

troll2rocks wrote:Image

SO IT BEGINS...

And it is magnificent, this show is about to go from amazing to classic. Forget LOST, this is what people will be talking about in 20 years (if there are still people, looking at you China).

So I thought I would create a thread to give your impressions and insights into this amazing show.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Watch the show, read the books, or listen to the audio books (read by Roy Dutrice) but whatever you do, do not miss out.

The production values and general talent involved with the making of this show (including the original writer creator George RR Martin) is staggering. This show could be released theatrically it is that kind of good. Everything from the ground up for series two is bigger better and has a significantly increased budget. Which is good news for everyone because the story goes from big to epic within the space of this series, and book three, which will be split into series three and four of Game of Thrones is absolutely staggeringly huge.

GAME OF THRONES

I will post tonight after I have seen it.

If it is anything like the first series, it should be great. :flop:

Initiate

PostMon Apr 02, 2012 8:02 pm » by Bandanko

Where did the comet come from?

Why on earth was that not mentioned in the first season?

surely someone would have seen that approaching and thought to mention it??

Apart from that I give it a HUGE :flop:

Peter Dinklage - FTW!

Writer

PostMon Apr 02, 2012 10:43 pm » by Gignac

i think they mentioned the comet briefly in the last season. I think they overdid it a little with so many shots. its in the books, it means dany and her dragons are coming!

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 02, 2012 10:55 pm » by Nakchopoe

When I watched season 1, it was out completely.
It took me 2 days to watch the whole season. Just because I started late on the first day.

Now season 2 has finally started. Watched the first episode. Now I have to wait a complete GOD DAMN WEEK to watch the next!!

I HATE WAITING ON THINGS LIKE THESE!!

:P

But to see it from my positive glasses: Hurray, season 2 has started!
:dancing: :dancing:

"You watch television to turn your brain off and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on."
- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Computer and Pixar

youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY

Super Moderator

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 9:38 am » by Troll2rocks

What an amazing episode again, the show just gets better, Stanis is one lucky bastard with the ladies, know what I mean guys :flop:

Next