Gaming Talk

Initiate

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 5:33 am » by Glenn

I thought it would be interesting to have a thread to talk about all aspects of gaming. :mrcool:

I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer, but I love it when I find the right one. :obsessed:

This thread is for everyone to give their opinions on the games they've loved, the platform they prefer and the upcoming technology breakthroughs that will make gaming ever better. :flop:

I have to let you know that my comp is a five year old piece of crap, with only 512 MB of RAM and a graphics card not even worth mentioning. Image

So you can imagine there's quite a few pc games I haven't been able to try, but I have tried a few and RTS games are a favourite for the pc, so I really loved C&C Generals and Zero Hour, before I played them a few years ago I hadn't touched a pc in years. :)

I was happily surprised by the graphics and gameplay, but what surprised me the most was the AI, in the original C&C and Red Alert the AI was pathetic, and the only way you could play a good multiplayer was setting up a network with your mates pc at home, and this was before online gaming was a serious endeavour. :D

The AI in Generals and Zero Hour was amazing, I got the shit kicked out of me for a while before I could get a handle on it, and it still gives me a run for my money. :o

I've been using a mod for Zero Hour called Contra 007, it's by far the best I've came across and it's pretty well balanced, some of the weapons are really cool like the orbital microwave satilite that's literally a scream. :lol:

Another game I loved was Kill Zone on Playstation 2, the graphics were fantastic and the gameplay was just amazing, I also loved the the Call Of Duty games as well, by far the best war FPS I've played. :flop:

Sadly I haven't yet got round to getting a Playstation 3 yet, but I will, because I'm dying to play Kill Zone 2 and Modern Warfare. :D

otoel wrote:The books "Swirly Twirly Swastika and Beyond" by Raphael and the book "Words from Old Soul" will never see the light of day...

Initiate

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 6:02 am » by Glenn

@ zaff4444

I've never heard of that game before, it looks really interesting, but I'll have make sure my comp can run it. :flop: :lol:

otoel wrote:The books "Swirly Twirly Swastika and Beyond" by Raphael and the book "Words from Old Soul" will never see the light of day...

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 6:40 am » by Gary19702

here's a free to play mmorpg that I've been on for the last 4 years

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 7:11 am » by Glenn

@ gary19702

That looks epic, I've never played fantasy role plaing games before, but I can't play third person games, I just can't get used to that way of seeing things. :flop: :)

Super Moderator

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 3:58 pm » by TheDuck

gary19702 wrote:here's a free to play mmorpg that I've been on for the last 4 years

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

So do I get to kill other online players and is it hard? Rappelz that is?

Looks alright :D
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 4:32 pm » by Lilith

I love gloomy adventures.

Here are my favorites:

Dark Fall: Lost Souls

Evil Twin

Broken Sword

Broken Sword II

Broken Sword III

Black Mirror

Black Mirror II

Worms 2 :mrgreen:

Tetris :love: :alien51:

Knights& Merchants

Tomb Raider (I prefer the older Games, but I love them all, especially Tomb Raider III)

and this is stuff I will check out in the future:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 4:39 pm » by whitedeath

Heavy rain is good but ... well I will not spoil it for you.
I'd reccomend renting instead of buying it though.

PS3 & PC gamer here, I will try just about any game but only a few have ever blown me away.

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 4:48 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

The very best game I played is Battlefield 2..I played that as a psycho...multiplayer is awesome..

Not one game is the same as that one...I dont like much the Call of duty games, even the last one, its ust about shooting shooting and shooting...In bf2 you can play as commander, wich makes a strategic-tactical game of it..

my account is screwd up for some reason blocked the game, I cant play aymore..maybe its better..

I only play games like command and conquer, age of empires 2 (very old bt still the best for me..lol)...
Im searching for a nice strategic game, bit fedup with the nukes in command and conqueror..

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 4:53 pm » by Lilith

zegtelzegtel wrote:The very best game I played is Battlefield 2..I played that as a psycho...multiplayer is awesome..

Not one game is the same as that one...I dont like much the Call of duty games, even the last one, its ust about shooting shooting and shooting...In bf2 you can play as commander, wich makes a strategic-tactical game of it..

my account is screwd up for some reason blocked the game, I cant play aymore..maybe its better..

I only play games like command and conquer, age of empires 2 (very old bt still the best for me..lol)...
Im searching for a nice strategic game, bit fedup with the nukes in command and conqueror..

I checked out command&conquer - red alert once..didn't impress me that much though

this looks like fun to me

Upload to Disclose.tv

Writer

PostFri Aug 27, 2010 4:58 pm » by Flames

zegtelzegtel wrote:The very best game I played is Battlefield 2..I played that as a psycho...multiplayer is awesome..

Try "Empire: Total War"
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/empiretotalwar/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B4

Next