Gene Splicing at it's best. Behold a Poka-doted rose

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 7:43 pm » by Savwafair2012

[img]http://blog.interflora.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Creme-GM-polka.jpg[img]

http://blog.interflora.co.uk/wp-content ... -polka.jpg
Behold, the world's first polka-dot rose. The experiment has succeeded after 10 years of patient, painstaking research by the scientists at Interflora's plant cultivation facility.
The flower cultivation team was headed by Professor Winston Davies - a renowned authority on micro-propagation and plant biochemistry.
Over the years, Interflora had been contacted by a significant number of clients asking about the possibility of being able to buy flowers with "artificial" patterns.
These clients wanted to be able to send flowers apropos to those intrigued by a particular design.
Interflora had listened to the requests and had been diligently working (in total secrecy) to fulfill this consumer desire.
The polka dot rose – which is sure to cause a stir in the fields of botany and plant cultivation – was developed amid tight security at Interflora's Lincolnshire plant cultivation facility.
Now, they are ready to show the results to the world.

Read more: http://virtualblog.splinder.com/post/22 ... z0mK7cahFa
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Initiate

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 8:01 pm » by Electriccity

yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

Master Conspirator

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 8:03 pm » by Drjones

Insanity. :hmmm:

Initiate

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 8:11 pm » by Mahsooyee

Right, pretty soon each petal will be a different color...damn fools just cannot leave nature alone!

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 pm » by Mochon

amazing..whats next?purple bamboos??

i wonder if they gave the same ammount of time to other kind of research like dna cures like on the cancer post from yesterday...how much could they accomplish.... :headscratch:

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 8:39 pm » by TheDuck

I must be honest and I've gotta say I like it, were not eating it so it doesn't matter to me. (please don't hurt me)

One of my dream jobs would be working on something like that (not gonna happen though)

I love genetics especially when its about ganja, cross-breeding plants and what not, some things in nature are ok to mess with when done responsibly imo, if not then it wouldn't be possible, possible faulty logic there but hey...

Beutiful imho...

right now must eat tea. Organic gmo free frozen veg tasty lol :D
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 8:44 pm » by Dank1

theduck wrote:I must be honest and I've gotta say I like it, were not eating it so it doesn't matter to me. (please don't hurt me)

One of my dream jobs would be working on something like that (not gonna happen though)

I love genetics especially when its about ganja, cross-breeding plants and what not, some things in nature are ok to mess with when done responsibly imo, if not then it wouldn't be possible, possible faulty logic there but hey...

Beutiful imho...

right now must eat tea. Organic frozen veg tasty lol :D

duck im not gay but i love you man just this sentance does it for me .
love genetics especially when its about ganja, cross-breeding plants
and they are pretty flowers but they give me mixed emotions.
i don't speak dumbfu@k and i don't understand it either!

jetxvii

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 8:49 pm » by jetxvii

can't find anything else about it, are you sure this isn't a fake or a photoshop?

after all this can easily be done on photoshop, and also i can't find any article on a genetically altered rose only the blog from a backwoods site..

any other information would be nice.

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 9:26 pm » by TheDuck

dank1 wrote:
theduck wrote:I must be honest and I've gotta say I like it, were not eating it so it doesn't matter to me. (please don't hurt me)

Beutiful imho...

right now must eat tea. Organic frozen veg tasty lol :D

duck im not gay but i love you man just this sentance does it for me .
love genetics especially when its about ganja, cross-breeding plants
and they are pretty flowers but they give me mixed emotions.

I guess I love you aswell then Ganja brethwin :hugging:

Friggin' BEUTIFUL! I wonder how many more different varietys we could produce if it was legalised worldwide.
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 28, 2010 1:17 am » by Dank1

the first one looks like rock bud
#10 looks like the black or grape ape
#2 looks like chemdog/ ogkush is the new name
#9 looks like california orange bud
the last one i dont know but the style of growing is called deep water culture
i don't speak dumbfu@k and i don't understand it either!

Next