Generation me students have less empathy than 20 years ago

Conspirator

PostSun May 30, 2010 2:29 pm » by Proto

mep630 wrote: You see a lot of this on this forum, people dont care for facts as much as they do for ego masturbation.

yep , and you are the finest example for this , the most ironic thing was when you quoted yourself in your sig saying "If only you were seeking knowledge as much as you look to masturbate your ego." HAHAH omg, talk about ego masturbating :lol:
sweet irony at it's best .

Conspirator

PostSun May 30, 2010 2:51 pm » by Kingz

did one of you guys ever heard of ANHEDONIA... sounds like some ancient greek goddes.. but it's not >

It's when young people have an disengaged look upon their faces, like they are staring into nothing, and don't really comprehend or feel they world around them, sort of like what is going on today with youth.. It has to do with dopamine and the reward system... It happens all around us if you pay attention to it, or just look at yourself... Im honest and can tell you I have it sometimes as well... we as westerns are all way to spoiled...

:rtft: :rtft: :rtft:

In psychology and psychiatry, anhedonia (< Greek ἀν- an-, "without" + ἡδονή hēdonē, "pleasure") is an inability to experience pleasurable emotions from normally pleasurable life events such as eating, exercise, social interaction or sexual activities.

Anhedonia is recognized as one of the key symptoms of the mood disorder depression according to both the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fourth Edition (DSM IV) and the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD). Other than anhedonia, the DSM considers only depressed mood to be a key symptom. The ICD lists both depressed mood and fatigue or loss of energy as the other key symptoms. Anhedonia is also seen in schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, schizoid personality disorder and other mental disorders.

Causes

Researchers theorize that anhedonia may result from the breakdown in the brain's reward system, involving dopamine pathways. Two 2005 studies by Paul Keedwell MD of King's College found that certain sections of the brain in depressed subjects had to work harder to process happy thoughts.[1][2]

Anhedonia is often experienced by drug addicts following withdrawal; in particular, stimulants like cocaine and amphetamines cause anhedonia and depression by depleting dopamine and other important neurotransmitters. Very long-term addicts are sometimes said to suffer a permanent physical breakdown of their pleasure pathways, leading to anhedonia on a permanent or semi-permanent basis due to the extended overworking of the neural pleasure pathways during active addiction, particularly as regards to cocaine and methamphetamine. In this circumstance, activities still may be pleasurable, but can never be as pleasurable to people who have experienced the comparatively extreme pleasure of the drug experience. The result is apathy towards healthy routines by the addict.

Anhedonia may also be an effect of prolonged fatigue.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia

I heard it sometime ago in one of the thousands of documentary's i saw... I wrote it down though, and now I had to think about it when reading this topic!
The Map Is Not The Territory, The Word Is Not The Object....

Super Moderator

PostSun May 30, 2010 2:51 pm » by Spock

mep630 wrote:This was all done on purpose, and is the product of social engineering from the elite.

The article really didn't surprise me at all, we've watched it happen. I honestly think it started with MTV, then violent video games, and the online social aspect of it. The ingredients that make a generation of narcissist. Girls are just as bad as guys too. But everything changed with MTV and video games.

Conspirator

PostSun May 30, 2010 2:55 pm » by Harbin

Sit-ins ? When is the last time sit-is were normal ? 40 years ago maybe.
Is this article from 1989 ?

Conspirator

PostSun May 30, 2010 2:56 pm » by Kingz

the reply I posted, the wiki article is especially talking about certain drugs and / or medicine....

But like you guys already said.. Computergames, TV, all the Entertainment, and loads of Nonmeaningless Information due to Commercials and stuff is also causing this..

We are literally riding a roalercoast of Emotions every single day.., that is how they can get to us.. Spice up the max a little bit everytime.

:nwo:
The Map Is Not The Territory, The Word Is Not The Object....

Initiate

PostSun May 30, 2010 3:14 pm » by Buffendoff

I´m with Kingz on this.

Drugz are for medizine, not abuse.
Love for opposite sex is natural, and not harmful if pure.

I wonder if love for the other sex is the highest love.
1 love is the best part of us Humans, we can do it.

We are also able to love many if needed, but 1 love is our best part.

Conspirator

PostSun May 30, 2010 3:35 pm » by Mozi!!a

control the money controls the family's

then you can shape and do whatever you like

and the way you see it fits :flop:

Writer

PostSun May 30, 2010 4:01 pm » by Ilef6f

I've always considered baby boomers to be the me generation. They are obviously the the most selfish, whiny, wanna-be, hypocritical bitches of all time. Hell, they practically gave birth to materialism. I would almost bet they're the kind of people that would oppose a war, then turn around and profit from it.?

Conspirator

PostSun May 30, 2010 5:06 pm » by sockpuppet

spock wrote:
Girls are just as bad as guys too.

Nay... girls are worse!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Conspirator

PostSun May 30, 2010 5:07 pm » by sockpuppet

buffendoff wrote:
I wonder if love for the other sex is the highest love.

Agape is the highest love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

PreviousNext