Generation me students have less empathy than 20 years ago

Conspirator

PostMon May 31, 2010 3:25 am » by Torofamily

"College students today may be so busy worrying about themselves and their own issues that they don't have time to spend empathizing with others, or at least perceive such time to be limited,"

the leaders of tomorrow :( :( :(
sad

good post old man :flop:

keep em coming :cheers:
ImageWE ARE THE GLOBAL POLITICAL AWAKENING ! Image

Conspirator

PostMon May 31, 2010 4:30 am » by Harbin

torofamily wrote:"College students today may be so busy worrying about themselves and their own issues that they don't have time to spend empathizing with others, or at least perceive such time to be limited,"

the leaders of tomorrow :( :( :(
sad

good post old man :flop:

keep em coming :cheers:

The the supposedly, [not me's], of the '60's, that now run the country are somehow better ?

What ?

Conspirator

PostMon May 31, 2010 4:59 am » by sockpuppet

How much of this "non-empathy" is due to "they just don't give a shit because they don't care about anyone but themselves" (what is inferred in the article) versus a psychological retreat because of all of the emotional blocking they are forced to do because our societies have taken away every outlet the youth have for expressing their anger, excitement, joy, and worries?

I mean seriously, this was soooo engineered. How are these kids supposed to "have emotions" when they are expected to be perfect, passive, quiet, and sit still their whole lives? There is no wonder. Kids nowadays live in prisons created first by over-protective parents who won't let them outside, then schools are the prisons which regulate even their body functions and tell them when it's ok to use the toilet and even BAN THEM FROM ANY PHYSICAL CONTACT*, and finally society threatens to pump them full of pharmaceutical drugs if they don't pretend that everything's ok with themselves. These kids are cutting off their emotions IN ORDER TO PROTECT THEMSELVES. It's a survival mechanism!!!!

*http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/17/AR2007061701179.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Conspirator

PostMon May 31, 2010 5:07 am » by Drextin

Pop music. The single most destructive mind numbing tool used. It evokes no deeper thoughts than "can I shake my ass to it". It has invaded all genres of music from country to metal. Kids today don't want to hear an anti-war song.

Is the government involved? I dunno. Its effective enough to keep dissent down that if it isn't a plan of theirs I'm sure they wished it had been.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostMon May 31, 2010 5:12 am » by sockpuppet

drextin wrote:Pop music. The single most destructive mind numbing tool used. It evokes no deeper thoughts than "can I shake my ass to it". It has invaded all genres of music from country to metal. Kids today don't want to hear an anti-war song.

I can agree with music being used as a tool.. But instead of anti-war songs, there are anti-NWO songs.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

[youtube]uvs38s84S3w&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Conspirator

PostMon May 31, 2010 5:16 am » by Drextin

eh................I'm not a believer in the nwo.

Conspirator

PostMon May 31, 2010 5:17 am » by sockpuppet

How many people know that this song was BANNED in Ann Arbor Michigan the fall of 2007 because the University of Michigan was afraid of a student uprising?

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostMon May 31, 2010 5:36 am » by Spock

drextin wrote:eh................I'm not a believer in the nwo.

Hell froze over and nobody woke me up!

There is a definite push towards a NWO. A global market. But the international police state, internment camps; not convinced yet.

Russian troops on our soil? I understand from my daughter that is the truth, she is active duty reserve, not interested in DTV or the internet in general, so little conspiracy going on in her mind. of course the rest of us can explode the possibilities, which I enjoy doing. There's no scenario like a good old worse case scenario.

Only one week Drex? WTF?

Conspirator

PostMon May 31, 2010 5:43 am » by Drextin

I like the russian troops. They got good vodka and ak-47s.

I figured I'd give it a week spock.............that's about the usual time it takes me to wear out a welcome.

Super Moderator

PostMon May 31, 2010 5:54 am » by Spock

drextin wrote:that's about the usual time it takes me to wear out a welcome.

HAHAHA - so you admit you're not as good as David Mabus?

Great to see you in the trenches!

PreviousNext