Geoengineers are free to legally hack the climate

Initiate

PostSat Nov 02, 2013 1:08 am » by Giovanni

THE idea of artificially cooling the climate may have come in from the cold, but the laws governing trials of the technology are still all at sea. Many people think such trials are illegal, but this is not the case, according to an analysis of environmental treaties.

The latest report from the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change includes geoengineering – a sure sign that the idea has become respectable. But research and field trials are needed before we know whether influencing the climate like this is a viable option for cooling Earth.

This is easier said than done. In 2010, the UN Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) forbade any form of geoengineering that could affect biodiversity – which is effectively all of them. And any geoengineering that involves adding chemicals to the ocean, to increase the carbon sequestered, for example, is prohibited by the London Convention and Protocol (LCP). However, some small-scale trials have gone ahead.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... neers.html
Customers Are Like Whores

Writer

PostSat Nov 02, 2013 3:56 pm » by Santor

Hi,

Personally, to answer the question: Should we give green light to geoengineering? It's a definite NO. And should stay No until we change the old guard pulling the strings behind the scene.

We do not need more evidence to be convinced that we can not trust the leaders of the world (bankers, old European families, corporations, governments) for global action like geoengineering, or changing the climate and environment by adding foreign nano chemicals and metals.

We know they are always hiding the real reasons why they act.

Personally, I think they are preparing Earth atmosphere for a new specie to thrive. Not to fight a hoax they built and know to be false. But its only my point of view. I really think they will fail anyway.