'Get off Facebook and get a life'?

Initiate

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 1:39 am » by Lombozo

boondox681 wrote:
Truthfully, the very same thing can be said of this site. On failbook you converse with people you know or are related to, on DTV you converse with complete strangers.

If many of you think someone is a loser for posting on FB, do you really think you're a winner posting on this fucker? 80-90% of the posts on DTV amount to nothing more than fear mongering, yeah I guess that makes you a winner! :clapper:

wattup..

and :hiho:

Over 6,100 posts??? Geez, get out much? And thank you for the welcome :pray:
Warning: I post solely for my own amusement.

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 4:20 am » by Thebluecanary

I think it has its uses (facebook). I use it to network for my business and to keep up with people who I might not want to give my home number or email to but who might want to contact me about art stuff. It's good for promoting events. It lets me keep up with people all over who I wouldn't otherwise know about, like good friends who now live in California and Canada and Finland.

But yes it does seem to suck souls too. I don't understand people who spend hours playing those mindless bullshit games. And I think it has made people not know how to act on a certain level, like suddenly it's appropriate to tell people you're getting married or having a baby via facebook. Or it's appropriate to have emotional family discussions through facebook messages. I have a love hate relationship with it to be honest.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 5:15 am » by Roadkill

thebluecanary wrote:I think it has its uses (facebook). I use it to network for my business and to keep up with people who I might not want to give my home number or email to but who might want to contact me about art stuff. It's good for promoting events. It lets me keep up with people all over who I wouldn't otherwise know about, like good friends who now live in California and Canada and Finland.

But yes it does seem to suck souls too. I don't understand people who spend hours playing those mindless bullshit games. And I think it has made people not know how to act on a certain level, like suddenly it's appropriate to tell people you're getting married or having a baby via facebook. Or it's appropriate to have emotional family discussions through facebook messages. I have a love hate relationship with it to be honest.

You are very close minded for an artist. You must be old.
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 5:17 am » by Thebluecanary

roadkill wrote:
thebluecanary wrote:I think it has its uses (facebook). I use it to network for my business and to keep up with people who I might not want to give my home number or email to but who might want to contact me about art stuff. It's good for promoting events. It lets me keep up with people all over who I wouldn't otherwise know about, like good friends who now live in California and Canada and Finland.

You are very close minded for an artist. You must be old.

You seem stalkery for some stranger on a message board. You must need medication.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Initiate

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 5:32 am » by Iamcare

An in animate object CAN NOT make anyone do anything, only the decisions that we make limit us in our progress, and activities. If things arnt happening as we would like to see them, then we need to set out goals accordingly.
Seems more likely to me, that our culture looks for something to blame other then the real source, Ourselves

AfuckingMen
Word is born,
Fight the War, Fuck the norm....

Upload to Disclose.tv

Dedication ---------------- Tenacity --------------------------- Volition
ImageImageImage

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 07, 2011 5:35 am » by Noetic

patent pending lol

Previous