Ghost and Ghost Hunting Documentaries

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 22, 2012 1:44 am » by Spock

By any chance are you in the south east USA CIA212? If so would you mind joining the DTV group SEGHA under the community section?

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 22, 2012 1:48 am » by Cia212

No, but my proxy is! In my brother's basement.

Unfortunately, I don't have time for hunting these days.

EDIT:Also, my views on the causes of hauntings has changed significantly.
Last edited by Cia212 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 22, 2012 1:53 am » by Spock

Did you ever catch any EVPs? Or anomalous signatures on FLIR?

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 22, 2012 2:09 am » by Cia212

spock wrote:Did you ever catch any EVPs? Or anomalous signatures on FLIR?

Nothing on EVPs that actually sounded like a disembodied voice to me. Also, this was being used in and around the Los Angeles area so there was usually plenty of background noise.

I got 2 or 3 FLIR hits but the resolution of retail FLIR systems isn't enough to really determine what it could be. It isn't worth the cost in my opinion.

I did meet a priest (a Jesuit) who told stories of exorcisms where crazy things happened...most of it on camera. He's not, unfortunately, able to share the footage.

Super Moderator

PostSun Aug 12, 2012 2:02 pm » by Spock

Cia212 wrote:

Nothing on EVPs that actually sounded like a disembodied voice to me. Also, this was being used in and around the Los Angeles area so there was usually plenty of background noise.

I got 2 or 3 FLIR hits but the resolution of retail FLIR systems isn't enough to really determine what it could be. It isn't worth the cost in my opinion.

I did meet a priest (a Jesuit) who told stories of exorcisms where crazy things happened...most of it on camera. He's not, unfortunately, able to share the footage.

I'm just now seeing this reply from last April CIA. My bad. I think I am understanding your change in position on the subject now. I tend to stay on the fence on this. Rationally, I tell myself there is so much mystery to reality, that many explanations are possible, that the entire "ghost" phenomenon can't be wrapped into a tidy box, but are reflections of many circumstances that are similar in manifestation.

On the other hand, it does seem that everything in the supernatural realm, from UFOs, to ghosts, to enlightened messengers do one thing consistently and that is to lie and fuck with people - and seem to feed on fear.

Your thoughts?

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 12, 2012 2:59 pm » by Cia212

Spock wrote:
Cia212 wrote:

On the other hand, it does seem that everything in the supernatural realm, from UFOs, to ghosts, to enlightened messengers do one thing consistently and that is to lie and fuck with people - and seem to feed on fear.

Your thoughts?

This is key. My particular story is involved and any details could be pieced together online to find the names of the people involved...due to several promises, I can't give those details. But I will say that a friend of my best friend's life was destroyed (and his wife and kids) by following the messages of a being his son channeled. The lies where obvious, but the thrill of it all was his attraction. The thought that something "important" was happening, that he and his family had been chosen. And when I say his life was destroyed, I don't mean that he was made to suffer for bringing a great message to the world. Instead, he and his family, who where once very friendly, became listless - almost dazed. And as much as it sounds like a cliché, they seemed inhuman, like there was no recognition in their faces anymore.

That's about as far as I can go, except to say that I too was taken in by that thrill - and I've learned to avoid it.

Super Moderator

PostSun Aug 12, 2012 3:09 pm » by Spock

You hear about this happening so often. One of the participants becomes the catalyst for the destruction of the family, often times psychological help is sought to no avail. Relationships and shattered minds left in the wake.

So you agree there is something to it, frighteningly so, that seems to ultimately enforce it's will on the very one's trying to put the pieces together. It's manipulative in that like being lured by a dangling carrot into a trap.

When I think along these lines, it always brings me back to the verse in the Bible...

Ephesians 6:12 wrote:For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 2:05 pm » by Spock

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 2:05 pm » by Spock

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 2:13 pm » by Spock

Previous