Ghost' caught on camera in haunted pub

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 3:16 pm » by Phoenix rising

As always posted for consideration...

Staff at one of Britain's oldest pubs believe that they may have captured something paranormal on CCTV.

The footage was taken at the Ye Olde Man and Scythe pub in Bolton and appears to show an eerie figure flicker in to view momentarily behind the bar. The apparition was spotted by Manager Tony Dooley when he went to investigate why the cameras had mysteriously stopped functioning at 6:18am.

"I came down and saw a glass smashed on the floor so I was instantly suspicious and went to check the CCTV and found it has stopped working," he said. "We checked the footage and it revealed this figure."

Some believe that the ghost of James Stanley, a royalist who spent the last few hours of his life in the pub before being beheaded in 1651, still resides within the building.

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/ne ... aunted-pub
“If you cannot find a good companion to walk with, walk alone, like an elephant roaming the jungle. It is better to be alone than to be with those who will hinder your progress.”
~BUDDHA (DHAMMAPADA)~

Super Moderator

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 3:34 pm » by Slith

I saw this a little earlier. Kinda creepy. :nails:

The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 3:55 pm » by Phoenix rising

Seems there's no such thing as last orders :lol:
“If you cannot find a good companion to walk with, walk alone, like an elephant roaming the jungle. It is better to be alone than to be with those who will hinder your progress.”
~BUDDHA (DHAMMAPADA)~

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 4:15 pm » by *WillEase*

:think: The jury is still out on this one. Cool find... :cheers:

Perhaps one of our British readers would call the pub owner on the phone to verify.

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 5:14 pm » by Phoenix rising

Cheers Will, I doubt they would deny it, think of the added publicity but yeah a call would do no harm :flop:
~BUDDHA (DHAMMAPADA)~

Master Conspirator

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 6:23 pm » by Boondox681

dude,seriously..
that freaked the shit outta me!
i'm not watching it again.okay..i am.
but only 23 more times :mrgreen:
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 6:24 pm » by UF0L0GY

This pub is just down the road from me, I've drunk and been drunk in it many times. I've heard stories of people seeing ghosts and feeling presences in it quite a few times although I've never experienced anything myself. I seem to remember a friend of mine saying they saw something a few years back and wouldn't go in there again.

Usually, I come out of the old man unable to talk properly due to the amazingly strong cider they sell.

It's actually a decent boozer, not bad for Bolton anyway.

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 6:33 pm » by Toxic32

It's his wife slipping down for a quick gin and tonic. Times are hard for pubs anything to boost attendance. Good luck to them.
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 6:59 pm » by Thruster

*WillEase* wrote::think: The jury is still out on this one. Cool find... :cheers:

Perhaps one of our British readers would call the pub owner on the phone to verify.

'The jury is still out on this one' .... I see what you did there .. I like it!

:alien51:

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 7:04 pm » by Kinninigan

:think:

If thats is a glass front on the bar could just be a reflection from outside of someone seeing if the bar is open

would explain why its "flickering"...maybe car lights shining on the person

or its could be a
:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

:peep:
http://www.disclose.tv/media/list/user/Kinninigan
http://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Next