Ghost Hunters TV Show - Stands Alone

Writer

PostWed May 07, 2008 7:42 am » by sleepingladybug

:ghost: I think that the 'Ghost Hunters' TV show is probably the best TV show in my opinion. The reason I say this is because they actually go out and try to gather real evidence. They try to DEBUNK first rather than go on personal expieriences. No one can PROVE a haunting based on someone's personal expirience. Sure a personal expirience is great, a ghost story is cool, but does it prove anything? No it doesn't.

It really bothers me to see television shows such as 'Most Haunted' getting air time. Because shows like this are only meant to tell stories and scare the public audience with their "ouija board tactics" and "ghost taps" or "fake psychics" which are obviously set up by the producers which you can tell by the consistancy for which it happens in EVERY SINGLE SHOW. These kinds of shows never bring in real equiptment to prove anything nor do they see any real evidence. Whereas 'Ghost Hunters' bring in real equiptment to prove the exsistance of true hauntings, first debunking, and secondly documenting the exsistence of paranormal activity with professional equiptment. Does this mean that in shows such as 'Most Haunted' that the locations are not haunted? Absolutely not. It means that I believe wholeheartidly that they are elaborating the situation for television purposes. However I believe that 'Ghost Hunters' are there for the sole purpose of gathering PROOF of the afterlife and not for pulling strings for entertainment or for scaring people on television. It's amazing what kind of evidence they have found and if you have not seen it with your own two eyes I suggest that you begin tuning your DVR's in to 'Ghost Hunters' as soon as you can. This season has some fascinateing footage. :ghost:

Nothing is predictable, that is what I love about 'Ghost Hunters' and that is what should be expected from this show. That is what makes this above all the rest and makes this stand above all the rest. :ghost: :P :P

sleepingladybug
"The truth it out there!"

Initiate

PostFri May 09, 2008 10:52 pm » by Theshee

Its the same shit, just a different channel. They are all in it for the money and will dramatise it as much as possible to bring in the viewers. Many things have been caught on camera on most haunted and on the mic. just like on Ghost hunters.. like I said, same shit - different channel ;)

Writer

PostThu May 15, 2008 10:18 pm » by Belarion

First, every time I pick a topic to comment on the shee is there, sorry she i am not stalking you lol as for ghost hunters recently I saw the promo on tv, and it looked interesting, I watched and it was the same old crap like most haunted etc where nothing conclusive is arrived at people scaring themselves, and convincing themselves certain phenomena is proof when nothing could be further from it. try again folks!

PostFri May 16, 2008 1:15 pm » by Infidelme

I, for one, do not believe in ghosts and think shows like these help to fuel people's imaginations; even mine when I watch.

:robot:

All Hail The Invisible Pink Unicorn

Initiate

PostFri May 16, 2008 3:34 pm » by Theshee

Are you sure about that belarion :scary: ;) lol

Writer

PostSun Jun 08, 2008 6:47 pm » by Rachel444

[color=#8000FF]I for one, love Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International, and am watching Living with the Dead, and Paranormal State. Most Haunted missed out on a lot of evidence. For example, I played back one episode when David Wells was calling out for a woman in Wales, and Kieran O' Keefe's emf meter went off. I clearly heard an evp. Lucky for me, I had been watching this episode on what was 'Stage 6'. I fortunately recorded the voice with my digital voice recorder. However, on that particular episode, at no point was it mentioned.

I tried to contact Antix to let them know about it, but I heard nothing from them.

However, I did catch something behind Jason at Leap Castle Image You can clearly see somebody behind him. It was the best I could do, as I only spotted it as a flash behind Jason, assuming it was an orb. After several minutes, I was able to freeze the frame, so that I could take a photo of it.

However, I don't think Ghost Hunters have the time to really go over their evidence properly, or they would have seen it. Too be honest, I would not have probably seen it, if the flash behind Jason didn't capture my attention. That is taken in the room where one of their team was assaulted and Jason, Grant and the cameraman were the only three in that room. You can see the position of the cameraman is in front of Jason. The question is, who is behind Jason, and if they were a living being, Jason, Grant, and the cameraman would have heard and seen the person. Most people can tell when somebody is behind them., so I think this is a spirit, and what caught my attention was the orb,w hich when the image was frozen, it revealed more.

Image Here is the original photo, and it you can't see anything at all, but when it is enlarged, you see the image behind Jason./color]

Writer

PostSun Jul 27, 2008 9:48 pm » by DR. KNOW

My take on Ghost shows and many other shows is that they produce a whole show with very little overhead production costs, every episode the same, 2 guys with paranormal "equipment" a vid cam and a location and BAM, you have a show that some people will watch and suprisingly believe. Then with a little bump in the night, a flash or a weird shadow, provided by a hidden technition in the backround and theres your "ghost" Dead children's voices on a tape or a "reflection" of a spirit? I dont buy that for a second, its all just acting and pretend, hyped up facts and dialouge and sensationalist exploitation of the unknown. Dr. Know
DR. KNOW

Initiate

PostFri Aug 29, 2008 6:08 am » by Lowmank

I liked ghost hunters. They're professional, they have day jobs and well, it's a good show. That one on the Travel channel not so much. I don't really know what it's like these days but the early show were great. :flop:

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 04, 2008 8:26 am » by Vulcanic

sleepingladybug wrote::ghost: I think that the 'Ghost Hunters' TV show is probably the best TV show in my opinion. The reason I say this is because they actually go out and try to gather real evidence. They try to DEBUNK first rather than go on personal expieriences. No one can PROVE a haunting based on someone's personal expirience. Sure a personal expirience is great, a ghost story is cool, but does it prove anything? No it doesn't.

It really bothers me to see television shows such as 'Most Haunted' getting air time. Because shows like this are only meant to tell stories and scare the public audience with their "ouija board tactics" and "ghost taps" or "fake psychics" which are obviously set up by the producers which you can tell by the consistancy for which it happens in EVERY SINGLE SHOW. These kinds of shows never bring in real equiptment to prove anything nor do they see any real evidence. Whereas 'Ghost Hunters' bring in real equiptment to prove the exsistance of true hauntings, first debunking, and secondly documenting the exsistence of paranormal activity with professional equiptment. Does this mean that in shows such as 'Most Haunted' that the locations are not haunted? Absolutely not. It means that I believe wholeheartidly that they are elaborating the situation for television purposes. However I believe that 'Ghost Hunters' are there for the sole purpose of gathering PROOF of the afterlife and not for pulling strings for entertainment or for scaring people on television. It's amazing what kind of evidence they have found and if you have not seen it with your own two eyes I suggest that you begin tuning your DVR's in to 'Ghost Hunters' as soon as you can. This season has some fascinateing footage. :ghost:

Nothing is predictable, that is what I love about 'Ghost Hunters' and that is what should be expected from this show. That is what makes this above all the rest and makes this stand above all the rest. :ghost: :P :P

sleepingladybug

i agree :flop:

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Writer

PostThu Sep 04, 2008 2:03 pm » by Mystery207

sleepingladybug wrote::ghost: I think that the 'Ghost Hunters' TV show is probably the best TV show in my opinion. The reason I say this is because they actually go out and try to gather real evidence. They try to DEBUNK first rather than go on personal expieriences. No one can PROVE a haunting based on someone's personal expirience. Sure a personal expirience is great, a ghost story is cool, but does it prove anything? No it doesn't.

sleepingladybug

All tv is government propaganda. Thanks for falling for it. We have some spare free tickets to Disney world want them? Oh! I'm sorry where are my manners. Here have some diet soda first. :geek: Let me test out the governments mk ultra program on you {whispers} Operation Greenstar. {chough}

Next