Gigantic Dead Meat Balloon

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 4:08 am » by Dagnamski

The blue whale is not only the largest animal on Earth right now, but could very well be the largest animal ever. When these massive animals die, they don’t always sink. Sometimes they wash up on shore and it goes without saying that getting rid of the carcass is no small task.

When a whale dies and begins to decompose, any food left in the gut begins to rot and bacteria inside the animal proliferate. The bacteria produce heat and gasses which build up and cause the animal to swell up like a gigantic dead meat balloon. Eventually, the pressure becomes too great and the animal can actually explode. Areas that are prone to having dead whales wash ashore have people specifically tasked with puncturing the whale, so the gas/blood/entrails all come flying out in a controlled manner. We actually posted a video of this last fall, which you can check out here.

Upload to Disclose.tv

However, sometimes whales wash up in areas where the locals aren’t in a good position to properly dispose of the animal, which is what residents in a small town in Newfoundland are currently facing.

When disposing of a whale, there are basically two main options, and neither of them are cheap. First, the whale can be brought back out to sea and dropped down for the scavengers, as long as it isn’t released close enough to possibly wash back up to the beach. This would require a ship large enough to haul such an animal and it also depends on the location, as a large ship will have trouble maneuvering in tight spaces. The other option is to bury the whale, but it takes an extremely large machine to dig a sufficient hole. Again, depending on the location, the machinery might not be able to get into a good position.

Trout River is a small town that is home to about 600 residents and one large, uninvited guest: a 25 meter (81 foot) long whale carcass. It is assumed that the animal got caught on the ice and died a few weeks ago, but has just recently come ashore. Images of the whale have recently been released, which has already swollen considerably and is putting Trout River in a difficult position as they seek a solution before the animal explodes.

Emily Butler, the Town Manager, has noted that the inflated whale is already beginning to smell and also noted that they don’t have the resources to properly deal with the situation. Federal officials claim it is the town’s responsibility to deal with it and just let it decompose naturally, but the local government disagrees as it poses a health risk to beachgoers and could potentially explode, scattering the insides.

Whatever happens, let’s hope that this situation is handled better than the whale that washed up in Florence, Oregon in 1970, when officials decided that a large amount of dynamite would blast the whale back into the water and vaporize any remaining bits. Instead, it blasted decaying whale entrails over a 240 m (800 foot) radius.

Read more at http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-an ... OsM9Iow.99
“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

>>>>>Image

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 7:23 am » by 99socks

Lol, a couple of years ago a whale got washed up, and the people decided to take it back to a lab to do an autopsy on it. They loaded it on a flat-bed....

and the thing blew up IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET. :ohno:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 11:03 am » by mediasorcery

therewas one near me a few years ago, it had huge shark bites outta it on the tidal side, it smelt good too\

big creature.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Super Moderator

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 9:29 pm » by The57ironman

99socks wrote:Lol, a couple of years ago a whale got washed up, and the people decided to take it back to a lab to do an autopsy on it. They loaded it on a flat-bed....

and the thing blew up IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET. :ohno:

....remember.............the bible was one of the first.......
"media"........Image

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 10:35 pm » by 99socks

I was avoiding having to post the picture... :lol:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Initiate

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 11:36 pm » by kentr b

Initiate

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 11:42 pm » by DmoniX_The_Destroyer

boom shakalaka boom, boom shakalaka boom, alright now! boom shakalaka boom!
Oh I know I'm goin to Hell, I'm just working on how deep.

Conspirator

PostFri May 02, 2014 3:57 am » by Dagnamski

Blue whale carcass in Trout River appears a little less bloated today than it did on Sunday.

:nails: :scary:
“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

>>>>>Image

Conspirator

PostFri May 02, 2014 9:43 am » by *WillEase*

Published on May 1, 2014

It turns out the bloated blue whale probably won't explode after all, and its remains will go toward scientific research.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri May 02, 2014 10:12 am » by Toxic32

This is what happens when you use explosives to get rid of a whale.

Upload to Disclose.tv

I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Next