Global Future 2045 | Ray Kurzweil: Immortality by 2045

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 03, 2013 11:04 pm » by Constabul

Upload to Disclose.tv

Global Future 2045 | Ray Kurzweil, singularitarian immortalist, Director of Engineering at Google, inventor, author of How to Create a Mind . Speakers link here. > http://gf2045.com/speakers/

A world-class prolific inventor and leading futurist author, “the restless genius” (Wall Street Journal) points to 2045 for the technological singularity when AI will surpass human intelligence in his New York Times best seller The Singularity Is Near, Amazon’s #1 book in science and philosophy.

In this video Ray Kurzweil discusses his predictions about radical life extension, singularity, life expansion and the imminence of physical immortality. He invites participants to the second international Global Future 2045 congress > http://www.gf2045.com/

“If we have radical life extension only, we would get profoundly bored, we’d have profound existential ennui, running out of things to do, and new ideas, but that’s not what’s going to happen. In addition to radical life extension, we’re going to have radical life expansion, we’re going to have millions of virtual environments to explore, we’re going to literally expand our brains.”

“We’ll be routinely able to change our bodies very quickly, as well as our environments in virtual reality, but it will feel very real. We’ll ultimately be able to do that with real reality too, like self-organizing swarms of nanobots that can link themselves up into a virtual body.” says Ray Kurzweil.

For more information about the GF2045 congress, please visit> http://www.gf2045.com/

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.kurzweilai.net/global-future ... ty-by-2045

Initiate

PostSun Nov 03, 2013 11:18 pm » by TorJohnson

All this tranhumanism shit is doomed to fail simply because consciousness is an ethereal external energy, not located in the spongy organ in our heads. Unless DARPA or whoever has managed to connect with whatever consciousness actual is, people like Mr. Kurzweil will die and rot away like everyone else.

I mean, FFS tranhumanism is no different than the first Emperor of China trying to achieve immortality by swallowing mercury balls. Shit's ludicrous.
The Lost Book of Enki as narrated and commentated by Josh Reeves:
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-lost-book-of-enki-annunaki-and-the-origins-of-man-t94767.html

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 04, 2013 12:01 am » by Constabul

TorJohnson wrote:All this tranhumanism shit is doomed to fail simply because consciousness is an ethereal external energy, not located in the spongy organ in our heads. Unless DARPA or whoever has managed to connect with whatever consciousness actual is, people like Mr. Kurzweil will die and rot away like everyone else.

I mean, FFS tranhumanism is no different than the first Emperor of China trying to achieve immortality by swallowing mercury balls. Shit's ludicrous.

That's cool thanks for the opinion, my opinion of your thoughts are as followed.
You kinda contradict yourself in your first paragraph, claiming an impossibility. To then label a 'Unless' factor. If that is the precept, or if other innovations could lead to this sort of outcome, this renders impossible in the possible realm, and makes the statement moot.

You again in you first paragraph claim transhumanism is doomed to fail (and this ties into your final comment as well) this is quite to the contrary. Transhumanism has had many successes and continues to in the medical fields in the ways of implants of various sorts artificial limbs and organs, nano tech, and biologically compatible electronics.
I think you have a vary limited knowledge base on this to liken it to swallowing mercury by the first emperor of china.
No insult meant, just an observation based from what I know of in the way of innovative tech that falls into this realm.
We are becoming transhumanist, the general difference is the purposeful replacement with tech to the required replacement due to medical needs.

I could link numerous examples of this, that started maybe as simple as a Hook for a missing hand, to a almost completely articulate artificial hand. Bionic eyes, pacemakers, to implanted chips that allow control of electronics such as computers by thought, the list goes on.

Now if you want to hit on metaphysical aspects of consciousness, I think it was the point of the video and discussions of the above linked conference that there has been a exponential expansion of computing power and design, and that by 2045 we will in essence have this available in a virtual means leading to eventual biological replacements in real world scenarios ( likely not for everyone no doubt) I find this debatable, but with luck will live to see if it indeed happens.

Tho transhumanism is a fact, vary successful, and beyond the purposes of medical requirements a philosophical hot topic moving into the future.

Initiate

PostMon Nov 04, 2013 12:45 am » by TorJohnson

I was really only talking about the final stage of transhumanism, the idea in which the human mind gets downloaded onto a hard drive. I don't think that can ever actually be achieved because modern science is looking in the wrong direction for consciousness (inside the head rather than outside wherever it might be).
The Lost Book of Enki as narrated and commentated by Josh Reeves:
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-lost-book-of-enki-annunaki-and-the-origins-of-man-t94767.html

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 04, 2013 1:03 am » by Constabul

TorJohnson wrote:I was really only talking about the final stage of transhumanism, the idea in which the human mind gets downloaded onto a hard drive. I don't think that can ever actually be achieved because modern science is looking in the wrong direction for consciousness (inside the head rather than outside wherever it might be).

:cheers:
Yeah, I personally can not say where it is, at this point let alone in 2045. I get where you are going, and as i eluded to i am dubious. That is apart of the philosophical debate, if we could build something that could 1 hold that amount of info, but 2 expand as well in a 'natural' way. Would that pattern be you, or just a copy of info. Is a difficult question to answer till we are at that door way and stepping through.

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 1:25 pm » by Lokio

consciousness is an ethereal external energy, not located in the spongy organ in our heads

Sorry, but that notion is just wrong. We know that consciousness arises from the brain because of what happens to people with brain damage. We know what various brain regions actually do.

This wikipedia page on thought identification discusses a brain-scanning computer that predicts which one of ten different images you are thinking of with 100% accuracy. How would you explain that?

Anyway, let's imagine that consciousness does depend on an "external energy". How could that stop us transitioning to a new substrate? It would likely make the whole process easier.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 2:12 pm » by Rich316

Lokio wrote:
consciousness is an ethereal external energy, not located in the spongy organ in our heads

Sorry, but that notion is just wrong. We know that consciousness arises from the brain because of what happens to people with brain damage. We know what various brain regions actually do.

This wikipedia page on thought identification discusses a brain-scanning computer that predicts which one of ten different images you are thinking of with 100% accuracy. How would you explain that?

Anyway, let's imagine that consciousness does depend on an "external energy". How could that stop us transitioning to a new substrate? It would likely make the whole process easier.

The brain is just the organ which allows consciousness to conduct itself thru. It's like the toaster without electricity, it's a toaster that does nothing, when the spark - consciousness - is there, it works as it's meant to. Without that spark, the brain and body cease to function..

However that spark can and does exist in higher realms where there are no need for bodies.. I see the body and brain as a chore, a karmic punishment of sorts.

So is consciousness and awareness your soul? I think so.

Now as for living much much longer.. well, we need to sort out the pollution and how we generate energy and how we grow food. And if we cannot do this, we need to get used to living in an outer orbit in a space station hotel or whatever it may be.. We certainly dont have the tech right now to reach other habitable planets.

PostWed Nov 06, 2013 5:04 am » by Lokio

So the brain is a diving rod that connects with the soul which is in another realm where it doesn't need a body, but somehow became linked to bodies here on Earth as a form of punishment.

I give up.

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 am » by Rich316

Lokio wrote:So the brain is a diving rod that connects with the soul which is in another realm where it doesn't need a body, but somehow became linked to bodies here on Earth as a form of punishment.

I give up.

lol! No. The brain is the vehicle which allows consciousness to conduct itself thru whilst WE are in bodies for the duration of our 3d lives.

If you become enlightened enough, you will not have to live thru the karma of having a body in your next lives and can go onto a higher realm where a body is simply not needed in order to 'live' and experience awareness. Where life or existence is pure bliss - no body - no worries.