Gnosticism: Truth & Deception

Initiate
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:35 am

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 10:46 pm » by SolStone


In some of my writings I have criticized Gnosticism, while in others I seemingly support esoteric information from known gnostic writers. No this is not a gap in my world-view, but as it leads some to confusion it deserves a communicative explanation.

Gnosticism, in its true form, is as beautiful and illuminating as any other esoteric tradition, focusing on one angle of existence and panning out (through internal expansion, transmutation, etc.) to deliver understanding of the Whole. Really and truly, every esoteric tradition (in pure form) accomplishes the same although by focusing on angles which communicatively reaches another group of thinkers (with as many variations on that tradition as people thinking on said tradition).

What we have today, like the BIBLE, is a perverted form of Gnosticism. Remember what Thomas said in the Message of Thomas? After Yeshua brought Thomas aside and spoke to him in private, several disciples, jealous and curious, approached Thomas afterwards. "What did he say to you?" they inquired.

Thomas' reply was simple: "I dare not repeat what he said to me, lest you stone me for blasphemy." He feared repeating what was said, because his own friends would kill him for doing so. It is for this reason, Gnosticism (to know) has been perverted throughout the ages, and has resulted in what we primarily see today: the modern new age movement.

I could write a book on the discrepancies present between the two, of the documents destroyed and hidden which reveal the hermetical nature of reality; but I will not waste my time doing the work when every one of you is personally capable. Besides, when someone hands you something, it is near worthless; but when you earn it, it is near priceless.

So I will get to the point: the main difference separating Gnosticism and the New Age Movement (posing as modern Gnosticism) is SERVICE & SELFISHNESS.

Ancient Gnosticism, true Gnosticism, teaches Power = capacity & willingness to SERVE. One knows they are not the Source, but observers, created and upheld by the Source, placed in a specific Time in material existence, to express themselves truly and fully against the backdrop of the Time/Space they currently exist.

Modern Gnosticism, the New Age Movement, teaches God=You, and the only reason you are not God in your full potential, is because you simply chose to limit yourself to experience life as you do at present. That all are God, just ignorant of the fact. This my friends is the perversion of which I am pointing and leads one's subconscious mind to manifest the conscious behaviors that follow concept that was placed in their Mind.

Whether or not gnostics will admit it, they are channeling power constantly - the mindset of both does not allow for different. Whether you are channeling the Source via love, understanding, empathy, compassion, depends on the mental capacity and willingness to SERVE; not service to a government, not service to another human being, a flag - none of this nonsense. In understanding that we are all observers upheld by the Source and guided by our electro-magnetic ecosystem (all things from Man to the Universe is an ecosystem), affecting all other observers and their electro-magnetic ecosystems, we are led into a mentality of understanding. Understanding what? That by serving others we are creating space for expansion within ourselves, and thus serving our highest desires.

New Age Gnosticism in comparison, teaches we are all parts of God, and that we are equal to God, and leads to a mentality of non-service (or selfishness), which contracts and limits one's potential. How does it limit one's potential? Because at the core, they are ignoring precession & succession, and therefore confusing the Law of Time (Procession & Succession, bound to material existence) and the Law of Acceptance (Law of Oneness, Interconnectedness, etc.), unbound by material existence. In the fancy that they are God and all they have to do is acknowledge that, what they are doing is ignoring the truth of their place in Space/Time (for the purpose of experience) in favor of a fancy that ignores all laws governing the material existence in which we find ourselves. Put simply, it holds no grounds in what anyone sees around them. Why is this? Because it is a perversion of true Gnosticism, and at the foundation level - absolutely opposing.

This New Age Gnosticism is the Satanic (or Luciferian) movement so popular these days (as well it should be: Satan = the negative qualities associated with Saturn and is quite present astrologically. It is greed, selfishness, and material wealth. Coincidence that Lucifer is the one who challenged the position of his Creator, in the stories we are told? That the serpent, poor misunderstood Lucifer, was trying to enlighten Adam and Eve with the knowledge of Good & Evil. That's why they were ashamed afterwards?

True Gnosticism would tell you their shame came the moment they distinguished themselves from God. Once they learned how to JUDGE, how to declare one thing better or worse than another, they then saw themselves not connected to the Whole Ecosystem, but standing alone in opposition to it. This is why Lucifer has carried a bad reputation all these years, not because he just wanted to help Adam and Eve, but because he wanted to disconnect them from the Source - separate them from Reality.

Literary or figuratively, don't bother yourself with things you can't prove and can't benefit from. Who cares. The message being communicated is what matters, and is the only purpose of language, symbols, etc.

True Gnosticism = Giving from oneself leads to receiving from others; creating space within oneself, allows for one's cup to be filled.

New Age Gnosticism = Sacrifice and denial (sacrifice of others, denial of oneself) leads to the understanding you are the Source and create your own destiny.

I could on and on but my Time is more valuable than what I would receive from such rambling. What is of import in this message is there is great deception luring genuine-hearted individuals away from Oneness and into Denial of Oneself, and is using the cover of the polar-opposite. Don't they say Lucifer (Light-Bringer, bringing you light from outside yourself) disguises himself as an Angel of Light? Didn't he do the same to Adam/Eve? Bring them knowledge they did not already possess simply being in the presence of the Source?

Enter the temple (inside oneself), humble oneself before the Source, bask the stillness of the Source, and as comic energy fills your entire being, humbly understand one's micro position in the Great Ecosystem, one's macro identity in relation to the Source, and empty one's cup (give) that the universe may fill (reception)your cup to overflowing.

May
Love (internal understanding)
&
Luck (destiny, material resources)
be with us All in abundance.

Initiate
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:39 am

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 12:28 am » by 1ofus


Although I haven't studied Gnosticism enough to have any definite thoughts one way or another what I here you saying is a lot like what I've been saying for quite some time now.

I've read your post through twice and need to read it again to be sure but there is very little I find disagreeable.

I would amplify one very important point, being connected to the source does not make one the source. I think this is the biggest deception of the day.

We as thinking and learning machines have no limits to what we can grow to become. To become god or as the source would stop that growth and your journey would end. You will have arrived and that strikes me as a contradiction to what we are. Imo, we never arrive, we just keep growing.

Excellent post, thank you for sharing! :cheers:

Initiate
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:39 am

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 1:06 am » by 1ofus


One quick point; lucifer would ascend above the realm of god. This is one very good example of god and the source being two different entities and goes very well with my point that god is an obstacle in the path, he would have you stop your ascent and worship him, to do otherwise or to ascend above him makes him no god at all.

I do agree that lucifer would take the throne or in other words, disconnect you from the source and end your ascent. Imo, God and Satan sit at one table and conspire mischief to block our path. Together they are the gods spoken of in the tower of babel story.

:peep:

Initiate
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:35 am

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 1:26 am » by SolStone


1ofus wrote: I would amplify one very important point, being connected to the source does not make one the source. I think this is the biggest deception of the day.


You hit the beating heart of the post my friend. Thank you very much.

1ofus wrote:I do agree that lucifer would take the throne or in other words, disconnect you from the source and end your ascent. Imo, God and Satan sit at one table and conspire mischief to block our path. Together they are the gods spoken of in the tower of babel story.


We are in agreement. I don't remember which Prophet spoke these words (I'd like to say Ezekiel), but paraphrased: "And the Lord said, Behold, I gazed within the Temple of the Lord, and within I saw the priests, scribes, and scholars, all facing the East. The Throne of God, facing the North, sat vacant, and no eye was upon it."

What passes for 'God' in modern religions is the graven, unmoving, image. Movement is manifestation of life within the universal laws governing material (lowest vibration of the Fabric) worlds. It is, as the prophet alluded to, Solar worship, with all faces worshipping the rising Sun. The Throne of God, facing the North (think Aries, head of zodiac) symbolizes the pineal gland, and is the only direction with which one can look to connect to the Source. 'Look,' as in within the temple (oneself), look to the north (your pineal gland).

In this fashion, God is not present in the worship of modern "God-fearing individuals" (no matter which religion they submit their thoughts, emotions, and behaviors to - favoring one form of worship over another). The Source is no where to be found in these dead, unmoving, unchanging, graven images.

To move a step further, I would say God (the modern image of god) is the proton, Satan is the electron, and the Source is that which upholds the entire Eco-System. If we look at a line, then God is on the 'positive' end, Satan on the 'negative' end - both are active things, seeking balance (implying both are unbalanced). If we look at a sphere, one is the top half of the arc, the other the bottom half of the arc.

The Source is no where to be found because the Source can only be known in stillness. I would state, at this point in my understanding, that this is the reason religion can be taught (intellectual concepts or constructs), whereas enlightenment (expansion, understanding) can only be experienced.

Initiate
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:06 pm

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 2:43 am » by Sevens


Ever read the Urantia Book fully?

If you havent you should give it a good go.
Last edited by Sevens on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Initiate
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:39 am

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 2:47 am » by 1ofus


I have found something I disagree with. In reference to direction on the zodiac. I, through my inner journey have found Aries to be in the South. The North spoken of here is found in Pisces.

I have the north on the water signs or Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces. East is the air signs or Gemini, Libra and Aquarius. West is the earth signs of Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. South is the fire signs of Aries, Leo and Sagittarius. I have nothing but my experience and a lot of connecting dots to back this up.

The priests are looking toward the east because their god or savior, the prince of the air will come from the east, from Aquarius and Pisces sits vacant because the ascent has been stopped there. Priests are only necessary when there is an unknowable god which only they can interact with on our behalf.

I love the atom analogy and agree, but would add that god being the proton within the nucleus is understood within and the electrons focus being on the external world.

I don't know much about the pineal gland. Take my comments for what they are worth. have a good day!

Initiate
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:35 am

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:58 am » by SolStone


1ofus wrote:I have the north on the water signs or Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces. East is the air signs or Gemini, Libra and Aquarius. West is the earth signs of Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. South is the fire signs of Aries, Leo and Sagittarius. I have nothing but my experience and a lot of connecting dots to back this up.


From my understanding, you are 100% accurate in your elemental/directional associations within the zodiac. Where we disagree is the meaning of the prophet's words concerning "east." I associate it with the dominant Sun worship we see in all religions today, and that the sun rises in the east. Really and truly, our point of contention with one another does not affect our agreement on the 'deception' the prophet was speaking on.

And just so we can laugh together, I wanted to thank you for flipping my view of Aries as 'head' and Pisces as 'feet.' You point out an interesting aspect of reality: thanks to gravity we are in fact standing upside down on the surface of this planet! Our brain flops the images conveyed through the eyes so that we see right-side-up (weird phrase when one thinks on it), so in one manner, we are both saying the same thing! But technically I suppose we are not...! Life is funny like that. Thank you very much for sparking the lightening within my Mind.

Sevens wrote: Ever read the Urantia Book fully?

I have not. In fairness to myself however, I am not fully ignorant of the Book. One point I have wrestled with, but am not opposed to, is that the Source evolves and is changing. Having read a channeled book written by an author named DeRohan, I have meditated on the consequences of associating a changing quality to Source.

In all my esoteric studies and training, the hermetic principle which is very important across most traditions, is the unchanging nature of Source (change would require motion, requiring a seeking to balance something currently unbalanced). Source being Stillness, seemingly does not allow for this changing quality.

I am not opposed to the thought however. Truly, I feel that Source being Stillness does NOT change; however, furthering one's awareness of Self does not require change, only a lack of self-examination. This evolving quality associated with Source could very well be a result of observing (in stillness) all of Source's active and changing Creations, and in seeing all this activity, becomes further aware of Self's own nature. Just as we can 'people-watch' and see things in others we like or don't like, so can an Unmoving Source. In this manner, Source does NOT judge, but accepts, examines, and understands those qualities Source sees, and is better able to understand Itself. Through this understanding, comes expansion, ergo love as the vibration most associated with Source.

This is how I reconcile both views within my own Mind at this present time. No doubt my view will evolve, and I am confident that given time, I'll be able to better respond to this conceptual conflict.

NOTE: Perhaps my failing is in associating 'change' with 'motion'; this could very well be a faulty assumption and leading me astray. I'm going to have to meditate on this tonight.

Sevens wrote:If you havent you should give it a good go

I will, thank you for the direction.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2382
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:16 am

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 4:34 am » by mediasorcery


why cannot the source be defined as a paradox, ie changing and staying the same, in the moments of time, it is both, a paradox in nature.wtff?
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Initiate
Posts: 489
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:06 pm

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 4:43 am » by Sevens


hey no worries, from my experience the urantia book has led us to major verifications regarding the beginning, the foundations of the world and is the book that fulfills prophecy but one has to see this. At the end there will be another book opened, the sevenfold instruction according to Enoch, I believe the UB is the book.

thanks for your reply all the best.

Initiate
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:39 am

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 4:55 am » by 1ofus


mediasorcery wrote:why cannot the source be defined as a paradox, ie changing and staying the same, in the moments of time, it is both, a paradox in nature.wtff?


Imo, the source does learn and change. I think the source is our collective spirit and we are that spirits sensory apparatus. If we, collectively, are in descent that same spirit would indeed be stagnant or dead in the water, so to speak and conversely if we are collectively ascending and learning that collective spirit would be growing and learning as well.

I think our collective spirit is our creator, in a way that makes us, collectively, our own creator, lol. :think:


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook