God Is Sacred, Creation is Filthy, How is This Possible?

Initiate

PostFri Nov 01, 2013 1:16 pm » by Hayden

Is a spider filthy because it eats flies to live?Nature (creation) is filled with such cruelty. The difference is that We have free will, or the illusion of it, so we are capable of being 'filthy' nature is not because a spider/tiger etc. will always do what they do, whereas we (humans) do things purely for self interest. Sorry man I've lost where I was going with that. I'll shut up now.Peace.

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 01, 2013 1:23 pm » by Svaha

It's a little arrogant to assume that humans can define 'the creator', it simply is not possible, with every attempt to do so, Mystery will take one further into the woods, further into suffering.
All the so called creators (God Allah ..) are 'created' by humans, come from the Island of humankind, the tonal world.
The same is true for the 'atheists', don't believe is the same as believe.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 01, 2013 1:48 pm » by Spock

Hayden wrote:Is a spider filthy because it eats flies to live?Nature (creation) is filled with such cruelty. The difference is that We have free will, or the illusion of it, so we are capable of being 'filthy' nature is not because a spider/tiger etc. will always do what they do, whereas we (humans) do things purely for self interest. Sorry man I've lost where I was going with that. I'll shut up now.Peace.

You nailed it. The difference between us and animals are that we understand selfishness and act on it regardless. Animals do not have the capacity to understand the difference between good and evil intent, where we humans do.

Writer

PostFri Nov 01, 2013 3:35 pm » by Santor

I like the video posted in the op, but the title isn't really resuming it. Personally, I think that fundamentally, there is no difference between Creator and Creation. Its two aspects of the same thing.

Initiate

PostFri Nov 01, 2013 9:31 pm » by pushtone

Santor wrote:I like the video posted in the op, but the title isn't really resuming it. Personally, I think that fundamentally, there is no difference between Creator and Creation. Its two aspects of the same thing.

Santor.

how deep are you diving with Creation ?

:wink:
- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Writer

PostSat Nov 02, 2013 3:40 pm » by Santor

pushtone wrote:Santor.

how deep are you diving with Creation ?

:wink:

I have no idea.

But I think what we see as filthy is rather lack of aware consciousness. I see Creation as an extension of the Source and as spirits, we are extension of the Great Spirit coming into Creation to experience and through experience evolving, changing, gaining more awareness. Transformation and movement, creating expansion of awareness, being fundamental in both Creation and its Source.

Previous