God/Nature's response to 1814 British burning of White House

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 8:55 pm

PostSat Mar 05, 2011 2:14 am » by Redwoodrick


esther40 wrote:
redwoodrick wrote:Interesting :flop: :hiho: "I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Redwood Rick,

Obviously, Jefferson believed in God although he was a 'Doubting Thomas' when it came to Jesus' miracles - he deleted them from his version of the Gospel ('Jefferson Bible'). Jefferson and John Adams both died on 7/4/1826 - the 50th Anniversary of the signing of the Declaration. This is often referred to as the biggest coincidence in American history. In Hebrew, there's not even a word for 'coincidence' - there's a strong belief in G-d.

Did Jefferson and Adams write each other about the 1814 DC fire and hurricane? We ought to research that. Had you heard of it before now? :wink:


I personally do not think that the God of Love affects events on Earth to influence the warfare of mankind.But I do believe in God.And I do follow Christ.But as in the days of Yeshua the churches and religions of man are leading the people astray in the name of God.
I gave you thumbs up because I do not want you to feel that your opinion is unwanted here,even if I do not agree with most of it.
In regards to the tornado thwarting the British,I would sooner believe it was a human with mastery of the elements than that God decided to kill the evil British.Much more plausible than the God of Love deciding to take sides and kill the evil British imo. :dunno:
I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man- Thomas Jefferson

To be honest I'm not even sure what "alien" means. Alien to what? The universe is teeming with life.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4742
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 11:32 pm

PostSat Mar 05, 2011 2:18 am » by Will69ease


captainkarizma wrote:This is the kind of religious spew we do not need.

This is the kind of obnoxious comment we don't need.

Writer
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:16 pm

PostSat Mar 05, 2011 2:18 am » by Esther40


zubenelgenubi wrote:Are they now teaching kids in US schools that the war of 1812 was unprovoked? The US was attacking Canadian settlements, and Britain had to send a message that attacking its colonies would not be tolerated.

Zuben---,

Did you intentionally chose to change the point of God/Nature intervening in putting out the fires of the White House and others in Washington DC in 1814? Please address the issue! If you want to discuss the reasons for the War of 1812, start a new thread!! I'll reply to it. :owned:

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 953
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:45 pm

PostSat Mar 05, 2011 2:20 am » by Captainkarizma


will69ease wrote:
captainkarizma wrote:This is the kind of religious spew we do not need.

This is the kind of obnoxious comment we don't need.



Yes it is when this kind of CRAP is going to be tossed around and DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.
:robot: this is the captain speaking :badair:

Initiate
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:27 pm

PostSat Mar 05, 2011 2:28 am » by Nothingmatters


We should do it properley next time and save the planet from destruction

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4664
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

PostSat Mar 05, 2011 2:29 am » by Tuor10


esther40 wrote:There are countless examples from history of proof that there is a 'God'. I'll briefly give just one...

The War of 1812 continued into 1814. In September of that year, the British sailed up the Chesapeake and marched on Washington, DC. They met very little resistance as they entered the US Capitol. The then unopposed British set fire to several Federal buildings including the White House! While the fires still raged, suddenly a hurricane passed over the Capitol and some claim to have even seen a tornado come down Pennsylvania Avenue towards the British! Not only was the White House fire and others put out by this great storm, the incredibly strong winds reportedly tossed British cannons into the air! When the storm was over, the British regulars and officers were so spooked by what had just happened, that they retreated - unopposed - to their ships and sailed off. (Google it.)


LOL

God is an Englishman, so I doubt that he would have afflicted such a blow to his chosen people :mrgreen:

Seriously though, the British pulled out because the main body of the U.S. army was in the South.

Nothing to do with the generals getting spooked by celestial powers.

I don't even class it as a war. At that point in History, a large portion of the British colonists still felt strongly for the mother country. They just wanted to rule their own affair. It was an extension of the 1776 revolution if you like.


*The Civil War of 1812: American Citizens, British Subjects, Irish Rebels*, by Alan Taylor is a good read if your interested in that period of history.

Writer
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:03 am

PostSat Mar 05, 2011 2:32 am » by Levi11


The war of 1812 was to change the organic constitution.

Conspirator
Posts: 3709
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:57 pm
Location: Scotland

PostSat Mar 05, 2011 2:44 am » by Muchtyman


redwoodrick wrote:
esther40 wrote:
redwoodrick wrote:Interesting :flop: :hiho: "I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Redwood Rick,

Obviously, Jefferson believed in God although he was a 'Doubting Thomas' when it came to Jesus' miracles - he deleted them from his version of the Gospel ('Jefferson Bible'). Jefferson and John Adams both died on 7/4/1826 - the 50th Anniversary of the signing of the Declaration. This is often referred to as the biggest coincidence in American history. In Hebrew, there's not even a word for 'coincidence' - there's a strong belief in G-d.

Did Jefferson and Adams write each other about the 1814 DC fire and hurricane? We ought to research that. Had you heard of it before now? :wink:


I personally do not think that the God of Love affects events on Earth to influence the warfare of mankind.But I do believe in God.And I do follow Christ.But as in the days of Yeshua the churches and religions of man are leading the people astray in the name of God.
I gave you thumbs up because I do not want you to feel that your opinion is unwanted here,even if I do not agree with most of it.
In regards to the tornado thwarting the British,I would sooner believe it was a human with mastery of the elements than that God decided to kill the evil British.Much more plausible than the God of Love deciding to take sides and kill the evil British imo. :dunno:



Geez Red ....Whats with this Evil British shit .

The Evil British in that theatre of Canada were a few Batallions of Regulars , plus a hell of a lot of 1st Nation warriors and local loyalist Canadians . Evil is a matter of perspective .

The end result of the 1812 war was the survival of Canada and the expansion of the US westwards ." From sea to shining sea "

I agree with you , God played no part .................. :cheers:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1902
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:58 pm

PostSat Mar 05, 2011 2:47 am » by Richc


http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/british-capture-and-burn-washington

QUOTE:
"The still uncompleted Capitol building was also set on fire, and the House of Representatives and the Library of Congress were gutted before a torrential downpour doused the flames."

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:37 am

PostSat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 am » by Zubenelgenubi


esther40 wrote:
zubenelgenubi wrote:Are they now teaching kids in US schools that the war of 1812 was unprovoked? The US was attacking Canadian settlements, and Britain had to send a message that attacking its colonies would not be tolerated.

Zuben---,

Did you intentionally chose to change the point of God/Nature intervening in putting out the fires of the White House and others in Washington DC in 1814? Please address the issue! If you want to discuss the reasons for the War of 1812, start a new thread!! I'll reply to it. :owned:


Well if god wanted to save the US from harm he would have stopped them from doing what brought all that down on them, or at least intervened before anything bad happened to them at all as a result.


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook