Going to the bathroom in the name of Allah Most High

Initiate

PostSat Nov 07, 2009 7:20 pm » by Thewindycity

Im currently reading this book in an attempt to better understand my faith, and the faith of others. The book review below convinced me that this is a 'must read' in my attempt to better understand the Muslim religion. To date, I find a lot of micro management in the name of Allah. Perhaps if your raised to follow all these rules and regulations, it does not seem overwhelming. To an infidel Lutheran like me, its beyond belief.

An actual Book Review: Although the rulings are predominantly of the Shafi School of Islamic Law it does have rulings from Hanafi School of thought. Having said that, it is handy for every laymen as the second half of issues like Smoking and Music, that are relevant to every Muslim, no matter which school they adhere too. I have to say, one cannot do with out it in this western world that we live in, where it is very difficult to find a reference-book excellently researched, typeface, easy to read hence understand, indexed, and updated to current issues. A smaller complementary text by the same translated is al-Maqasid, also helpful.
As an example; below is only part of one chapter, dealing with the holy way of going to the shit house. My husband was raised in the hills of Southern Ohio (his father was a coal miner), and used an outhouse until the age of 14. While I’ve never met a finer Christian in my lifetime, this surely makes my honey and I candidates for eternal damnation.

Im sure all inquiring American infidel minds want to know!

The Reliance of the Traveller. Version 1.06
By Ahmad Ibn Naqib Al-Misri
BOOK E: PURIFICATION

Chapter E-9.0: Going to Lavatory.
E-9.1: Recommended Measures

It is recommended when one intends to use the lavatory:
1 to put something on one's feet, unless there is an excuse (such as not having shoes);
2 to cover the head (even if only with a handkerchief or other);
3 to set aside anything on which there is the mention of Allah Most High. His messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace), or any revered name (like those of prophets or angels). If one enters with a ring (on which something worthy of respect is written), one closes one's hand around it;
4 to ready stones (or other suitable material (def:e-9.5) ) (if one uses them) to clean oneself of filth though water alone is sufficient;
5 to say before entering: "In the name of Allah. O Allah, I take refuge in You from demons, male and female," and after leaving, "[O Lord,] Your forgiveness: Praise be to Allah who rid me of the hurt and gave me health";
6 to enter with the left foot first and depart with the right foot first (and this, together with (3) and 5 above, are not only for indoors, but recommended outdoors as well);
7 not to raise one's garment until one squats down to the ground (to keep one's nakedness covered as much as possible) and to lower it before one stand up;
8 to put most of one's weight on the left foot while squatting;
9 not to spend a long time;
10 not to speak;
11 when finished urinating, for men to squeeze the penis with the left hand from base to head (recommended because this is where the urethra is, and for women to squeeze their front between thumb and forefinger) (so urine does not exit later and nullify one's ablution) pulling lightly three times (this being recommended when one thinks the urine has stopped, though if one thinks it has not, this is obligatory);
12 not to urinate while standing (which is offensive) unless there is an excuse (such as when standing is less likely to spatter urine on one's clothes than sitting, or when sitting is a hardship);
13 not to clean oneself with water in the same place one relieved oneself, if it might spatter, though if in a lavatory one need not move to a different place;
14 to distance oneself from others if outdoors and to screen oneself;
15 not to urinate into holes, on hard places, where there is wind, in waterways, where people gather to talk, on paths, under fruit trees, near graves, in still water, or in less than 216 liters of running water;
16 and not to relieve oneself with one's front or rear facing the sun, moon, or the Sacred Precinct in Jerusalem.

Is anyone interested in this stuff? good lord have mercy.......

edited to say: My husband takes the sunday newspaper in the john with him and doesn't come out until the sports and funnies are read. Rule number 9 is shot all to hell on him. And Al Bundy? Forget it. You got nothing on my husband.
By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth. George Carlin
"Dont ever lose your sense of humor". John Belushi

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 07, 2009 7:27 pm » by TheDuck

16 and not to relieve oneself with one's front or rear facing the sun, moon, or the Sacred Precinct in Jerusalem.

WTF! pmsl.

Mostly bullsh*t isn't it really..
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Initiate

PostSat Nov 07, 2009 7:47 pm » by Thewindycity

say duck, whats happened to your signature? There's all kinds of letters missing??

Anyway, yeah. When I gotta go, I gotta go and I couldn't give a rats ass where the sun or moon is.

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 07, 2009 7:55 pm » by Spock

Do a refresh, his sig looks normal to me.

Initiate

PostSat Nov 07, 2009 7:58 pm » by Thewindycity

copied and pasted sig:

I believe tht any man without principles tht he is rdy and willing to die for at any given moment is alrdy dead and is of no use or conseqnce whatsoever

I believe THAT any man without principles THAT is is READY and willing to die for at any given moment is ALREADY dead and is of no use or CONSEQUENCE

not a biggie. Just easier to read with all the letters is all.

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 07, 2009 8:00 pm » by TheDuck

Couldn't fit it all in so I took some letters out :D

Initiate

PostSat Nov 07, 2009 8:01 pm » by Thewindycity

omg. :flop: to much.... :flop:

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 07, 2009 8:04 pm » by TheDuck

William Cooper said that you know..

Initiate

PostSat Nov 07, 2009 8:06 pm » by Fatrock386

This is a true story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well-known leader in prison ministry. The man who walks with God always gets to his destination. If you have a pulse you have a purpose.

The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States , especially in the minority races!!!

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required
for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs..

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: 'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'
He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestan ts to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'
The Imam was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me!

Let me ask you a question: Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame. Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the Diversification training seminar were not happy with my way of dealing with the Islamic Imam, and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. to elect the President!
I think everyone in the U.S. should be required to read this, but with ACLU, there is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us send it on! This is your chance to make a difference...
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin,1759

Initiate

PostSat Nov 07, 2009 8:07 pm » by Thewindycity

"The object is to destroy all existing religions...the object is to cow you into never resisting the authority of the New World Order"

yep

Next