Goosebumps, tingles, shivers, A.S.M.R

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostSat Nov 10, 2012 9:03 pm » by SamueltheLion

What is this, what does it mean, and what are your experiences with these sensations?

I came across this website which does research on the phenomenon, but it is far from conclusive.

Welcome to the research and support site for ASMR

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is a physical sensation characterized by a pleasurable tingling that typically begins in the head and scalp, and often moves down the spine and through the limbs.

Most ASMR episodes begin by an external or internal trigger, and are so divided for classification. Type A episodes are elicited by the experiencer using no external stimuli, and are typically achieved by specific thought patterns unique to the individual. Type B episodes are triggered involuntarily by an external trigger, via one or more senses, and may also involve specific thought patterns associated with the triggering event. Both types of triggers vary between individuals, but many are common to a large portion of ASMR enjoyers.

Common external triggers:
Exposure to slow, accented, or unique speech patterns
Viewing educational or instructive videos or lectures
Experiencing a high empathetic or sympathetic reaction to an event
Enjoying a piece of art or music
Watching another person complete a task, often in a diligent, attentive manner - examples would be filling out a form, writing a check, going through a purse or bag, inspecting an item closely, etc.
Close, personal attention from another person
Haircuts, or other touch from another on head or back

http://www.asmr-research.org/

I have to say; whenever i "tingle", it heralds a 'step' in my spiritual progress, it always seem to be triggered by some significant event or thought, in my life, and i'm happy when they happen.

I decided to call them -Aura Flares-

Once again, what are your experiences?

Cheers

:cheers:
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 10, 2012 9:14 pm » by 99socks

I get this sometimes, and it usually comes when I am thinking or feeling love... And it is, just a subtle, warm, tingly sensation in the scalp.

However, the most powerful one I've had came while watching a documentary on quantum physics. I was getting a head massage at the time... and it ended in a full-blown orgasm.

The most common way I experience it though, is while in church.

:peep:

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 10, 2012 9:22 pm » by Tjahzi

interesting stuff. never heard of this research before.

started having those sensations when i was a kid watching dragon ball z and trying to mimick the characters when they started flaring lol.

been having that stuff ever since. self induced and from the outside.

how did you stumbleupon this research group?

Initiate

PostSat Nov 10, 2012 11:01 pm » by Pitchke

Yeah I get these tingles when I am very happy, or thinking about happy stuff :)

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostSun Nov 11, 2012 1:14 am » by SamueltheLion

Tjahzi wrote:interesting stuff. never heard of this research before.

started having those sensations when i was a kid watching dragon ball z and trying to mimick the characters when they started flaring lol.

been having that stuff ever since. self induced and from the outside.

how did you stumbleupon this research group?

I asked a friend of mine if it was a sign of progress that I could will the sensation into being,
by concentrating on truth, that's what he called them (a.s.m.r) and linked me to their page.

99socks wrote:I get this sometimes, and it usually comes when I am thinking or feeling love... And it is, just a subtle, warm, tingly sensation in the scalp.

However, the most powerful one I've had came while watching a documentary on quantum physics. I was getting a head massage at the time... and it ended in a full-blown orgasm.

The most common way I experience it though, is while in church.

:peep:

:sunny:
Your faith will make you whole

PostSun Aug 25, 2013 3:39 am » by frankjames5249

It depends on how sensitive I am at the time. I think that proper eating and vitamins like Omega 3s help with the sensitivity but everyone might be different. I don't know! Anyways... ASMR is a great phenomenon which has changed my life towards the better! Every month they come out with newer and greater videos. http://www.asmrstudio.com has the newest ones that come out.

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook