GOP debate tonight from South Carolina

Initiate

PostTue Jan 17, 2012 7:53 am » by Sentientseed

I will give credit to Newt, he did a good job debating his viewpoints.

You would think Ron Paul could answer that kind of questioning with precision and clarity. The way he rambles and seems to go all over the place hurts him with your average person.

has always been an issue for him in large debates. I know some may think the point to follow silly, but I think Ron has a fight or flight issue. Normally he is calm and when so, can relate his points very well. It seems when he is being attacked, falsely represented, or gets too overly intense... his responses usually become more of a ramble with broken sentences and asides.

I myself don't do so well in those situations and have similar issues. I do much better writing. I write off the cuff much more affluently and eloquently than I speak. Reading this might make one wonder then....just how horrible are my speaking skills. Obviously if my writing is the better of the two, my speaking must be pretty atrocious. :)

Ron Paul has continually improved in this...but I do believe he had a bit of a down night in that area.

Oh...and fuck the war monger lunatics on stage and in the crowd. Not a very intellectual thing to say but neither was the Sieg Heil for the war machine.

I live in the south myself. Folks love to hate in Jesus name round where I live. Onward Christian soldiers ya know. :oops: Baffles me to no end. My cousin is a preacher. He really seems to enjoy a self righteous verbal fisticuffs toward anything gay/homosexual. I went to school with a guy who supposedly has now "gone christian" yet stood in front of me supporting the Preacher who was tirelessly trying to rally folks to burn the Koran at ground zero. The guy seemed to think it more prudent than helping the poor and needy. He even said...in a not so "Christianly" manner that he wipes his ass with the Koran. I asked had he read it. The response was...no and have no intention of reading such garbage. The sentiment of believing someone knows something without researching themselves is quite common though. I am not defending nor promoting the Koran either. I don't know about elsewhere but in the small town south...gossip stands as truth to a lot of folks.
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Initiate

PostTue Jan 17, 2012 8:10 am » by Phooey

@sentientseed - Good post, I agree with your thoughts on the debate. I think Gingrich is going to get a lot of votes in SC. I just hope he steals more of Romney's votes than Paul's. I also say fuck the war mongering lunatics, didn't Iraq teach us anything?
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." Ron Paul

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 17, 2012 9:55 am » by Hackjames

Paul got airtime again, despite the fact that there are many people in media, big business and government who would prefer that he not. That's always a win.

Try not to think of these events in terms of how it looks...even though the networks are full of slimy bastards that will do whatever they believe they can get away with to push their talking points, they are consistent in that they are almost always slimy bastards.

It is my contention that the masses (even the "dumb" ones) have unintentionally been trained by the very media trying to subvert their ability to make informed decisions. This training has given them a latent, largely unrecognized ability to note and discard bullshit in the media, even when it caters to them...not all the time or with every individual, of course, but just the same. I could cite many anecdotal examples of why I believe this, but I'd ask instead that you each look for your own examples (which will hold more personal meaning than mine, in all likelihood).

"Mainstream" media has only one trick, and that is being the biggest game in town when it comes to opinions and who hears which ones. If they're "telling" you something, ask yourself....

...do I really have any idea how other people are reacting to what I've just been told?

This has grown long and obtuse. My basic premise is that we shouldn't loose faith in 300 million strangers because they were fed BS for the 300 millionth time. There are always going to be disagreements, but most people are, fundamentally, reasonable animals, if they are treated reasonably.

Thanks for your time and attention, may we all save ourselves from ourselves. In Paul's name...Fuck The Fed.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 17, 2012 2:30 pm » by Spock

Though I'm a Paul supporter, Newt Gingrich was the clear winner of this debate. Romney sputtered like a kid caught masturbating when asked if he would open up his tax records.

I was very disgusted when Paul was booed concerning a Golden Rule approach to foreign policy, and the crowd yucked it up like rabid football fans when Gingrich said, "Andrew Jackson had a simple philosophy when it came to America's enemies, you kill them". It pissed me off in that it served to the carnal tribal nature of people, the entire time the architects of the military industrial complex were salivating at the idea of more war machines with public approval - and Paul was listed over as he reminded everyone of Eisenhower's warning.

One of my favorite parts of the debate however, was when Juan Williams tried to make Newt look like a racist, and Newt schooled him with a good dose of put that in your corncob pipe and smoke it motherfucker...

Upload to Disclose.tv

and this was awesome too concerning jobs...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 17, 2012 10:30 pm » by Fatbastard

It looks like a video recorded fom a TV, just thought members would like to re view.>>> Post Script: Domdabears. All trolling, thread derailment and replies not thought out properly and without due consideration will cease, I have a nasty sense of humour (humor) but you or anyone else should not take it in malace.

Upload to Disclose.tv

"Senator. I am not now, nor have I ever been, an oil trader, and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anyone on my behalf."

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 17, 2012 10:37 pm » by Rydher

It would be nice if Newt really was who he is pretending to be.

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 17, 2012 10:43 pm » by Fatbastard

rydher wrote:It would be nice if Newt really was who he is pretending to be.

Exactly, "Stud."
"Senator. I am not now, nor have I ever been, an oil trader, and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anyone on my behalf."

Previous