GOP Senators want US to attack Iran for Israel

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostTue Oct 06, 2009 7:12 pm » by Savwafair2012

Two Senior GOP senators, Lindsay Graham of South Carolina and Saxby Chamblis of Georgia have stated that the US, not Israel, should attack Iran to prevent Iran from developing Nukes. Both Senators support an all out war against Iran, rather than a strike against Iran's nuclear facilities.
Image Lindsy Graham
Saxby Chmblis
Senator Graham told Chris Wallace on Fox News, "I think an Israeli attack on Iran is a nightmare for the world, because it will rally the Arab world around Iran and they're not aligned now. It's too much pressure to put on Israel." He added "If the sanctions fail, and Iran's going down the road to get a nuclear weapon, any Sunni Arab state that could, would want a nuclear weapon. Israel will be more imperiled. The world will change dramatically for the worst. Military action should be the last resort anyone looks at, and I would rather our allies and us take military action if it's necessary."

His colleague Saxby Chamblis, who was also a guest on Wallace's show added, "the problem with military action also is that you're probably not going to be able to stop the production of uranium by just a simple air strike, Lindsey's right. It's an all or nothing deal. And is it worth that at this point in time, when we know they have the capability? We can slow them down, but a full-out military strike is what it would take,"

If Iran is a threat to Israel than it should be Israel's responsibility to deal with that threat. An Israeli strike against Iran would spark retaliation by Iran proxies which would lead to a major war putting America under pressure to come to its aid. Iran is not a threat to America's interest as long as we are not involved in their affairs. The type of war the Senators are advocating would cost the lives of many innocent civilians and sacrifice more American soldiers and treasure to protect a foreign nation.

On a side note both Senators were strong supporters of the Wall Street bailouts, amnesty for illegal immigrants(Graham's nickname was Grahamnesty), and have strong ties to the Israeli Lobby. These two senators are Republicans but the democrats are not any better either.
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 07, 2009 7:33 pm » by Towelie

If anyone bombs or invades Iran it will result in war, if someone dropped bombs on the U.K. or U.S. what would we do? if Israel wants to fight let them do it alone, and let them face the consequenses of there actions alone, as long as other countries have nukes its not the place of those countries to dictate who else can or cant have them.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 08, 2009 12:21 am » by Flecktarn

towelie wrote:If anyone bombs or invades Iran it will result in war, if someone dropped bombs on the U.K. or U.S. what would we do? if Israel wants to fight let them do it alone, and let them face the consequenses of there actions alone, as long as other countries have nukes its not the place of those countries to dictate who else can or cant have them.

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: well said
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 08, 2009 12:31 am » by Zegtelzegtel

flecktarn wrote:
towelie wrote:If anyone bombs or invades Iran it will result in war, if someone dropped bombs on the U.K. or U.S. what would we do? if Israel wants to fight let them do it alone, and let them face the consequenses of there actions alone, as long as other countries have nukes its not the place of those countries to dictate who else can or cant have them.

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: well said

i agree

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 08, 2009 12:35 am » by Thesaint

so do I

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 08, 2009 12:51 am » by Spock

BULLSHIT!!!

That's like saying you wish for the mob down the street to acquire they same means of protection you have, so they can use it against you.

Iran is one of the LAST places on earth we need to see with a nuke bomb. Hell, we already have them in Pakistan, India and North Korea - where does the logic end? Somalia? And it's the same fuck that gave it to those rogue nations that started it in Iran.

With your logic of "fairness" you may as well wish the world blow itself up.

Do you REALLY want a Sunni nation armed with a nuke? And you'll say capitalists and christians are no better, which I'll say you're full of shit. May as well arm the Taliban with nukes.

As far as Graham goes - hopefully he'll be voted out of office this next go around, he's another puppet.

Don't be surprised when Israel attacks Iran - they have been warning the world for 8 years now, and Iran has been saying for the last 8 years they weren't going for the bomb, until recently.

Israel has the backing of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Kuwait and I imagine many more arab nations - those nations all hate Israel because they have "invaded their holy land" but they''ll allow Israel to go to war with their bigger adversary.

Israel needs our support on every aspect of the campaign, if they decide to go in.

And shame on any nation that sides with Iran for profit. These same nations blast the U.S. by claiming the war in Iraq was for oil (where the fuck is the oil to the U.S.? - and why the hell aren't the oil profits being used to rebuild their country that SUNNIS demolished? It's been on the backs of tax payers?)

HELL NO!

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 08, 2009 12:59 am » by Zegtelzegtel

[quote="spock"]BULLSHIT!!!

Do you REALLY want a Sunni nation armed with a nuke? And you'll say capitalists and christians are no better, which I'll say you're full of shit. May as well arm the Taliban with nukes.[quote="spock"]

Iran is Chiit man....Saudi,Egypt, Morocco, Algeria etc are Sunni
You really think the US needs another war?

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 08, 2009 1:23 am » by Flecktarn

so far only one nation has ever used nukes and we all know who that was ,all i know is at the moment we ,and by we i mean the uk army and the us army are fighting false wars , saddam was a puppet funded by the us goverment in his war with iran ,the taliban in iran again funded by the us ,even being invited over by rumsfelt ,is going to war with iran going to make this world safer ,NO WAY, then whos next syria,yemen ,saudi arabia ,chechnya,,were will it end,as for money to rebuild iraq ask any solider thats been there the money has gone to us and european business,for the rebuilding of the country ,yet when the building gets under way it gets blown up ,and it costs more money ,who blows it up you might ask ,the military under the guise of insergents ,,look back at news reports uk soliders an us soliders caught in disguise inciteing conflict ,a rescue mission on a iraqi police station to rescue them..
and if israel attacks iran we the people that fight the wars will welcome you to our ranks to see and expeirance what warmongering is all about and if your lucky you might make it home alive and in one piece ,,,so before saying this country has a right to attack ,the country being attacked has a right to defend ,,if israel needs our support go and join there warmongers crusade and kill for your opinion ....because i am sick and fed up with armchair generals fighting wars from the comfort of your homes ,,ask any serving solider how they feel on that one ,,i have seen conflict in northern ireland ,bosnia ,iraq, and now afghan ,and now war with iran ,,,,give me a break
ImageImage

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostThu Oct 08, 2009 1:28 am » by Savwafair2012

flecktarn wrote:so far only one nation has ever used nukes and we all know who that was ,all i know is at the moment we ,and by we i mean the uk army and the us army are fighting false wars

ONLY TAKES ONE FOOL :bang;
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml