Gospel of John, chapter 16, verse 12-14

Initiate

PostWed Dec 29, 2010 7:50 pm » by Charashc

"I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. "

Ok, if Jesus is not speaking about Mohammad then please tell me what's he talking about? And please consider that eliakim is not relevant answer..

This topic is made for constructive exchange of opinions if it succed in developing one, it's purpose is NOT preaching or any "my religion is better" debate. I just wanna know if there's any opinion on this particular verses from gosspels of John.

Thank you very much.

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 29, 2010 7:51 pm » by 99socks

charashc wrote:"I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. "

Ok, if Jesus is not speaking about Mohammad then please tell me what's he talking about? And please consider that eliakim is not relevant answer..

This topic is made for constructive exchange of opinions if it succed in developing one, it's purpose is NOT preaching or any "my religion is better" debate. I just wanna know if there's any opinion on this particular verses from gosspels of John.

Thank you very much.

The Holy Spirit.

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 29, 2010 7:53 pm » by Mochon

Mass awakening,realization.the voice of the consiesuness of all,put together in one voice...what sone call enlightment...what do you think?

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 29, 2010 7:54 pm » by 99socks

mochon wrote:Mass awakening,realization.the voice of the consiesuness of all,put together in one voice...what sone call enlightment...what do you think?

Same thing... Holy Spirit. :D

Initiate

PostWed Dec 29, 2010 7:56 pm » by Charashc

Good point of view, but in what form and when are you expecting this prophecy to be fulfilled?

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 29, 2010 7:57 pm » by 99socks

... and I'm not saying that as a Bible-thumper, either.

Initiate

PostWed Dec 29, 2010 7:57 pm » by Charashc

99socks wrote:Same thing... Holy Spirit. :D

What's Holy Spirit?

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 29, 2010 7:59 pm » by 99socks

charashc wrote:Good point of view, but in what form and when are you expecting this prophecy to be fulfilled?

It already happened... See Acts chapter 2. :D

The thing is, while it happened/was given 2,000 years ago en masse, it also is given/happens on a daily basis on an individual level. It has nothing to do with dogma or any other trappings or religion.

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 pm » by 99socks

charashc wrote:

What's Holy Spirit?

Depends what interpretation and what spin you want to put on it... You can call it God/part of the Trinity, you can call it the Spirit of God, you can call it the Universal Life Force, you can call it Chi... it's all essentially the same thing.

Initiate

PostWed Dec 29, 2010 8:05 pm » by Charashc

99socks wrote:
charashc wrote:

What's Holy Spirit?

Depends what interpretation and what spin you want to put on it... You can call it God/part of the Trinity, you can call it the Spirit of God, you can call it the Universal Life Force, you can call it Chi... it's all essentially the same thing.

Correct me if I'm understanding wrong, but the Holy Spirit is like a force of God which is also the part of all of us humans? Like the God's light in us (mentioned in all monotheistic religions)?

Next