Government tells Boeing it can't open a new plan in SC

Conspirator

PostFri May 13, 2011 7:09 pm » by Rydher

I've been following this story since I first saw it but waited for my initial knee jerk reaction of WTF. There had to be more to this story, but it seems there isn't. The government is telling a private company where it can and can't open up new places of business based on unions and right-to-work states. I sincerely hope this gets more attention nationwide and opens some peoples eyes as to what we are becoming.

As you may know, the Obama administration’s National Labor Relations Board is trying to tell the Boeing Company how to run its business. To wit, the NLRB is telling Boeing that it cannot open a plant in business-friendly South Carolina. South Carolina is a right-to-work state, meaning that it has “a law against compulsory union membership” — so is the NLRB retaliating on behalf of labor?

It’s the first time a federal agency has intervened to tell an American company where it can and cannot operate a plant within the U.S. It lays the foundation of a regulatory wall with one express purpose: to prevent the direct competition of right-to-work states with union-shop states.

Libertarian labor expert Richard Epstein delivers some background:

The National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) [has filed] unfair labor charges on behalf of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers union against the Boeing Company. Why? Boeing had the audacity to invest $2 billion in a new South Carolina facility where it would assemble its 787 Dreamliner—a job that Boeing assigned to 1000 non-union workers starting this coming July.

Acting NLRB General Counsel, Lafe Solomon, wants that work to be brought back to Washington state and the Portland, Oregon area, where Boeing has its current Dreamliner facilities….

But South Carolina governor Nikki Haley wants to know why Washington should get those jobs instead of South Carolina. (Washington is a union-shop state.) She appeared on Fox and Friends this morning to challenge the NLRB’s complaint against Boeing.

Here is what she said:

Upload to Disclose.tv

For more background on this case—and for more information on the question of whether the NLRB should even exist — check out Epstein’s full piece here, http://www.hoover.org/publications/defining-ideas/article/76501.

Conspirator

PostSat May 14, 2011 12:21 am » by Nilm33

Whats up with Harry Reids left eye? Looks like some goons roughed him up lol.

Conspirator

PostSat May 14, 2011 12:23 am » by Rydher

Maybe he had to be persuaded by the unions on the issue. In all seriousness though. I find this part of the story crazy and can't believe it's not getting more attention.

It’s the first time a federal agency has intervened to tell an American company where it can and cannot operate a plant within the U.S.

Conspirator

PostSun May 22, 2011 10:30 pm » by Nilm33

Shit I just noticed his arm is in a sling too. This wasnt surgery! Anyone got any idea on what happened? I stay tuned and I never once heard anything about this. Was he in an accident?

Initiate

PostSun May 22, 2011 10:56 pm » by Domeika

The NLB filed the complaint because they thought Boeing would back down, and Boeing is not backing down.
The truth of the matter is that Boeing has to deliver 10 787 Dreamliners per month. This is new work, on top of the existing lines of 777, 767, etc.. 7 airplanes will be built in Everett per month, and Boeing has hired 2 thousand more people there to do it. Boeing is opening a 2nd line in SC, at it's new 1.2 million square foot facility, and has already hired 1 thousand people there. It's also worth noting that the new facility is as "green"as it gets, producing 20% of it's own power through solar amongst other carbon-neutral initiatives. No work was transferred from Everett, and not a single job lost there, so the NLB doesn't have a leg to stand on. And, if they push it in front of corrupt fed judges to side with the NLB, the whole 787 production line will probably move overseas to a more business friendly environment.

Conspirator

PostMon May 23, 2011 2:05 am » by Evildweeb

nilm33 wrote:Whats up with Harry Reids left eye? Looks like some goons roughed him up lol.

Maybe Harry Reid took the proverbial "fall down the stairs".

That's what it used to be called, lol

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR