GOVERNOR SAYS TEXAS CAN LEAVE THE UNION IF IT WANTS

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 3:32 am » by Drextin

obiwanabe wrote:
drextin wrote:Civil war is likely. Only this time there is no righteous cause like slavery to hang any motives on. It will just be our own ignorance that guides this one.

Touch up on your history for what lead to the succession.

No you misunderstood. The slavery issue was what we hung our motives on even though it was financial and big government that started the whole thing. You should have known that.

My point was that we don't even have a cause as righteous as slavery to make us feel better about the whole thing. It was pretty straight forward sorry you didn't get it.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 3:38 am » by lainn

drextin wrote:
obiwanabe wrote:
drextin wrote:Civil war is likely. Only this time there is no righteous cause like slavery to hang any motives on. It will just be our own ignorance that guides this one.

No you misunderstood. The slavery issue was what we hung our motives on even though it was financial and big government that started the whole thing. You should have known that.

My point was that we don't even have a cause as righteous as slavery to make us feel better about the whole thing. It was pretty straight forward sorry you didn't get it.

Somethings changed with you.

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 3:41 am » by Drextin

lainn,

Very perceptive. Won't go into details..........other than it's nothing evil like aliens taking over my soul.

Initiate

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 3:47 am » by Tonybigman3

slushpup wrote:

great post slush it hits home. :banana:

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 4:47 am » by Obiwanabe

drextin wrote:
obiwanabe wrote:

I didn't mean to be offensive to you drextin. Pardon me. First time posting here. I meant only to comment on "Civil war is likely....It will just be our own ignorance that guides this one" With my response to be touch up on your (everyone) history so hopefully we don't wind up in the same situation. The last thing we need is the population to divide even further, much less the states.

Or is it the conspiratory plan. "Divide and Conquer"

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 4:58 am » by Clawspiracy

@ Drextin... If you need anything... Feel free, I'm always open.

@ Everyone else...

Civil War cannot be ruled out. There is much riding on these stimulus packages doing well that if they don't... Well, let's just not entertain that. I want to keep my mind open to the possibility that things will get back on track and the bankers will just have to go back to their drawing boards to stir up shit.

Oh, and the Social Networks thing about on-demand mobs... It may come in handy, so watch out Rockefeller...!

:)
It's a Clawspiracy...

Master Conspirator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 5:01 am » by Lowsix

LowSix wrote:Americas not heading for civil war, and if by some chance it does, it wont be becuase of any serious differences in ideology. It will be more like the reasons that guests fought on Jerry Springer.

Getting Loud to get Over.

Perry is not leading a charge toward Secession.
He is reasserting states rights, letting the people know exactly why he is refusing portions of the stimulus packages offered. He does not want texas to have their budgets dictated by people who have not a damn clue how or why Texas is run the way it is.

He is ALSO charging up his campaign to run against Kay Bailey Huchinson, and therein lies 90% of the level of rhetoric, aside from clarifying his position with regard to Pay for Play stimulus packages which force spending above and beyond state capacity to balance budgets after the money is gone..nothing more and nothing less.

Im quoting myself, becuase obviously people arent listening.

This was a "Symbolic " reference....
This is playing that a particular crowd on a particular day,
Half assertion of states rights, and half campaign.

There is NO PUSH whatsoever to secession or Civil war.
Thats coming from lightly tossing around a very serious concept in forums like these..and nowhere else...

Ease up a bit people..jesus..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 6:06 am » by Drextin

low6,

My thoughts on a new civil war are not defined just by the events of today. Nor am I saying it will happen. My point is that if we keep going down this road civil war is not as far fetched as it once was.

Of course the politicians in Texas and other states don't want this to happen but none of them in their quest for attention are taking into consideration the consequences of their actions.

It's like the conspiracy nuts who rant and rave about things they know are false just for the fame and money but when people start to take them serious and decide talk is cheap let's get some action going on the blowhards claim no responsibility.

obiwanabe,

It's all good man. Actually I can't blame you for the statement you made. I was unclear on what I meant. So my apologies for not just clarifying my position instead of being a smartass.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 7:08 am » by Lowsix

drextin wrote:low6,
Of course the politicians in Texas and other states don't want this to happen but none of them in their quest for attention are taking into consideration the consequences of their actions.

It's like the conspiracy nuts who rant and rave about things they know are false just for the fame and money but when people start to take them serious and decide talk is cheap let's get some action going on the blowhards claim no responsibility.

I agree 1000 bazillion percent here for sure bro..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Previous