GREEN LANTERN IS AWSOME! JUNE 2011!.

Initiate

PostThu Jun 23, 2011 1:10 am » by Anubis

The Movie which recently came out called "THE GREEN LANTERN", must be watched. It incorporates an Andromedan Council type setting and this Council is responsible for the protection of Planetary Civilizations in the Galaxy. This Council enrolls a Human in it's Team of Gaurdians to Protect the Galaxy against threats that destroy Civilizations and Planets.

Green Lantern is an Extraterrestrial Bonanza that is utter Incredible!, watch the trailer, I highly recommmend Green Lantern because it Incorporates Holographic Powers and a Lantern Alien Council that Protects Star Systems and Civilizations, utter Awsome!, a must see!.
During times of Great Fear , people must not curl into a ball and cry for mommy, Courage and the control of Primordial Fear is key to Civilizations Survival!.

http://youtu.be/CnSicg5eRsI
Disciple of Free Speech and Watchman

Initiate

PostThu Jun 23, 2011 1:37 am » by Shagrath

It was an awesome movie to watch. My son and I did enjoy it. But dig deeper.

Super Moderator

PostThu Jun 23, 2011 2:16 am » by Slith

I've always been a comic book freak, I love the movies the've been coming out with. Green Lantern has been one of my all time faves. Great to see it hit the big screen, but was disappointed when they (the critics) said he was a "B" grade superhero. Fook that, he's top notch. Sorry. tapping into my inner youth

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 23, 2011 2:18 am » by Zer0

I guess I can watch this piece of shit film... is it online yet?
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 23, 2011 2:26 am » by Phoenix rising

During times of Great Fear , people must not curl into a ball and cry for mommy, Courage and the control of Primordial Fear is key to Civilizations Survival!.

Good words anibus and very quotable.

I had a near death experince! but for the last 20 years I have had a near life experince
[/quote]
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 23, 2011 2:32 am » by Cia212

I wasn't a huge fan of the movie. Ryan Reynolds totally missed the Hal Jordan character and Parallax was too important a villain to tackle in the origin story. In fact, originally Hal Jordan WAS Parallax - it was retconned to being a possessing entity later on. Plus, the Oa training lasted all of 5 minutes of screen time.

There should have been more time on Oa followed by a training mission, something that hinted at Sinestro's fall. Then, at the end, mention the Parallax threat - setting up a sequel. The same way they did with Batman Begins - although Ra's was more than a training mission.

Yes, I was a comic nerd as a kid.

Super Moderator

PostThu Jun 23, 2011 2:40 am » by Slith

cia212 wrote:I wasn't a huge fan of the movie. Ryan Reynolds totally missed the Hal Jordan character and Parallax was too important a villain to tackle in the origin story. In fact, originally Hal Jordan WAS Parallax - it was retconned to being a possessing entity later on. Plus, the Oa training lasted all of 5 minutes of screen time.

There should have been more time on Oa followed by a training mission, something that hinted at Sinestro's fall. Then, at the end, mention the Parallax threat - setting up a sequel. The same way they did with Batman Begins - although Ra's was more than a training mission.

They're hoping for a sequel for sure, to expand on Sinestro's turn. Then if it works, they plan a JLA movie after a Flash and Wonder Woman movie, akin to the planned Avengers movie. I think Marvel has the better chance, IMO

Initiate

PostThu Jun 23, 2011 2:52 am » by Masterhunter

otoel wrote:I guess I can watch this piece of shit film... is it online yet?

It was a alright film, had a plot and stuck to it. Good fallow threw to the end.
The only negative thing I would say is that most of the action happened towards the end of the movie. But I saw it for free so I shouldn't complain that much.

Yes you can watch it for free, just go to the pirate bay . org
Jesus Hates Dinosaurs.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 23, 2011 2:55 am » by Cia212

dlslith wrote:
cia212 wrote:I wasn't a huge fan of the movie. Ryan Reynolds totally missed the Hal Jordan character and Parallax was too important a villain to tackle in the origin story. In fact, originally Hal Jordan WAS Parallax - it was retconned to being a possessing entity later on. Plus, the Oa training lasted all of 5 minutes of screen time.

They're hoping for a sequel for sure, to expand on Sinestro's turn. Then if it works, they plan a JLA movie after a Flash and Wonder Woman movie, akin to the planned Avengers movie. I think Marvel has the better chance, IMO

Agreed, Avengers has a FAR better chance than JLA. DC made too many of their heroes too powerful, it becomes difficult to relate to the character. Who will they all fight in a JLA movie? Lex Luthor? Ha! Maybe Darkseid.

Initiate

PostThu Jun 23, 2011 3:33 am » by Baboogdi

If I recall from my youth (years and years ago) GL was a runner-up in popularity to the likes of Batman, Superman etc from DC and several others from Marvel Comics. I think the reference to GL being a grade B superhero refers to the backseat he took to those more popular characters.

Next