The DTV 2.0 Prank Thread... RETIRED!

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 4:59 am » by Noentry

shit bro you had me fooled with your I would never post a gay leaving thread but.
Glad you aint gone.ffs
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 5:04 am » by Spock

Glad you're still with us NoEntry!

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 5:09 am » by Bleever

Well I'm back but what was weird when I decided to walk away it felt odd when I logged off. My wife was happy but it was definitely an odd feeling, glad to be BACK!!!
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 5:21 am » by Bleever

Where is Jet? I hope he comes back and 2020!! Skype was fun last night! One thing I do know we here at DTV we are a unique passionate bunch...
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 5:23 am » by Noentry

spock wrote:Glad you're still with us NoEntry!

me too bro :flop:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 am » by domdabears

bleever wrote:Where is Jet? I hope he comes back and 2020!! Skype was fun last night! One thing I do know we here at DTV we are a unique passionate bunch...

He will. Been talking to him on skype today. :flop:

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 7:25 am » by Jet17

bleever wrote:Where is Jet? I hope he comes back and 2020!! Skype was fun last night! One thing I do know we here at DTV we are a unique passionate bunch...

Here I am !

Good to be back, I thought shit was hitting the fan, and then knew something was a cookin, so I decided to stick around.

Almost threw my laptop in the river though when the sign came up.

:cheers: everyone!
*View my post history under former usernames: JetXVII, Epicfailure, Slamgunshark*

DJ Jesus died for your Spins!

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 10:31 am » by Elnorel

Fuck man, I love me some drama.

SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 11:19 am » by Flipper

Ok so Seahawk and Spock leaving was to create some extra interest for the new site. That I get, however what I do not get is. Why some members are actually getting emails about background checks etc from legit sites? Which just so happen to start around the beginning of this month.

Glad you are not leaving Spock. :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 15, 2012 8:18 pm » by TheDuck

spock wrote:Good day!  WOW did this shit go viral FAST!

If you haven't guessed already, all this stuff was a hoax, every drop of it.  Hawk leaving, me leaving, ABC Agencies, the smurf girls, a couple of bizarre new posters, etc.

I hope people won't be too mad, as this joke eventually ended up being on us.

Here's what happened; The old website had to be taken down off the server in order to upload the new one. Originally, this was supposed to happen on April Fools Day.  We had been planning to do something for a month, and we devised a scheme to hit the forum with all the stuff everyone talks the most about; evil government agendas, smurfs, etc., and give them a load of drama right up to the crescendo: The "Seized" Splash Screen.  We knew the splash screen would be figured out in no time (fake as hell agencies - easily debunked), but thought that just for a moment people would get the WTF factor.  We NEVER thought it would go as viral as it did.

Originally everything was supposed to start with Seahawks good-bye thread last week, the plan was in motion, this was March 29, but Seahawk logged on and started his thread without checking the mod forum to see that Lukas had told us the new site was running behind and they needed another week.  So all of us mods were like "OH SHIT WE GOT TO PLAY THIS DAMN GAME FOR A WEEK!!!???  But, we figured that dragging it out would also lend itself to credibility and build the drama.

The thing is, we did very little.  We planted a few ambiguous clues of "watch what you say", the smurf girls loaded a couple of stupid videos about angels and earthquakes, and the rest was built entirely on speculation and paranoia via crowd participation. The outcome was way more than we expected.

We knew that speculation would build the story on it's own, that's how all conspiracies work, we just didn't know what the final product would look like.  We wanted to do something fun for the new website launch, and initially it being planned for April 1, scheming something was perfect.  We wanted to play on how something so inane could snowball into an all out fabricated story-line, not by us, but by the speculators; and to see what that storyline would turn into. Very organic.

However, the joke turned on us because we NEVER intended this to go so long, we figured 1 or 2 days at the most.  And then it going viral so quickly was like it exploded in our face, we never anticipated it.

I can assure you we never intended to hurt anyone's feelings and hoped that in the end people would see the entertainment value.

I was completely humbled by the people that responded to my good-bye thread yesterday as we were all on Skype watching it unfold.  So many good people with good hearts, regardless of differences of opinion on issues; I really felt like a goat.  And when I started that, I never thought it would play out that quickly, that far. Initially we didn't know who would post the thread, the final consensus came down to me or Duck.

Anyway - that's the story in a nutshell.  I hope you are not upset with us, can see the entertainment value and enjoy the new forum. THis was only a joke for April Fools Day, never intended this to be a publicity stunt and have been quite shocked by how this ended up playing out last night.

Welcome to the New Disclose.TV

Bump, ^ we collectively agreed on this.

Viva la DTV!
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

PreviousNext