Guest Researchers ?

Initiate

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:05 pm » by Edgar 2.0

Cageyone23 wrote:
dlslith wrote:The concept is good, especially if egos could be checked @ the door.

Stripping a thinker of his or her ego would be a mammoth task, but i think this would be possible with engagement. I guess with most threads on here, only those with interest would respond and of course the odd troll or 2, but these can be easily taken out of the equation if necessary. Would it not be possible to bar someone from a thread if seen to be stirring things up. I'm sure Lukas would be able to implement some code to enable this.
Just throwing out ideas :flop:

If he would be able to implement some money for them, that would be a step towards the seriousness which would lure them. The money opens a lot of doors... :)

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:10 pm » by Slith

Cageyone23 wrote:
dlslith wrote:The concept is good, especially if egos could be checked @ the door.

Stripping a thinker of his or her ego would be a mammoth task, but i think this would be possible with engagement. I guess with most threads on here, only those with interest would respond and of course the odd troll or 2, but these can be easily taken out of the equation if necessary. Would it not be possible to bar someone from a thread if seen to be stirring things up. I'm sure Lukas would be able to implement some code to enable this.

I'm not sure if Lukas could or would do this. Shoot him a message, see what he thinks. :flop:

Canubis wrote:

u fell for my missle tow.....its just a pek..... im perma banned 3 times for fags.... so smooch! it

SMAK ME BITCH on the lips....

xmass is coming hard...

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:12 pm » by Slith

Edgar 2.0 wrote:
Cageyone23 wrote:

If he would be able to implement some money for them, that would be a step towards the seriousness which would lure them. The money opens a lot of doors... :)

That's not gonna happen. They should be here on their own free will, if they choose

Canubis wrote:

u fell for my missle tow.....its just a pek..... im perma banned 3 times for fags.... so smooch! it

SMAK ME BITCH on the lips....

xmass is coming hard...

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:15 pm » by One-23

Edgar 2.0 wrote:
Cageyone23 wrote:

Maybe not monetary gain, but Advertising on DTV would be a good way to draw them in.
Wouldn't take anything to implement that as DTV already uses Advertising on it's landing page.
Would be interesting to see what Lukas thinks of this idea.

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:17 pm » by Spock

The only way it would work is if we created a single thread that each person needed to sign into individually after accepting pre-planned rules of engagement. There would be a set time for the discussion and it would be meticulously moderated to keep anyone from showing their ass. As well, the questions should be screened in real time to keep masturbation jokes at a minimum.

But, I think it is a great idea.

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:19 pm » by Spock

P.S. The guest has a right to be an ass and as batshit crazy as they wish, because they are "The Guest" and the opinion of them can be formed as they give their routine.

Initiate

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:25 pm » by Edgar 2.0

dlslith wrote:
Edgar 2.0 wrote:

That's not gonna happen. They should be here on their own free will, if they choose

Yeah, i guess that's true, and it would be great if they would show some enthusiasm. But then again,

And Cagey is right. At least some advertising or shit like that. Hell, i'm no businessman, but i think Lukas is. And a good one, to be honest.

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:26 pm » by One-23

Right, I just shot an email over to Lukas to see what his opinions are regarding this, but in the mean time keep it coming and thanks sincerely for all your input, I think we could really create something unique here on DTV if we keep on brainstorming :cheers:

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:41 pm » by One-23

Spock wrote:The only way it would work is if we created a single thread that each person needed to sign into individually after accepting pre-planned rules of engagement. There would be a set time for the discussion and it would be meticulously moderated to keep anyone from showing their ass. As well, the questions should be screened in real time to keep masturbation jokes at a minimum.

I know this is a job that the Mods do already, but do you think they would be willing to step up their game to implement this? I guess this would be on a rotational basis with each guest and would be for an allotted time so would work like a charm.

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 pm » by Spock

Cageyone23 wrote:
Spock wrote:The only way it would work is if we created a single thread that each person needed to sign into individually after accepting pre-planned rules of engagement. There would be a set time for the discussion and it would be meticulously moderated to keep anyone from showing their ass. As well, the questions should be screened in real time to keep masturbation jokes at a minimum.

I know this is a job that the Mods do already, but do you think they would be willing to step up their game to implement this? I guess this would be on a rotational basis with each guest and would be for an allotted time so would work like a charm.

Oh yea, we've discussed this before. I think it's the only way for anything like this to be implemented and to work.

But, I think all the mods (or the ones that could) would need to be present in order to make it happen, especially if questions are being screened first.

I'm a member at UnknownCountry.com and that is the way they do it, except they have live chats, they don't screen questions, but you don't even act the slightest bit sarcastic or your jacked. I like the way they do it and think it should be done here likewise.

PreviousNext