Guest Researchers ?

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:51 pm » by One-23

It's good to see that the positives definitely outweigh the negatives, all be it a bit of hard work to deploy, but once the infrastructure is in place the following would be significantly smoother.

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:52 pm » by Slith

Spock wrote:
Cageyone23 wrote:
Spock wrote:The only way it would work is if we created a single thread that each person needed to sign into individually after accepting pre-planned rules of engagement. There would be a set time for the discussion and it would be meticulously moderated to keep anyone from showing their ass. As well, the questions should be screened in real time to keep masturbation jokes at a minimum.

But, I think it is a great idea.

I know this is a job that the Mods do already, but do you think they would be willing to step up their game to implement this? I guess this would be on a rotational basis with each guest and would be for an allotted time so would work like a charm.

Oh yea, we've discussed this before. I think it's the only way for anything like this to be implemented and to work.

But, I think all the mods (or the ones that could) would need to be present in order to make it happen, especially if questions are being screened first.

I'm a member at UnknownCountry.com and that is the way they do it, except they have live chats, they don't screen questions, but you don't even act the slightest bit sarcastic or your jacked. I like the way they do it and think it should be done here likewise.

I'd be on board with this for sure

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 2:02 pm » by One-23

You will have to shoot it off in the Mod Forum, see what the response is like, but ultimately it's down to what Lukas' input is. I would be will to offer my voluntary services if anything was to come about from this idea, and I'm sure there are long standing members who would also like to support this idea. Maybe a stripped down Mod status without all the privileges only deployed during the allotted times of the guests. Just toying with ideas again.

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 2:12 pm » by Noentry

By having two separate threads.
You would negate the need to have moderators there.
The Guest could enter their post and answer the questions as he/she pleases and to respond to the sensible reply's.

The Guest could even pop in just because they are bored, or have an update.

Mods obviously would still be in control of the thread, if say the:
ED CONRAD SPECIAL GUEST: :scary:
thread that only ED could reply in go out of hand, say while he is having a nervous break down on our forum coming to the realization, that his life's work has amounted to nothing. The mods could lock him out. And publicly ban his sorry ass.

If this got of the ground I would like to see admin create a new category for this type of Special Guest response/update thread.
Think of all the extra revenue it will bring Lucas!!!
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 2:18 pm » by Malogg

Thought I was your star guest ahahaha

Nah would be cool to get some fkn folk from gooberments on so we can rip em a new hole

But hey DTV has most of the best researchers anyway but the feckers are lurking and should come out and play with us crazies now and then .

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 pm » by Spock

Noentry wrote:The Guest could enter their post and answer the questions as he/she pleases and to respond to the sensible reply's.

In theory, yes. But not practical. In order to keep a cohesion it would need to be something that the guests realizes there is a set period of time, that would keep the flow going and quick and give the guest an idea of how much effort they are willing to put into it.

As far as not needing mods for this; this is an open forum for anyone in the world (including douche bags) so the need to moderate it is imperative.

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 2:25 pm » by TheDuck

If we specified a time when the maximum number of us would be on at once then it could work... I'de be willing to put in a some quality time to keeping this kosher...

Edit* Me and the Vulcan are on the same page it seems :flop:
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 2:26 pm » by One-23

Malogg wrote:Thought I was your guest ahahaha

Nah would be cool to get some fkn folk from gooberments on so we can rip em a new hole

But hey DTV has most of the best researchers anyway but the feckers are lurking and should come out and play with us crazies now and then .

Malogg you make a very valid point regarding DTV researchers and Lurkers, would be a great opportunity to entice them out :flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 2:30 pm » by Tjahzi

good idea !

perhaps participants in the forum should be "prescreened" in some way? to keep the clowns at bay, dunno if possible at all.

what kind of territory would you like see covered?

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 2:33 pm » by Noentry

Spock wrote:
Noentry wrote:The Guest could enter their post and answer the questions as he/she pleases and to respond to the sensible reply's.

In theory, yes. But not practical. In order to keep a cohesion it would need to be something that the guests realizes there is a set period of time, that would keep the flow going and quick and give the guest an idea of how much effort they are willing to put into it.

As far as not needing mods for this; this is an open forum for anyone in the world (including douche bags) so the need to moderate it is imperative.

Perhaps then it would be better, if the Guest, could invite a few members, on to his post on the strengths of their question on the other members post.
Maybe a hour or two slot Each or together.
?
Last edited by Noentry on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

PreviousNext