Hackers have Taken Down the Playstation Network

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 1:22 am » by Ghost32

This has been going on for a while with Sony, George Hotz (GeoHot) is the same guy that did the first jailbreak on an iphone, and there is alot more to the story. Now it has come to light that Microsoft is involved and that they have appently made a big donation to George Hotz legal fees but neither microsoft or hotz will confirm it, but apparently the hackers like microsoft and hate sony and also sony has now got restraining orders on Hotz. I will post the articles and original links below.

Microsoft Might Have Donated To PlayStation 3 Hacker

A few days ago, George Hotz, the hacker famous for creating the first working PlayStation 3 crack, asked for donations to help cover the fees needed to hire a first class team of attorneys to help him win his legal battle against Sony. Two days later, he announced that he has reached his donations goal of $10,000 for the first round.

Today, Everything HQ website quoted “sources close to the matter” who claimed that the donations target was reached in such a short period only due to a hefty donation made by Microsoft.

Needless to say, this news haven’t been confirmed by Microsoft nor by George Hotz himself.

Original Link
http://www.megagames.com/news/microsoft ... n-3-hacker

Sony Bans Hackers - Hacker Unban Themselves And Ban Legitimate Users
http://www.megagames.com/news/sony-bans ... mate-users

Sony Asks For Restraining Order Against PS3 Hackers
http://www.megagames.com/news/sony-asks ... s3-hackers

Playstation 3 Got Hacked
http://www.megagames.com/news/playstation-3-got-hacked

:ghost:32

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 1:24 am » by Spock

dlslith wrote:
spock wrote:Trip on the kids that are addicted to gaming as well as gaming Internet forums. Talk about a waste of carbon! Oh, but by Gawd, they have opinions on everything in the world they don't know a damn thing about

No kidding. And apparently as parents, we don't know jack

Oh yea, been told that. He said that that he knew more than me and his mother combined. Of course the extent of his resume is being able to hook up a video game, play a game for weeks on end, and back Obama because it's all Bush's fault.

Rejoice he doesn't live with me, or one of us would be dead.

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 1:28 am » by Slith

spock wrote:
dlslith wrote:
spock wrote:Trip on the kids that are addicted to gaming as well as gaming Internet forums. Talk about a waste of carbon! Oh, but by Gawd, they have opinions on everything in the world they don't know a damn thing about

Oh yea, been told that. He said that that he knew more than me and his mother combined. Of course the extent of his resume is being able to hook up a video game, play a game for weeks on end, and back Obama because it's all Bush's fault.

Rejoice he doesn't live with me, or one of us would be dead.

Probably him. My youngest is seriously into the stuff that this site is about. Yet everytime we talk, he challenges me to prove my claims. If he was someone elses kid, I would have killed him by now.

I'm in desperate need of a 6 month vacation... twice a year.

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 am » by Hackjames

dlslith wrote:

You two sound old. ;]

Honestly though, "gaming" has little to do directly with being young. The average "gamer" is not a child, look for yourselves. I imagine you're both being a little bit intentionally boisterous, but if you try approaching them without the perspective of being the parent and just talk then you might have an easier time communicating. Hopefully you'll avoid fisticuffs, at least.

By the way, Spock, addiction is a very broad and subjective idea. At the very, very least, there is no clear (clinical) indication that there is such a thing as gaming or internet addiction, though there are undoubtedly relatively addictive personalities. Does this mean that their behavior is unhealthy or undesirable? Of course, it always depends on who you ask, which makes me question the usefulness of the claim to begin with.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 2:09 am » by Blotto

are these the same hackers that are suposed to be going to hack banks everywere, if so i wonder if they wouldnt mind filling my bank account with a couple of million. current balance about 0.69 , so a couple of mill should see me right.

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 2:20 am » by Seannaar

As a gamer im not realy that trilled that happend
How do i get the satisfaction of hitting people with my car
or how much i get for shooting them in the head.

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 2:29 am » by Hackjames

seannaar wrote:As a gamer im not realy that trilled that happend
How do i get the satisfaction of hitting people with my car
or how much i get for shooting them in the head.

Not being facetious, but how would you define "gamer"? I like hearing people describe it after self-identifying, the explanations vary quite a lot.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 2:52 am » by Spock

hackjames wrote:
You two sound old. ;]

Honestly though, "gaming" has little to do directly with being young. The average "gamer" is not a child, look for yourselves. I imagine you're both being a little bit intentionally boisterous, but if you try approaching them without the perspective of being the parent and just talk then you might have an easier time communicating. Hopefully you'll avoid fisticuffs, at least.

By the way, Spock, addiction is a very broad and subjective idea. At the very, very least, there is no clear (clinical) indication that there is such a thing as gaming or internet addiction, though there are undoubtedly relatively addictive personalities. Does this mean that their behavior is unhealthy or undesirable? Of course, it always depends on who you ask, which makes me question the usefulness of the claim to begin with.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

OLD AS HELL!!! 43.

Addiction...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 2:55 am » by Tuor10

So that is what happened.
I was at my mates playing COD when the fucking thing went down.

Initiate

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 3:03 am » by Ohj33bus

I got yellow light of death last week, but this still sucks balls
The thing about smart mother fuckers is that they sound like crazy mother fuckers to dumb mother fuckers

PreviousNext