Hackers have Taken Down the Playstation Network

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 12:46 am » by Troll2rocks

The PlayStation Network is facing limited accessibility today. The issue, which Sony is currently remaining relatively quiet about, comes after the Anonymous hackers group threatened action against the company for its treatment of GeoHot and Graf_Chokolo. There is no official correlation at this time, and, as everyone knows, Sony frequently performs maintenance on the PSN. Sony typically provides a bit more details on PSN maintenance through the PlayStation Blog.

According to a tweet on the official PlayStation Twitter account, users may face connection issues throughout the day. “PSN currently undering sporadic maintenance. Access to the PSN may be interrupted throughout the day. We apologize for any inconvenience.”

The Anonymous hackers, meanwhile, have threatened action against Sony, stating: “Your recent legal actions against fellow internet citizens, GeoHot and Graf_Chokolo have been deemed an unforgivable offense against free speech and internet freedom, primary sources of free lulz (and you know how we feel about lulz.)”

Anonymous says Sony has abused the judicial system. You may recall that Sony and George Hotz are in a legal dispute over the hacker’s crack for PlayStation 3 firmware.

Of course, the PSN maintenance today could all be a coincidence, but either way, you should be aware that you may experience issues logging on today. Drop us a line if you are having problems and we'll keep you updated if Sony provides any additional information.

Sony is in trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?tv=tcSCUU4Fg9k this link keeps getting removed and the statements.

All sites belonging to Sony were attacked simultaneously, they should now be operational, however the PSN is still down.

Geohot was the "cracker" not hacker, that cracked the PS3 firmware which broke it open for both homebrew and piracy, even though PS3 pirated games clock from between 40 - 80 gig. which is a nightmare for leechers. Sony responded by removing the ability to install third party operating systems on there machine last year, the PS3 took over 4 years to crack, making it the single best console on the market for security, until now.

However it is still far better than Xbox, which enjoy all kinds of shittyness.

ENJOY....

Upload to Disclose.tv

For teh lulz :twisted:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 12:50 am » by Rydher

YAY! Dickheads ruin the enjoyment of countless paying customers. Rejoice! :roll:

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 12:52 am » by Troll2rocks

rydher wrote:YAY! Dickheads ruin the enjoyment of countless paying customers. Rejoice! :roll:

PSN is free by the way :flop:

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 12:54 am » by Rydher

I stand corrected. Still , doesn't change my opinion about them. :|

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 12:55 am » by Troll2rocks

PSN is now back up and running, the boffins have saved the day

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 12:56 am » by Spock

Hope it gets worked out before SOCOM comes out this month

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 1:03 am » by Slith

Good, now my lazy ass older son can get off his lazy ass, off welfare and get a bloody job. As you can see I'm not a gamer. hehe

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 1:09 am » by Spock

Trip on the kids that are addicted to gaming as well as gaming Internet forums. Talk about a waste of carbon! Oh, but by Gawd, they have opinions on everything in the world they don't know a damn thing about

Initiate

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 1:10 am » by 8pointed1

The online game i was playing got hacked on the ps3,i was playing mod2....it went totally weird with loads of replica chars and the weapons had unlimited range and penetration power...when it finished i noticed my char had been levelled up to the max with all weapons unlocked.......result!!!!

"If you are in the circle....you cannot se the whole sphere"
"If you are inside the circle,you cannot see the whole sphere"

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 05, 2011 1:13 am » by Slith

spock wrote:Trip on the kids that are addicted to gaming as well as gaming Internet forums. Talk about a waste of carbon! Oh, but by Gawd, they have opinions on everything in the world they don't know a damn thing about

No kidding. And apparently as parents, we don't know jack

Next