Hangar 18

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 12:36 pm » by Cia212

Spock wrote:Is it not too hard to overlook the cheesy 1980s production of this movie to actually enjoy the story? Just glancing through it I'm reminded of episodes of The 6 Million Dollar Man and 8 Is Enough.

In production quality, it's more like a TV movie of the week than a cinema-released film. About the same as Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica (original). It's not a technically great movie - plot holes, cheesy lines and acting, stereotypical characters - but I still liked it. It entertained me, and that's the one thing movies are supposed to do.

Initiate

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 1:18 pm » by Boatman

Cia212 wrote:
Spock wrote:Is it not too hard to overlook the cheesy 1980s production of this movie to actually enjoy the story? Just glancing through it I'm reminded of episodes of The 6 Million Dollar Man and 8 Is Enough.

In production quality, it's more like a TV movie of the week than a cinema-released film. About the same as Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica (original). It's not a technically great movie - plot holes, cheesy lines and acting, stereotypical characters - but I still liked it. It entertained me, and that's the one thing movies are supposed to do.

I concur. Some people would have considered it a Crap film (Movie) but i enjoyed it that's why i downloaded it. I didn't see any point in paying for the film when a watch-able copy was on youtube. I am converting as we now, and plan to put it on DVD for my own use.

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 2:15 pm » by Spock

Cia212 wrote:

Thanks CIA, I've always trusted your input on things so I'll give it a whirl. Everything on TV sucks anyway I am jonesing for some entertainment.

Super Moderator

PostFri Aug 31, 2012 3:38 am » by The57ironman

Cia212 wrote:

...i'd never seen that and enjoyed it very much.... :clapper:

.......thanks tony... :cheers:

..(and thruster).. :mrgreen:

.....don't play stupid with me....i'm better at it............Image

Initiate

PostFri Aug 31, 2012 7:39 am » by Boatman

Your welcome :flop:

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 14, 2012 3:00 am » by Cia212

I just saw that Gary Collins, one of the astronauts in the movie, died today.

Previous