I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 26, 2009 6:19 pm » by Spock

I'll be happy with the thigh's.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 26, 2009 6:25 pm » by Ogmios

Have fun everyone. Could someone explain to an ignorant Scot what thanksgiving is all about. I must have heard the word a thousand times and I still don't know its' roots or meaning. Please could some kind American explain it to me.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 26, 2009 6:28 pm » by domdabears

spock wrote:I'll be happy with the thigh's.

if were talkin real turkey, then i take the drumsticks. thighs good too because i only eat dark meat.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 26, 2009 6:29 pm » by domdabears

ogmios wrote:Have fun everyone. Could someone explain to an ignorant Scot what thanksgiving is all about. I must have heard the word a thousand times and I still don't know its' roots or meaning. Please could some kind American explain it to me.

Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival celebrated primarily in Canada and the United States. Traditionally, it is a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. While perhaps religious in origin, Thanksgiving is now primarily identified as a secular holiday. [1]

The date and location of the first Thanksgiving celebration is a topic of modest contention. The traditional "first Thanksgiving" is the celebration that occurred at the site of Plymouth Plantation, in 1621. The Plymouth celebration occurred early in the history of what would become one of the original thirteen colonies that became the United States. The celebration became an important part of the American myth by the 1800s.[citation needed] This Thanksgiving, modeled after celebrations that were commonplace in contemporary Europe, is generally regarded as America's first. Elementary school teacher Robyn Gioia has argued that the earliest attested "thanksgiving" celebration in what is now the United States was celebrated by the Spanish on September 8, 1565 in what is now Saint Augustine, Florida.[2][3] Today, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Thanksgiving dinner is held on this day, usually as a gathering of family members and friends.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 26, 2009 6:34 pm » by Ogmios

So it's an excuse for food and beer with friends and family? Nothing wrong with that. Have fun .
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 26, 2009 6:37 pm » by domdabears

ogmios wrote:So it's an excuse for food and beer with friends and family? Nothing wrong with that. Have fun .

pretty much.
its just a day with all your family and or friends with a shit load of food. and turkey is the traditional main meat.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 26, 2009 6:38 pm » by domdabears

oh, and football too. the Detroit Lions always play on thanksgiving day. even though they suck balls and their always the worst team in the NFL.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 26, 2009 6:39 pm » by Spock

domdabears wrote:

if were talkin real turkey, then i take the drumsticks. thighs good too because i only eat dark meat.

Her thighs too!

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 26, 2009 6:46 pm » by domdabears

spock wrote:
domdabears wrote:

Her thighs too!

yeah. but im likin the breasts
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Next