Haunted Pictures

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 9:25 pm » by Spock

Years ago (1994) I worked at a small town newspaper. We had this little old lady that was our proof reader. She and her husband were absolute salt of the earth.

At one point they decided to clear off some land on their property, there was an old house that was used for storage. The old house was where her husband grew up. They burned the house down, and had the fire department on hand to make sure nothing got out of control.

While the house was burning, they took pictures of the event. In 2 of the pictures, there is clearly a woman standing inside the window, of what was the kitchen. She is whispy in one picture, and more solid in another. She is wearing a light blue dress and has her long hair pulled back.

She was not seen until the pictures were developed. The man showed them to me personally and confirmed that was his mother, though she appeared to by anywhere from late 20s to mid 40s in the picture. What I would do to have those pictures scanned. They have both since passed away

Another time, in the early 90s, I was at a group discussion on these sorts of things. A strange little woman was there with pictures of very bright and determined streaks of light, taken in front of her house at night. Clearly in one of the pictures, at the front of a streak of one of the lights, there was a face. Again, this was before digital photography. This woman said she would just take pictures and these lights would be there in the photograph.

Sort of like this from Troll2Rocks footage from his first visit to that hotel...

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 9:45 pm » by Thebluecanary

Wow, that must have been kind of an experience for the guy...not just a ghost, but the ghost of his own mother, inside his old childhood home that he was burning down. Did he seem disturbed by her presence, or comforted?

When I was in college I took a photo class, and for that semester I fancied myself the new Margaret Bourke White and ran around snapping edgy black and white photos of everything. I thought it would be cool to get some shots of myself looking all arty in the mirrored wall of the coffee shop downtown. When I got back to the darkroom and developed the negatives and started making 8X10 prints, I noticed that behind me, in the mirror, was a woman, where there had not been one when I was taking the shots. She was tall, in a long dress, with long hair that was set in weird tight curls around her face, and she had a sour, hollow expression. In her hands, she held what looked like a pair of shears, and the overall image of her was hazy and transparent, where everything else was sharp. I went back to the coffee shop, thinking that it must have been a painting or something hanging on the wall. But there was nothing there that could have conveyed that image. It was a blank white wall next to the bathroom, and when I asked if there had been any art or anything hanging on that wall the week before I was told no.

Later, I found out that the building the coffee shop was in, an old brownstone thing divided up into shops, had once been one big building that had housed a factory where mostly women sewed clothing back around the turn of the century. I got an "A" for my "ghost" photo. I have long sense given up photography, and of course have lost my print and the negative over the course of many many moves.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 9:53 pm » by Spock

thebluecanary wrote:Wow, that must have been kind of an experience for the guy...not just a ghost, but the ghost of his own mother, inside his old childhood home that he was burning down. Did he seem disturbed by her presence, or comforted?

He was very comforted. They were old school southern Baptists and he interpreted it as a sign from God.

I interpreted it differently, but in no way malevolent. More like, the conditions were right to somehow release energy etched into the environment. To me it looked like she was washing dishes in the sink.

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 9:55 pm » by Thebluecanary

spock wrote:
thebluecanary wrote:Wow, that must have been kind of an experience for the guy...not just a ghost, but the ghost of his own mother, inside his old childhood home that he was burning down. Did he seem disturbed by her presence, or comforted?

He was very comforted. They were old school southern Baptists and he interpreted it as a sign from God.

I interpreted it differently, but in no way malevolent. More like, the conditions were right to somehow release energy etched into the environment. To me it looked like she was washing dishes in the sink.

Hm, that's interesting. I wonder if the energy released from the fire did somehow enable her to be visible there for a minute. Like a recording. They must have been cool pics.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 10:08 pm » by Spock

thebluecanary wrote:When I was in college I took a photo class, and for that semester I fancied myself the new Margaret Bourke White and ran around snapping edgy black and white photos of everything. I thought it would be cool to get some shots of myself looking all arty in the mirrored wall of the coffee shop downtown. When I got back to the darkroom and developed the negatives and started making 8X10 prints, I noticed that behind me, in the mirror, was a woman, where there had not been one when I was taking the shots. She was tall, in a long dress, with long hair that was set in weird tight curls around her face, and she had a sour, hollow expression. In her hands, she held what looked like a pair of shears, and the overall image of her was hazy and transparent, where everything else was sharp. I went back to the coffee shop, thinking that it must have been a painting or something hanging on the wall. But there was nothing there that could have conveyed that image. It was a blank white wall next to the bathroom, and when I asked if there had been any art or anything hanging on that wall the week before I was told no.

Later, I found out that the building the coffee shop was in, an old brownstone thing divided up into shops, had once been one big building that had housed a factory where mostly women sewed clothing back around the turn of the century. I got an "A" for my "ghost" photo. I have long sense given up photography, and of course have lost my print and the negative over the course of many many moves.

That's awesome. That is exactly the way these things happen - very elusive, yet meant to be seen, almost determined. As if, if we weren't at a position to observe it, it would not have happened.

For your story, BlueCannary, I would suggest, I think obviously, that you were the conduit for that to take place, and it was meant for you. If you had not been taking a picture at that time, nothing would have been there to observe.

This goes with a hypothesis I tend to go with - but not necessarily truth, that, this is some sort of shaping/control mechanism, meant for us sporadically, to remain "lorish" yet change the dynamics of social psyche, one scared person at a time. And "ghosts" are not the only avenue, Bigfoot, Aliens, Shadow People and all the other bizarre / somewhat conscious, through dependence on our observation, seems to manifest.

What in the hell is the main program? Who is the author? And for what reason?

Anyway - good shit to make ya sweat in the bed at 2:34 in the morning.

Seems to me Author C. Clark had it right...

Watch all 3 short videos - very quick - very profound.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 10:23 pm » by Thebluecanary

So every post on this forum that I've read today has made me think about John Keel. Have you read his work Spock? He says the same thing you are saying, and he makes a damn compelling argument, to the point that I think in many cases he's exactly right. (If you have read him I'm sure you know that.) Unfortunately, he never just comes out and answers any of those fundamental questions, especially not the who or why. He hints at it, until you want to beat it out of him, but now he's dead so I'll never get to.

Usually when things start making me think about his theories, I go back and read his books again, which usually also means something really strange is going to happen. :) Ah, the circle of weird.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 10:31 pm » by Spock

I've seen you mention him, but I have never heard of him?

Most my philosophy on these things come from Jaques Vallee.

I'm interested now though. What do you suggest?

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 10:43 pm » by Thebluecanary

The Mothman Prophecies, Our Haunted Planet, and the Complete Guide to Mysterious Beings are the most commercially available. Haunted Planet covers his ideas pretty well. The Mothman Prophecies is good if you're interested in that flap...he covers other stuff too. The Eighth Tower and Disneyland of the Gods are good but very hard to find and expensive online. You might could get them ILL from your library, I did. He was contemporary with Vallee, so maybe they came to some of the same conclusions based on researching the same things. I've never read Vallee myself, but I'd be interested to see how he and Keel are similar, if you can recommend something good.

Sorry, I've been a super nerdy Fortean since I was like 9, and Keel was one of the first researchers that I read who seemed to do something beyond telling the same story over and over, so I've always loved him.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 11:39 pm » by Spock

SWEET! I'll look him up. I hope there are audio books as I love having one going while I'm at work.

If not, still will be interesting checking him out. Thanks for the advice!

Initiate

PostMon Dec 06, 2010 6:37 am » by Switchtrip

Hears a haunted picture, well sort of, its me, but see through... weird! might be the red light bulb, this was in a dj booth at a Halloween party.
"There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning"

Previous