Have you ever been Hypnotized ?

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 1:17 pm » by One-23

Interesting article that delves into the workings of Hypnosis.

Has anyone on DTV been Hypnotized and if so what was your experiences?

Not getting sleepy? Brain scans may reveal why some can’t be hypnotized

Oct. 5, 2012
Courtesy of Stanford University Medical Center
and World Science staff

Not eve­ry­one can be hyp­no­tized, and a new study shows how the brains of such peo­ple dif­fer from those who can easily be.

Re­search­ers found that in peo­ple who could­n’t be hyp­no­tized, brain cell net­works as­so­ci­at­ed with ex­ec­u­tive con­trol on the one hand, and at­ten­tion on the other showed less ac­ti­vity and less ten­den­cy to in­ter­con­nect.

The stu­dy, pub­lished in the Oc­to­ber is­sue of Ar­chives of Gen­er­al Psy­chi­a­try, em­ployed brain scan­ning tech­niques known as func­tion­al and struc­tur­al mag­net­ic res­o­nance im­ag­ing.

“There’s nev­er been a brain sig­na­ture of be­ing hyp­no­tized, and we’re on the verge of iden­ti­fy­ing one,” said Da­vid Spie­gel, the pa­per’s sen­ior au­thor, a psy­chi­a­trist who di­rects the Cen­ter for In­te­gra­tive Med­i­cine at Stan­ford Uni­vers­ity School of Med­i­cine in Cal­i­for­nia. Such an ad­vance would help sci­en­tists bet­ter un­der­stand the mech­a­nisms of hyp­no­sis and its use­ful­ness in med­i­cine, he added.

Spie­gel es­ti­mates that a fourth of pa­tients he sees can’t be hyp­no­tized, though this char­ac­ter­is­tic is­n’t linked to any spe­cif­ic per­son­al­ity trait. Hyp­no­sis is de­scribed as a trance-like state dur­ing which a per­son has a height­ened fo­cus and con­centra­t­ion. It has been shown to help with brain con­trol over sensa­t­ion and be­hav­ior, and has been used to help pa­tients man­age pain, con­trol stress and anx­i­e­ty and com­bat pho­bias, Spie­gel said. Hyp­no­sis works by mod­u­lat­ing ac­ti­vity in brain re­gions as­so­ci­at­ed with fo­cused at­ten­tion, he added.

Al­tered “func­tion­al con­nec­ti­vity” among nerve cells in two ar­eas of the brain may “un­der­lie hyp­no­ti­z­ab­ility,” the re­search­ers wrote in their pa­per. These areas are called the dor­so­lat­er­al pre­fron­tal cor­tex and the dor­sal an­te­ri­or cin­gu­late cor­tex.

Spie­gel and col­leagues per­formed scans of the brains of 12 adults with high hyp­no­ti­z­ab­ility and 12 with low hyp­no­ti­z­ab­ility. The re­search­ers looked at the ac­ti­vity of three dif­ferent net­works in the brain: the “default-mode” net­work, used when one’s brain is idle; the “ex­ec­u­tive-con­trol net­work,” in­volved in mak­ing de­ci­sions; and the “sa­li­ence net­work,” which is in­volved in de­cid­ing some­thing is more im­por­tant than some­thing else.

Both groups had an ac­tive default-mode net­work, but highly hyp­no­tiz­a­ble par­ti­ci­pants showed great­er co-ac­tiva­t­ion be­tween com­po­nents of the ex­ec­u­tive-con­trol net­work and the sa­li­ence net­work, Spie­gel said. More spe­cif­ic­ally, in the brains of the highly hyp­no­tiz­a­ble group the left dor­so­lat­er­al pre­fron­tal cor­tex, an ex­ec­u­tive-con­trol re­gion of the brain, ap­peared to be ac­tivated in tan­dem with the dor­sal an­te­ri­or cin­gu­late cor­tex, which is part of the sa­li­ence net­work and plays a role in fo­cusing of at­ten­tion. By con­trast, lit­tle func­tion­al con­nec­ti­vity was found be­tween these two ar­eas of the brain in those with low hyp­no­ti­z­ab­ility.

Spie­gel said he was pleased to find such clear re­sults. “The brain is com­pli­cat­ed, peo­ple are com­pli­cat­ed, and it was sur­pris­ing we were able to get such a clear sig­na­ture,” he ex­plained.

He added that the work con­firms hyp­no­ti­z­ab­ility is less about per­son­al­ity than cog­ni­tive style. “We’re see­ing a neu­ral trait,” he said. The au­thors’ next step is to fur­ther ex­plore how these func­tion­al net­works change dur­ing hyp­no­sis. Spie­gel and his team have re­cruited high- and low-hyp­no­tiz­a­ble pa­tients for an­oth­er study dur­ing which scans will be as­sessed dur­ing hyp­not­ic states.

Source http://www.world-science.net/othernews/ ... pnosis.htm

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 2:11 pm » by mediasorcery

I have years ago, and done self hypnosis quite often, after i was taught how. Its good for focusing the mind, in our world of constant trivial mundane distraction, a tool that enables you to focus is invaluable.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Initiate

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 5:25 pm » by Boatman

I have about a 2 years after my car accident in which i went through a Taxi wind shield on Christmas eve 1977, and i flew 20 feet.
I died twice on the operating table, they managed to bring me back, and it was then i experienced my first out of body, a couple of years later i started experiencing out of body, and i thought i was going mad.
I went to see this registered hypnotist after i had written him a letter, and he hypnotised me to investigate how i was achieving this.
My first experience of out of body (With him) my whole body jumped, and there i was staring down at my body, i looked about the room, saw him the hypnotist, and proceed to walk through the door, and i walked about the building.
All the while the hypnotist was talking to me about what i could see, i amazed him by going into a restricted area.
To cut a long story short he trained me how to hypnotise myself.
Well that's my story.