48%
I think I may have been, Not sure.
26%
I don't believe in hypnosis
9%

Total votes : 23
Super Moderator

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 4:34 pm » by Spock

Knowingly? Did it work? What was your experience?

Please answer the Poll question and explain your answer.

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 4:55 pm » by Noentry

I asked a girl who was a friend once.
She tried it didn't work.

So my vote is NO
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 4:57 pm » by Phoenix rising

Although i have not I'd like to get a past life regression thingy done sometime
“If you cannot find a good companion to walk with, walk alone, like an elephant roaming the jungle. It is better to be alone than to be with those who will hinder your progress.”
~BUDDHA (DHAMMAPADA)~

Super Moderator

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 5:00 pm » by Spock

I answered that I was not sure.

Years ago I purchased a hypnosis tape to quit smoking. I would listen to it with headphones and allow myself to go to sleep. Nothing happened other than listening and going to sleep. I did quit smoking however. Until, like a fool I started back.

Last year I went to a hypnotherapist for the same reason. She induced me, and the only thing I could think of the entire time was feeling patronized. I heard and remember everything she said, and just felt cheezy and awkward. The whole time I just wanted to say, "this isn't going to work". And I felt that me just sitting looking relaxed was somehow, almost, just to make her feel better about her technique, when i reality, I was thinking "if this is hypnotic induction, this is lame and impossible".

I still smoke dammit.

Anyway, I just recently watched the study on making an assassin on Discovery Channel, "Curiosity". And am now in the middle of Derren Brown's show about the same thing, which employs many of the exact tests from the other show.

I believe in hypnosis, maybe that I am one of the 15% that it does not work for maybe? But I am fascinated about this because of Sirhan Sirhan, and most recently everything that has happened around James Holmes and the possible connection via circumstances around the nanny killing the two children in New York.

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 5:22 pm » by Cwmman

I saw a hypnosis some years ago, it was good to, at the start he got some people from the audiance to do some exercises to see who could be put in a trance but what i found strange was the some of the people who started to get hypnotised to easily was sent back to thier seats ?

I talked to the hypnotist after the show and he was saying its easy to do, so he hypnotised me in front of my friends got a lighter out put the flame under my hand while telling me it would'nt burn.
Well through all this i could here him and feel the flame of the lighter and i just went along with it, i dont think i was hypnotised but my friends think differant
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.

Super Moderator

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 5:34 pm » by Spock

Did the lighter burn, or did your friends tell you you did anything you don't remember?

Initiate

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 5:48 pm » by Rkobilan

Spock I can't stop thinking about how in the USA on the T.V. will break and have a civil defense drill. Where at the end of the drill a voice comes on and states something to the effect of returning to your regularly scheduled programming. That said, I grasp the literal sitting down for a session (hypnosis) but offer this as a thought to go along with attending a session proper.

Reading here on DTV about how the brain has four states or waves; beta. alpha, theta and delta.

Eyes open = Beta
Eyes closed = Alpha = praying, meditating, thinking. T.V. breaks that with eyes open by using programming bands
Eyes closed = Theta = sleep, dream state
Eyes closed = Delta = Rapid, eye movement

Is it possible that today's T.V. is programming or in other words using hypnosis to affect the masses? Edward Bernays, the father of taking propaganda and turning it into public relations wrote on how to control the masses.

Am I being hypnotized into thinking I need stuff offered on the T.V. when I really don't?

Would programming and hypnosis not be one in the same?

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 5:54 pm » by Cwmman

I could feel the lighter burning but it was'nt to bad and it did'nt leave a blister or mark, its confusing because i no people who swear that they cant remember a thing when they have been hypnotised and i swear that i could remember everything.

I would recommend it to anyone to see a live hypnosist show, very entertaining.

I wont let it happen again to me because i like to be in controll of my actions.... just incase i was put under.
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 6:05 pm » by Noentry

I have seen hypnosis at work, it most defiantly is real.
It is just some do not let down their barriers to be hypnotised.

I am one of those who wont let myself go under.
I remember at one point feeling like I was going under and I stopped myself.

After a while she gave up.

I while back I went to a pub with a few friends, there was a hypnotic show going on that night.
The girl In our group, was one of half a dozen that went on to the stage.
One of the funniest things I have ever seen.
At the end of the show, the hypnotist implanted a command in all their minds.
While they were in the pub if you ask the who is the greatest hypnotist in the world they would answer his name is the greatest hypnotist in the world.
I got my friend to stand in the doorway.
I stepped her inside, asked her and she answered the phrase programed into her,
when I stepped her outside and asked her the same question she looked at me like I was mad.
I did this a couple of times and got the same result every time.

I have seen hypnotism at work and it is very real.
Last edited by Noentry on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 6:13 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Spock wrote:I answered that I was not sure.

Years ago I purchased a hypnosis tape to quit smoking. I would listen to it with headphones and allow myself to go to sleep. Nothing happened other than listening and going to sleep. I did quit smoking however. Until, like a fool I started back.

Last year I went to a hypnotherapist for the same reason. She induced me, and the only thing I could think of the entire time was feeling patronized. I heard and remember everything she said, and just felt cheezy and awkward. The whole time I just wanted to say, "this isn't going to work". And I felt that me just sitting looking relaxed was somehow, almost, just to make her feel better about her technique, when i reality, I was thinking "if this is hypnotic induction, this is lame and impossible".

I still smoke dammit.

Anyway, I just recently watched the study on making an assassin on Discovery Channel, "Curiosity". And am now in the middle of Derren Brown's show about the same thing, which employs many of the exact tests from the other show.

I believe in hypnosis, maybe that I am one of the 15% that it does not work for maybe? But I am fascinated about this because of Sirhan Sirhan, and most recently everything that has happened around James Holmes and the possible connection via circumstances around the nanny killing the two children in New York.

I have a friend who is a hypnotherapist, she tried her art on me, no luck, she said I had the wrong personality type....WTF.....LOL..I do believe there are people that are so susceptible....(Gullible).. that they will do anything they are told via suggestion of hypnosis

Next