Help police unravel 'forest boy' mystery

Super Moderator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 14425
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostWed Jun 13, 2012 8:16 pm » by domdabears


Image

BERLIN (AP) — Berlin police on Wednesday released photos an English-speaking teenage boy who wandered into the city nine months ago saying he had been living for the last five years in the forest with his father.

Police spokesman Thomas Neuendorf said all attempts to identify the boy since he emerged in the German capital on Sept. 5 have been unsuccessful, and they are now hoping the release of his photo may produce some leads.

"We have checked his DNA against all missing person reports, sent the data to Interpol so that they could check it internationally, but unfortunately without any success," Neuendorf said.

The boy has told authorities his father called him "Ray" and that he was born June 20, 1994, but claims not to know his last name or where he's from.

He said his mother, Doreen, died in a car accident when he was 12 and after that he and his father, Ryan, took to the forest. He said they wandered using maps and a compass, staying in tents or caves overnight.

He told authorities that after his father died in August, 2011, he buried him in the forest and then walked five days north before ending up in Berlin, and showed up at city hall.

Investigators have been unable to confirm any details about a fatal car accident that matches up with Ray's story, however, and haven't been able to find the body of the father — raising "serious doubts" about the story.

"There are many question marks," Neuendorf said.

He is now being taken care of by youth services, and is going to school. When he first appeared, Ray spoke English and a few words of German, but has picked up more German fast, Neuendorf said.

He has also quickly adapted to city life and technology, using a laptop and his cell phone with no problems.

"Everything gives the impression that he was not far away from civilization for years," Neuendorf said.

Neuendorf said that Ray does not speak English with a particular accent, leading investigators to believe that he is not a native speaker. There are no indications, however, of what his native tongue might be.

Ray is described as being somewhere between 16-20 years old and 180 cm (about 5-foot 11-inches) tall. He has dark blonde hair and blue eyes, and three small scars on his forehead, three small scars on his chin and a small scar on his right arm.

He has a complete set of teeth and no obvious dental work, and his hands, fingernails and teeth appear "well kept."

Police in Berlin have asked anyone with information on him to contact them.

http://news.yahoo.com/berlin-police-rel ... 25936.html
'Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.'— Carl Sagan

Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 6669
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Evildweeb 3.0

PostWed Jun 13, 2012 8:31 pm » by Evildweeb


Damn.

He shoulda stayed off the grid.

Welcome to earth Ray.


:bang;
Image

The Book of Man http://vimeo.com/album/2701770

The Book of Man Blog (announcements) http://brianonley.wordpress.com/

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 1:54 pm

PostWed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 pm » by Thruster


He's old enough to remember his second name and where he lived.

Teeth in good condition.

Up to speed with today's technology.

He's telling porkies.

:bullshit:
Image

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10984
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 2:24 pm

PostWed Jun 13, 2012 9:04 pm » by *WillEase*


Thruster wrote:He's old enough to remember his second name and where he lived.

Teeth in good condition.

Up to speed with today's technology.

He's telling porkies.

:bullshit:


Boy, the media sure jumped on this...
Image

I agree with you. Even if he and his dad have been living in a cave for five years or so, I would think he could remember his name.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” ― Mark Twain

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 1:54 pm

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 1:18 pm » by Thruster


A woman claiming to be his Stepmother says he's actually a twenty year old Dutch man who wanted to start a new life. In other words....a total pain in the arse.

Link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Robin.html
Image

Super Moderator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 14425
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 3:20 pm » by domdabears


Thruster wrote:A woman claiming to be his Stepmother says he's actually a twenty year old Dutch man who wanted to start a new life. In other words....a total pain in the arse.

Link:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Robin.html

:lol: :flop:
'Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.'— Carl Sagan

Image

Super Moderator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 14425
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 3:21 pm » by domdabears


The original story was probably ready to be made for a tv movie.
'Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.'— Carl Sagan

Image

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:26 pm

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 3:32 pm » by Thor


Maybe he escaped from an underground lab :think: :alien51: :peep: :nwo:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 6669
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Evildweeb 3.0

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 5:24 pm » by Evildweeb


Forest Boy finally identified and admits: 'I made it all up'

By Fiona Govan

11:10AM BST 15 Jun 2012


The mystery of the "forest boy" who turned up in Berlin nine months ago claiming to have spent five years living wild in the woods has finally been solved with police identifying him as a runaway who made up his incredible story.

He is Robin Van Helsum, a 20-year old from Hengelo in the Netherlands who was reported missing by his family last September, just days before he turned up in Berlin with his incredible story.

"He has admitted that he is a fraud," Thomas Neuendorf of the Berlin Police told the Daily Telegraph.


FULL STORY @ TELEGRAPH UK


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ll-up.html


:bang;
Image

The Book of Man http://vimeo.com/album/2701770

The Book of Man Blog (announcements) http://brianonley.wordpress.com/

Super Moderator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 14425
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 6:24 pm » by domdabears


Evildweeb wrote:Forest Boy finally identified and admits: 'I made it all up'

By Fiona Govan

11:10AM BST 15 Jun 2012


The mystery of the "forest boy" who turned up in Berlin nine months ago claiming to have spent five years living wild in the woods has finally been solved with police identifying him as a runaway who made up his incredible story.

He is Robin Van Helsum, a 20-year old from Hengelo in the Netherlands who was reported missing by his family last September, just days before he turned up in Berlin with his incredible story.

"He has admitted that he is a fraud," Thomas Neuendorf of the Berlin Police told the Daily Telegraph.


FULL STORY @ TELEGRAPH UK


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ll-up.html


:bang;


Stupid junkies
'Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.'— Carl Sagan

Image


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook