Here's a Fun Topic - Reliability of the Bible

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 10:38 pm » by Bleever

handy4321 wrote:
stay on the facts...rather simple.

Do let's. The facts are that you can not prove the existence of your god nor the validity of your book. That your god had anything to do with bringing either of us into existence has no basis in fact and if your god gave us free will, then why do you people insist on shoving your beliefs down everyone else's throats? There ya go, another contradiction in your religion!

Handy, you are a very passionate younger person. I think this is a good thing.

I cannot prove the existence of God to fit your definition, moreover you cannot disprove to fit any definition. However, what the Bible has displayed in its ability has never been done before by man. The whole thing I keep bringing...up...Christian Bible is 66 books written in 3 languages, 40 different authors, on three continents over 1500 years, and yet it is the most profound book ever written. Moreover, it tackles the most difficult questions and yet it has never been proven to be inaccurate in any way.

If man were able to duplicate in this way or any way, they would just based on $$ alone...if man could write a similar book and have similar or remotely similar effects on humankind, well they would be a billionaire. However, it cannot be done. Soooo...based on this logic its clear that Man alone, over such a period of time to be as accurate by many standards, even archaeological standard, did not write the bible alone. Unless it was a fluke.

Perhaps.

But that leads us to many a fluke when it comes to Christ. After a while, with all these random, non-duplical flukes perhaps we should all take a better look.

"Archaeological work has unquestionably strengthened confidence in the reliability of the Scriptural record. More than one archaeologist has found his respect for the Bible increased by the experience of excavation in Palestine. - Millar Burrows
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 10:58 pm » by handy4321

Christian Bible is 66 books written in 3 languages

From what I understand, there were a lot more books that were not included. It is possible the reason why is they did not fit an agenda and brought out further contradictions. I wish you well in your beliefs and religion and peace be with you for all eternity, your religion is just not for me, friend. :flop:

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Bleever wrote: you are a very passionate younger person. I think this is a good thing.

:flop: Bleever

and thats a fact worth remembering methinks

Initiate

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 12:22 am » by handy4321

I have been on this planet longer than any who have painted me as "young" most likely. But what does age matter? Wisdom can be achieved by being awake and aware. All one need do is open their eyes and use their cognitive abilities. I have met many of the younger set who are light-years ahead many much older than they. But if it makes you feel more secure in yourself to think that you are older and wiser, that's fine with me. :wink:

Initiate

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 12:26 am » by handy4321

I have said all I feel needed to be said here so, peace to all and enjoy the rest of your evening, morning or whatever. Good night.

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 12:30 am » by Fatdogmendoza

handy4321 wrote:I have been on this planet longer than any who have painted me as "young" most likely. But what does age matter? Wisdom can be achieved by being awake and aware. All one need do is open their eyes and use their cognitive abilities. I have met many of the younger set who are light-years ahead many much older than they. But if it makes you feel more secure in yourself to think that you are older and wiser, that's fine with me. :wink:

You have a seriously bad habit of pre-supposing what other people are thinking and projecting it to fullfill the promise of your conjectures.. I dont dislike you Handy, I thought I did...I just understand now...fully, so dont worry...

peace bro

Super Moderator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 4:26 am » by Vulcanic

guys gotta lighten up :flop: Ithink everyone can enjoy this :)

Upload to Disclose.tv

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 4:18 pm » by Nedroj

Vulcanic wrote:guys gotta lighten up :flop: Ithink everyone can enjoy this :)

Upload to Disclose.tv

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:
DULCE EST DESIPERE IN LOCO

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 4:32 pm » by Perronick

Handy4321, you're a breath of fresh air, don't let the mofos bring you down. Fuck the holy cows in this forum :D

The Bible is reliable as long as you do NOT take it literally. See, brainiacs? I solved the mistery after 13 pages :lol:

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 8:20 pm » by Truthdefender

Vulcanic wrote:
Bleever wrote:vulcanic..I will try and make an effort to get to all of your videos. Ideally, it would be great if you were able to state your position clearly and we could go from that point. However, just posting other people's videos requires much of me. Conversely, if you are well versed, perhaps you could put together somewhat 'pithy' opinions you feel are fact.

Also, ideally of course, we should go topic by topic. I think that would be easier for others to understand, this format you laid out may be confusing for others to follow.

like i said the debunkers and non debunkers both have a great points , in the end no one can 100% prove anything on both sides, the history is lost, maybe if rome did not burn the great library we would have some of these answers.

but seeing i have read the book of the dead, book of enoch, old test new test, ect ect ect i can see how one story jumped to another story ,i can see the progression the growth of these religions, and most of all i understand the life they lived the times they lived in and see how it became what it is today...

the truths are tiny, but they grew into something big, it all started at campfires telling storys of the stars these storys are before writing before citys and each religion has built apon these storys.

i believe in a god but he/she is not in any book, does not require to kill people, reread moses, when his people worshipped the bull he killed them then he genopcided whole citys that helped him befriended him,, because god told him to do that .....

now just read that story as if modern times,, a guy claimed god told him to kill over 1000 of his own people and genocide whole citys not only the people but he had to kill every animal... we got names for people like that these days,,, nuts!! CRAZY!! MASS MURDER!! this is the god you giving faith to,, a voice people hear telling them to do bad things and no one can hear this voice but them....

skip the hoogy boogie look at these people actions, are they action of a true god? a creator?

very little of the bible of gods/jesus words hold water when viewed in modern eyes, its conterdicting,, it seems this god is all good loving forgiving to a small group of people and the rest of the world can just die.(im being extreme yes) but i will not can not believe my god would wipe out whole cultures and the animals, why the animals? lol as if they can follow gods words?? god should know animals are animals and killing them solves nothing changes nothing,, this is no god...

when you open your eyes to all religions i mean fully open up to there ideas beliefs try your best to understand them you do see connections a lot of connection,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think i believe in yoda from star wars the most,, i believe god is the energy that binds all things together, we can even see it in science its a fact. during the big bang first thing to come out was energy then matter flows out on it and still to this day energy is still coming out (god always was and always was) then matter takes form from vibrations cymatics (god spoke the universe into existence)

i think maybe somehow all these ancient people tapped into this knowledge but not one of them could explain it and been fighting over it for so long its not funny.

as for people (talking ) to god doing bad thing,, 100% bullcrap, first of religion used for war to gain material things... if god was to talk he talk to us all, and if this god only refers to the isrealites as his children and wiping out almost every animal and citie from egypt to the holy land then hey this god is not our god and we should not be worshipping such a god...

what if there really was 1 god per race of humans, but they interacted even held council, and these energy beings feed of our positive emotions our faith, and by grabbing some middle eastern religion just made that god more powerful then all the other gods and we gave our own god a death sentence..

we can go circles for hours and hours,,, we can read the same part of the bible and learn different lessons,, the bible is written so poorly that we need a preacher to just give us his meaning or interpitations of what they are trying to say.otherwise we all would fight all day every day on what he meant by this or that...

so i read the bible as a military journey and it made more sence, then i said ok let me remove everything but the actions ,, actions always speak louder then words and the actions of these people tell a whole different story ...

another food for thought,,,, the bible said 200 fallen angels fell to earth, god was supost to leave us alone to our own choice,,, not telling moses to genocide people but anyway god had a plan leave us alone its our choice ,,,, if you were a fallen angel would you pretend to be a god and tell moses to kill?

this whole thing could just be a fallen angels idea of a joke on god....

sometimes i really wonder is this really god or are they being tricked by the fallen ones or some other demonic thing we dont know about??

but in circles i go and go, so i just said screw these books of death,, it is much more simple then that, love god live a good life be true to yourself and fellow man... we dont need a bible today to tell us that we know better, life is what (we) make it,, god is not going save us, everything that happends on earth is our fault we did it to ourself and its up to us to fix it :flop:

[quote but i will not can not believe my god would wipe out whole cultures and the animals, why the animals[/quote]

You said you've read the book of Enoch, then you already have your answer to this question. Genetics, genetics genetics.

And they 3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed 4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against 5 them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and 6 fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood.

What's Bleever! Nice to see you, sorry I haven't gotten with you on your invite. Nice thread. I won't being doing too much in this one it's all yours.

Vulcanic, the commonality found in the tribal beliefs around the world is most likely due to the singular reality of the existence of the one God, and the rebellion of much of the Angelic Host, who became these "gods" you believe came from the stars. Bleever is correct, history shows that mankind was first and foremost monotheistic until a certain event happened. Question, which of these peaceful cultures are you citing were destroyed by Christianity, or the Catholic church?

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

PreviousNext